Your favorite protaginist?

BarackSays

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I know it's difficult to choose, since most of any protaganist from any Fallout game is ultimately devoid of much character, save from some lines of dialogue and situations, but everyone has a soft spot :)

If I had to choose, it'd probably The Chosen One. He/She had quite a few lines of witty dialogue, and in general seemed like a pretty goofy motherfucker amongst a tribe of oafs.

POWER RANKINGS!

1. Chosen One
2. Vault Dweller
3. The Courier
4. The Lone Wanderer (Fuck this dude, as faceless as they come)
9001. Cloud

I'd definetly put Chosen One at the top, mostly 'cos he's a player on mine, getting all the lovelies he can but still, I like his witty phrases and lines. Second for me would be The Courier, he was great for me, and if you wanted to do a medical check, or a speech check with someone, the things you say if you can't are amazing:

When you're talking to Michael Angelo in his workshop, Medicine 47/55 "I think you have what they call in the business, ummm, Agommarophobia"

1. Chosen One
2. The Courier
3. Vault Dweller
4. The Warrior (Of Tactics, that's how bad the Lone Wanderer was)
5. The Lone Wanderer

1. Vault Dweller
2. Chosen One
3. The Courier
4. There was some other guy I can't remember...what was the name of that game?

Chosen One is badass and mofo; also, look at all his titles in the wastes:

Chosen One of Arroyo
Captain of the VC Guard
Made Man of the Wright family
NCR Ranger

Who alse had four official afiliations?

Vault Dweller is close second, being who he was and also the ONLY outsider at his time to join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel. Sure as hell he kicked more ass than any Initiate, ever.

Can't say about others, but from what I see Chosen > Dweller >>>>> Courier > Warrior > Wanderer.

1. The Courier (he survive a bullet in the fucking head....)
2.Chosen one

3.Vault dweller

4. The warrior

5. The lone Idiot Wanderer.

1. The Chosen One (Mommy say me speshal)
2. The Vault Dweller (For the first time in your life, you see natural light)
3. The Courier (Suprisingly modifiable)
4. The Warrior (You berry-picking moon-worshipping cloth-wearing tribal junk)

The other two are not Fallouts and thus not accountable to this poll.

1. The Vault Dweller (come on, you shape the future of the wastelands and have some of the coolest lines in the world if you are a Berserke)
2. The Chosen One (simply a great vessel to create your own Chosen One. Not to mention brilliant lines.)
3. The Courier (modability, ability to change the future of the wastes)
4. The Warrior (I like the progression from raw recruit to the deadliest deadly thing to ever walk the face of the Earth)
5. The Lone Wanderer (a 19 year old looking for his daddy. Uh, seriously?)

Tagaziel said:
1. The Vault Dweller (come on, you shape the future of the wastelands and have some of the coolest lines in the world if you are a Berserke)
2. The Chosen One (simply a great vessel to create your own Chosen One. Not to mention brilliant lines.)
4. The Warrior (I like the progression from raw recruit to the deadliest deadly thing to ever walk the face of the Earth)

This.

Gotta give the courier credit here. He is completely (almost) uninvolved in anything at the start and so you can let him be whatever you wish him to be, without feeling that lack of sense. Arroyo Scientists, anyone? ;)

1. The Courier (completely blank slate and open for whatever you want to pour into him/her, and still a pretty good reason for following the main quest)

2. The Vault Dweller (kick-ass nickname, the one that started it all, and viewing the post-apocalyptic world through eyes that had never seen it)

4. The Chosen One (a few funny lines but the whole spiritual mumbo-jumbo was pretty terrible)

5. The Lone Wanderer (terrible how they try to use your relationship with Dad as a way to fuel the drama, plus it locks you into a 19 year old character)

Lexx said:
Tagaziel said:

This.

I also second this, except the warrior, I haven't played that game

1. The Vault Dweller
2. The Chosen One
3. The Courier

I dn't know about The Initiate and The Warrior, and I refuse to even think about The Lone Wanderer.

1. Vault Dweller
2. Courier
3. Chosen One
4. Warrior
5. Lone Wanderer

The vault dweller is the original and made it all possible. I like how much of a clean slate Courier is at the start and how much they can grow as the game progress. The Chosen One is cool but the background feels nonsensical for some character types, I do like rolling around in my sweet car with my posse though.

The Warrior is bland, but the Lone Wanderer really sucks.

1. Vault Dweller :clap:
2. Courier (Might be because its new but finaly I have some Fallout fun again)
3. Chosen One ( I never liked F2 that much, it had its moments tho)
4. The person a Brahmin stable is named after.
5. Was a stilbirth and the mother died too :( Oh and the Father also a few days later.

You know, I quite liked the Warrior. A small-time recruit who worked his way up the ranks to become one of the best of the Midwestern BoS.

Not sure how I would rank the protagonists though, but the Vault Dweller is shoulders above the rest.

The Vault Dweller remains one of the best characters in gaming to this day, in my opinion. For some reason, I just love the way the phrase sounds, especially when Ron Pearlman says it.

List?

1. Vault Dweller: First outsider to join the Brotherhood of Steel, saves Tandi and guarantees the foundation of NCR.

2. Courier: Insults Benny's marksmanship, then has him crucified

3. Chosen One: With a low enough intelligence, receives a chocolate chip cookie as a reward.

4. FISTO: programmed to give pleasure, now assume the position.

5. Malefic Maud: Looks like we got another schmuck here. Ladies, attack!

6. Nuka-Cola: The chosen beverage of the wasteland. Warm and Flat.

7. Lone Wanderer: I want my daddy! Waaaah!

The Vault Dweller
The Courier
The Chosen One
The Lone Wanderer

Never enjoyed the fact that the Chosen one was a tribal...

Back