You know what's pretty silly about Fallout 3?

GenericFalloutUsername

First time out of the vault
That you can go to the Outcast Outpost at level one, complete the simulation, and get arguably the best armor in the game. With the DLC of course. I just think that's silly. :?

What's silly is that Bethesda made it in the way it was released. And they were praised for it.

The powered armor in NV does not have unlimited health, nor is it as easy to get. You have to travel quite a bit before being allowed to get the armor.

Makta said:
You guys seems to forget that you can pretty much do the same in NV ;)
Erm, you can't.
Quest in FNV require going to 6 locations, then going to another 3 (pretty long dungeons) or wiping entire faction.
Not doing some linear fps-like DLC, which isn't connected to other parts of the game, and where you can't go with no skills at all, and kill everybody without problems.

CthuluIsSpy said:
The powered armor in NV does not have unlimited health, nor is it as easy to get. You have to travel quite a bit before being allowed to get the armor.

The power armor is not the best in any ways either. I was reffering to
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Joshua_Graham's_armor
or
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ulysses'_duster

Ullysses is a bit harder to get at low level but due to the ammount of overpriced weapons and armor you get it is not that hard.

Ohh yeah. Power armor is worse than light armors. That is something we have seen in every Fallout game before nv? ;)

Languorous_Maiar said:
Makta said:
You guys seems to forget that you can pretty much do the same in NV ;)
Erm, you can't.
Quest in FNV require going to 6 locations, then going to another 3 (pretty long dungeons) or wiping entire faction.
Not doing some linear fps-like DLC, which isn't connectED to other part of the game, and where you can't go with no skills at all, and kill everybody without problems.

The tesla armor is far from the best tho.

Edit 2: Ahh forgot that you get a set of the Remnant PA after doing that quest.. But you can get it without doing a single quest anyways at the Deathclaw promontory.

Graham's armor is only DT 18 with 200HP. That won't last very long. It does have excellent weight for the defense it gives you, but I still wouldn't call it the best.

Makta said:
Edit 2: Ahh forgot that you get a set of the Remnant PA after doing that quest.. But you can get it without doing a single quest anyways at the Deathclaw promontory.

yeah, but not at the beginning of the game. thank level-independent enemies.

Wumbology said:
Makta said:

For getting it, you must survive those tribals with anti-matieral rifles. You will die a lot, not like in Operation Anchorage.

Also, unlike Operation Anchorage you can exploit the shit out of the game to get virtuall infinite ammo by dropping your inventory and clicking endlessly on the Ammo dispensing machine.

Also: I want to see someone getting through the Deathclaw Promotory at level 1.

good luck with Joshua's cloth.
with this, the enemy can kill you easier.

it's not a big problem for fo3 if the armor isn't unbreakable super armor. because another amor to fix that is rare(is the armor can fixed with T-45 or enclave armor? I'm not sure about that).
same for weapon, as I remember energy cell isn't common for low level.

the real problem is chinese fuxxing stealth suit.
are they serious? why they add stealth boy in game?
or why sneaking skill is exist? they just make this to ruin the game I guess.

Languorous_Maiar said:
Wumbology said:
Makta said:

For getting it, you must survive those tribals with anti-matieral rifles. You will die a lot, not like in Operation Anchorage.

They don't have AM at low levels!

Wumbology said:
Makta said:

DK's and explosives goes hand in hand. Not to mention that the ai is kinda dumb AND there is at least 1 fat man not far away.

Walpknut said:
Also, unlike Operation Anchorage you can exploit the shit out of the game to get virtuall infinite ammo by dropping your inventory and clicking endlessly on the Ammo dispensing machine.

Also: I want to see someone getting through the Deathclaw Promotory at level 1.

I almost feel like doing it now :D

Edit: The only "problem" is that you have to do the BOS quests to use the power armor. But it is still not the best armor in the game unless you are going by DT

Edit 2: And if DT is what you are after you might aswell get Sierra Madre armor, reinforced. And that one is even easier to get.

What about this beauty in NV then? Start the Lonesome Road DLC, reach the first vending machine (no enemies in that area, so it's completely safe), sell everything that is lying around in that area and BINGO. 24DT, medium armor, 500Hp, Guns +5/Agi +1/Per +1.

On top of that the helmet is bugged and you can wear an additional hat or beret for even more DT or bonuses. Cha-ching!

Still, it's better than cheating stealth suit....
that shit is really cheating item..

and also you can wear space helmet with riot helmet so you can get great DT :lol: :lol:
but fixing medium armor is quite expensive in NV so it's not that great advantage compare to operation anchorage.
I rather buy some mod to strengthen my weapon than buying expensive armor.

woo1108 said:
Still, it's better than cheating stealth suit....
that shit is really cheating item..

and also you can wear space helmet with riot helmet so you can get great DT :lol: :lol:
but fixing medium armor is quite expensive in NV so it's not that great advantage compare to operation anchorage.
I rather buy some mod to strengthen my weapon than buying expensive armor.

Cash is probably the least hard part in any Fallout game :P

woo1108 said:
good luck with Joshua's cloth.
with this, the enemy can kill you easier.

it's not a big problem for fo3 if the armor isn't unbreakable super armor. because another amor to fix that is rare(is the armor can fixed with T-45 or enclave armor? I'm not sure about that).
same for weapon, as I remember energy cell isn't common for low level.

the real problem is chinese fuxxing stealth suit.
are they serious? why they add stealth boy in game?
or why sneaking skill is exist? they just make this to ruin the game I guess.

I can't deny the bad move they did with the stealth suit. Thankfully FWE changes it into something.. Worse/better :P

Akratus said:
What's silly is that Bethesda made it in the way it was released. And they were praised for it.
I still think it's a good game despite the flaws. Some love it, some hate it, some could care less. But at the end of the day it's still one of my favorite games.

For the life of me I still don't understand why the super mutants are your main enemy in Fallout 3 though... They sound like they're mentally retarded and it seems that they have no direct leadership. Oh well... "NO MORE GAMES, YOU DIE!"

Back