Your favorite holiday location

SuAside

Testament to the ghoul lifespan
Admin
Last year, due to circumstances at work, I didn't take up any vacation myself (got a few days around X-mas though, since the company is closed then anyway).

But anyhow, I wanted to start planning my holidays for this year, but I couldn't come up with anything worthwhile. I've been to most of Western Europe and some of the north African countries. And I quite liked it, but now I'm looking for something else.

So, what were your best holidays and why?

Can you afford Asia? If so take yourself, and your dick, on vacation there!

Or perhaps you can go on a little expedition to Chernobyl. You know as a project for NMA.

Mr. Black Wolf, where in Serbia? I guess it's not too hard for you to tell form which part I'm from :D

Don't listen to KQX, he spent all his time in the hostess bars in Kabuki-cho!
Nah, Asia is cool, and was cheap when I was there travelling on Yen. Bali, Thailand, Malaysia. Gorgeous. Just be carefully what you eat, I think I got mild dysentary from a fruitstand on Penang Is. That Durian fuckin' tore me up.

Hm, well I don't really have the money to vacation myself, but I've gone to some interesting places the past couple of years. London was a lot of fun, if ridiculously expensive. I went to Turkey too, and that was a really awesome experience. I'd like to see some of Asia, but it's probably going to be a while.

My preferred vacation spot is Colorado though so I can snowboard and such.

If this is for summers....get a car. Start one week before the san fermin festval and go spanish. Just drive from town to town. There is allways fun stuff going on and lots of festivals and fun places to drink. Hit san fermin the day it starts. Fill upp with gas and stay there until you run out of money. Also run with the bulls.

I really enjoyed the week i spent on Curacao, a tiny little island in the Caribbean. Rained off an on all day the whole time i was there, average temp was about 95F and there is a number of things to do. My favorite's were snorkeling and touring the liquor factory.

Random patches of dirt in the deserts of Arizona and the grassy crags of South Africa's mountainous regions.

They're peaceful, also no excessive application of bizarre fonts on everything that produces a host of OLP induced instances of bewilderment.
I hate cities.

KQX said:
Mr. Black Wolf, where in Serbia? I guess it's not too hard for you to tell form which part I'm from :D
If I would have to do a wild guess. Bosnian?

Sadly I forgot a lot of what they teached me in school about languague particularly since I spend most of the later years in Germany. I can speak and talk, but not read Cyrillic only how they say cursive.

you will lough I am sure ... but is what your sig says "Bjlonovi" ? I really should try learning it again one day so I could read finally the book I have about Hajduk Veljko Petrović.

Though my parents came from Sabac, but I have as well some relatives in Bosnia.

I would suggest Veradero, Cuba. Wonderful weather with gorgeous scenary. I found the people there to be quite kind, and a good few who would answer any inquiries at all I had about life in Cuba. In short I would love to go back there soon.

Crni Vuk said:
you will lough I am sure ... but is what your sig says "Bjlonovi" ? I really should try learning it again one day so I could read finally the book I have about Hajduk Veljko Petrović.

Hehe, well find that old Bukvar and get to it. The graffiti in the sig says "Blokovi" referring to the commieblock neighborhood of New Belgrade. I've been to Sabac lots of times. Is that where you grew up?

I definitely prefer bigger cities when it comes to living and traveling. I've had a lot of fun in Tokyo and Paris. L.A. was a lot better than I expected too.

Sue, you mentioned you mostly traveled Western Europe. How about Italy though? I spent 2 weeks exploring the country with a group of friends and it was quite an experience. We never even had a concrete plan, we just rode the rails at night and traveled from city to city. What I found great about it is that each city has such a different atmosphere and look about it that it felt like we were entering a different country each time (which I guess makes perfect sense considering the divided history of the region)

KQX said:
Hehe, well find that old Bukvar and get to it. The graffiti in the sig says "Blokovi" referring to the commieblock neighborhood of New Belgrade. I've been to Sabac lots of times. Is that where you grew up?
I spend some time in Sabac, but I spend most of my time in and around Majur, for the case you know it. Its not all to far from Sabac.

Kinda interesting to meet someone from "around" that area even :shock: thast ... surprising. WHo kows ... maybe one time we even seen each other, somewhere. Who knows ...

thanks for the many replies. and yes, i've heard about great holidays in the Cuba (and surrounding islands), Asia, etc. but it's hard to pick anything.
i've got a friend who studied in Japan and that really seems neat too, but i dunno. i'm just not convinced.

my nephew is also raving about how awesome Iceland is (would be cheap since their economy kinda imploded). :P

and KQX, i've done Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy (Toscany is great!), Spain, Morocco, Tunesia (sp?) & Turkey. (should be about it)
Public said:
I didn't have any proper holidays in the last 3 years.
get up, stand up. stand up for your rights! ;)
Loxley said:
If this is for summers....get a car.
if i drive, it'll be a motorcycle. i fucking hate cars.
Loxley said:
Also run with the bulls.
i'll pass. not my kinda thing...
Elissar said:
My favorite's were snorkeling and touring the liquor factory.
i think i'd greatly enjoy diving, but it's been a long time since my initiation, i'll probably have to start from scratch.

snorkeling aint really my thing though, i think. i'd rather be above, or under water, not half way. :lol:
Eyenixon said:
Random patches of dirt in the deserts of Arizona and the grassy crags of South Africa's mountainous regions.

They're peaceful, also no excessive application of bizarre fonts on everything that produces a host of OLP induced instances of bewilderment.
I hate cities.
OLP?
Pope Viper said:
Iraq or Afghanistan.
Imagine the weapons play you could have there!
i'm not the kind of guy that would enjoy a safari. ;)

Back