General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. SquiglyContiello

SquiglyContiello It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 3, 2018
    One of the DLCs for VC4 has the squad meeting up with the squad from the first game. They are uncontrollable sadly and I heard hey have different voice actors now.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    The Post game in Dragon Quest XI is actually pretty good.
    Going back in time seemed like a bad idea at first, Hell I wasn't sold on it at all during the first hour where it seemed like I would be forced to grind the party all over again because they were back to level 35 (lower level than they were when I got to Yggdrasil the first time) and all the cool combos and abilities I had unlocked were basically lost. But then they pull the "Awaken your hidden Power" to return the lost levels and it got good again. The new Bosses are tough, I had my first Party wipe when trying to fight the Black Serpent on the Snaerfelt and it feels really cool to be going around finding new places and revisiting old locales with the Ultimate key. I already outfited my entire party with their Ultimate Costumes and unlocked the Chivalry tree for Sylvando which makes him the best support party member in the game.

I haven't even gotten the Yggdrasil Seedlings, I am busy with the side content to worry about Satan coming back to life.

3. TucoMerc

TucoMerc First time out of the vault

Oct 23, 2018
    Fallout 4 on PC, OpenTTD on android, farm-sim IRL.

4. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    I gave Darkest Dungeon a try. It's... fine, a bit too expensive for what it offers, but fine nonetheless. I can see, though, how it can get extremely repetitive in a long run. I tend to play it in very short batches at a time (1 or 2 dungeons per session at most, any more would already get tiresome).

Soon to give the remastered Bard's Tale games a go.

5. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Been playing Last Ninja 1 and 2 on the WinVice emulator. In general not bad games but some of the the controls are pretty tricky and this game can really be Nintendo hard.
    I confess I would not have gotten further if I had not used save states and unlimited lives. Guess the challenge will be after I have finished it this way to play without.

Also gave Vendetta a try, another C64 with the same perspective and nearly similar controls but I can't say that I find this one as smooth playing as Last Ninja.
    If the Emulator really emulates the C64 well than the game really suffered from slowdown while loading some chambers.

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Waiting for Smash to come out and deciding I don't care about the Let's Go games, I bought the Digimon game for the Vita (The hacker's memory one because well, it has more Digimon) and it's actually been pretty fun. COmpletely different design philosophy and structure to the Pokemon games, more sidequest oriented and I dig the more Modern Urban Fantasy setting on this, it's animu as hell but it's entertaining. Also raising Digimon is very experimental, as Digimon can evolve into different forms that intersect with other digimon evolution lines, you are expected to just change the species of the Digimon you have multiple times just so you can get the more Powerful ones later on. It has an auto mode so I can also grind levels while doing other shit. I am glad I could dust off my Vita too.

7. Gonzalez

Gonzalez Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2004
    So, Bungie released Destiny 2 for free for a limited time, just in time for my birthday. So I'm enjoying my birthday present. So far it's fun. I plan on playing trough all of the current content before I even consider getting any extra.

8. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Vaporum, Slovak dungeon crawler with modern graphics and old mechanics, released in 2017. Nice surprise for me actually, on par with first Grimrock.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Smash is fun. I am currently trying to unlock all characters before my friends come over to play. The unlocked challengers are kinda hard to beat, specially when they appear when I am trying a character I don't know how to use, good thing it has that "Challenger Approach" option to retry the battles.

10. Black Rose

Black Rose Comfortably Numb

Dec 5, 2018
    Just got the first FO! I'll probably have to wait a little while to play it but I'll let you guys know what I think. I'm sure I'll love it!

11. Paladin Hank

Paladin Hank First time out of the vault

May 6, 2018
    You haven't played the first Fallout game???
    Get the fuck off this website Bethestard.

haha jk have fun, i'm sure you'll love it!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2