Any projects to rewrite Fallout 4?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Charwo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Kadscaner

Kadscaner NMA's Neighborhood Mutant

Feb 4, 2016
    Heres my idea of an alternate story:

Bethesda sells the rights over to Obsidian and they get to properly make a Fallout game and not get fucked over by Bethesda and it's retarded & brain dead followers.

/thread

2. 0wing

0wing Mods will fix you up

Mar 23, 2015
    The only thing you can do without remaking too much is try to rebuild the main quest, making a few awful post-modernistic 4th wall breaking things like making the main protagonist a secret Gen.4 synth with absolute free will and no electronic or mechanical components and memory of an old SHAUUUUWN's father instead of what game provides.

Of course the only right thing to do is forget about FO4 in this ugly reality but digging the head into the sand is not gonna make the problem go away and resolve magically.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Kadscaner

Kadscaner NMA's Neighborhood Mutant

Feb 4, 2016
    this

4. rockitten

rockitten First time out of the vault

Jan 22, 2017
    Personally, I would recommend ripping all resources from FO4 and "mod" it like Enderal on "Newrim" .

At least,
    1. It is a 64bit system that will have SE supported
    2. The dialogue system is not hard coded to that shitty 4 option crap
    3. The protagonist is silent
    4. We are not supporting "game hour" on FO4 so Berthesda cannot claim credit on that crap.
    5. For the protagonist(s) voice, just make it a voiced companion. We have plenty of voice files for that.

Personally, I have a basic script of a "trilogy" of FO3+FNV+FO4 as my head canon. But to be honest, FO4 is a "fan service bomb". Most serious players has no love about it. If any group/team willing to spent so much hour on that crap, they would better off spend their efforts on their own indie game instead of making free mods to boost Berthesda's sale and "referencing" the idea in their next game.

5. Risewild

Risewild Vault Fossil
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    The way I see the modding community for Fallout 4 is that people who have no problems with the game systems and features enjoy it the way it is, people who don't like the game's systems and features do not make mods for it (there are a couple of exceptions because some people just have fun modding). I don't see the people who enjoy FO4 wanting to make a total conversion of it and I don't see those who don't enjoy FO4 wanting to do it either. Like I said people prefer modding TES way more than Bethesda's Fallout games.

Even a total conversion will still use the hardcoded things from Fallout 4 engine because it is using that engine, without SE for FO4 many things can't be circumvented very well or at all.

Also a total conversion like that would take many years and a motivated large team of great modders from all areas of modding (texture artists, mesh artists, animation artists, writers, scripters, programmers, world builders, etc).
    For example, Enderal took 6 years to be made, and had a good studio behind it (and they are veterans, they had already made Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge, a total conversion for Oblivion in the past too).

6. Kohno

Kohno Mildly Dipped

Jul 30, 2009
    If it is possible to add the original style maptravel, make working and feature-competent "VATS" only combat (Wiz8 style), turn the minigames into weighted skilltests and tweak the mechanics to suit the new style... Why not. I'd be all for that. I'd imagine the hacking and lockpicking minigames could even use the minigame visuals while that character does the job... Seeing what's going on in a small videowindow at the corner of the screen:

7. NMLevesque

NMLevesque Commie Ghost

Jul 2, 2016
    As for the voicing, just clip out a short phrase that sums up the spirit of the statement(s). Say, I don't know, that's crazy, I won't do that, etc. Then rewrite the dialogue mostly unfettered.