Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. chieftain486

chieftain486 War. War never changes...

Apr 9, 2017
    I have a question about Redding. I cleared Wanamingo mine and gave the excavator chip to Marge. Then I talked to doc, Marge, Dan McGrew and mayor. All of them have their own vision of the future of Redding (with Vault City, NCR or New Reno), but none can give me any directions as to how I should act to make one of those aliances possible.
    The question is, is there any way to get those quests or they are just not implemented [yet] ?

Also, to the topic of this thread (@MIB88) :
    1) In Broken Hills many of caravan guards have two combat shotguns (one equipped and one in their inventories). I think one should be enough. :)
    2) I confirm that currently there is no way to normally complete the "repair the purifier" quest in Broken Hills: you can enter the mine but game totally freezes the moment the fight mode activated. The only way now is to use Ctrl-R trick to get to the broken machine without a fight, then install the filter, then use Ctrl-R again to leave the mine.
    3) In NCR the Bazaar shop has three shelves, but when you browse through them, you get to see (almost every over time) not the content of the shelf you clicked but the inventory of the owner (stimpack and combat knife (or spike knuckles)). Then you have to quit the dialog completely, click on that shelf again - and only then you see the right content! It's not critical, but it's annoying.
    4) In Modoc in the shack area (north-west) some radscorpions have strange hit point info. If you have Awareness you see something like "52/26", and then after the first hit it always got below 26, so that "52" is obviously a glitch.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. Samhain

Samhain First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2017
    Not a 100% sure, but I believe I got the good ending for Redding by getting the Jet Cure to "Painless" Doc Johnson.
    Also,
    1) Awe, come'on. Two's better than one right? :D I noticed a lot of duped inventories. In the SAD, encounters with the Yakuza, they all had two Wazakashi's, and a smattering of other locals. It's suuuuuper easy to become a gajillionaire.
    2) I DON"T KNOW HOW, but I didn't have a single problem in the Broken Hills mine. This glitch is common, but not a 100% occurring.

3. chieftain486

Apr 9, 2017
    I was wondering about the [possible] extension of quests in Redding. I've completed all "traditional" quests there, but Madame Modjeska describes all political players of Redding (Doc - for Vault City, Marge - for NCR, Dan McGrew - for New Reno and mayor for his own profit), and those people also have a lot of dialog options, where they explain how they see the future of Redding. I heard [rumors, one may say] that there might be the way to get series of quests from Marge or Dan McGrew. Quests, where Chosen One helps one of those people to extend influence over the city by discrediting opponents. The question was, is there such a possibility in current MM or is it just a wishful thinking? :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  4. chieftain486

Apr 9, 2017
    In Vault 23 if you try to access the computer on the 1st floor while in combat the game immediately freezes without warning and then shuts down with the error.
    By the way: Vault 23 is the most boring place in whole F2. So many slow rats moving at once...

5. Parto

Parto It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 20, 2016
    redding is easy

- dont cure jet addicts, give mine chip to dan, dont sell mine to mayor = support reno
    - give mine chip to marge, dont sell mine to mayor = support NCR
    - cure jet addicts, dont sell mine to mayor = support vault city
    - clear mine then sell it back to mayor, dont give chip to anyone = support independent redding

you could combine quests to see which one has bigger influence at the end...

6. chieftain486

Apr 9, 2017
    You can check "DamageFormula" variable in ddraw.ini. The safe (and default?) value is "0" (Fallout default), but it may be set to 5. At least you can try. )

7. Parto

Parto It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 20, 2016
    maybe try different fo2 source ? never have this issue with original fo2 cd, so i couldnt say more ... :(

edit: only thing that could override damage formula is settings for "violence level" in game so try pick "maximum blood"

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 12:29 PM
  8. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    IIRC the GOG version has SFall and the Resolution Patch included.

9. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk modoc, den, grave Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
    Alrighty, this post is the end for my issue because I finally figured it out. I deleted all my other posts to clean up my useless speculations and whining.

If anyone is trying to install this mod over a digital copy of the game purchased from Steam (or possibly GOG, but i'm unable to personally test that) you will have to delete all the SFall and High Resolution Mod files in order for it to work, otherwise the damage formulas will be glitched and combat won't work.

1) Download fo2 from steam, which has sfall 3.2 and highres included.

2) Copy the fallout2 folder from the steam folder to a new location, then uninstall fallout2 through the steam client (not really necessary, just cleans things up)

3) Delete the following files from the fallout 2 folder

ddraw.dll
    ddraw.ini
    Extras (folder)
    f2_res.dat
    f2_res.dll
    f2_res.ini
    f2_res_change.log
    f2_res_Config.exe
    f2_res_patcher.exe
    f2_res_README.rtf
    Fallout2_High_Resolution_Patch_4.1.8.exe
    fallout2HR.exe
    Fallout2Launcher.exe
    FalloutClient.exe
    FAQ.txt
    GameuxInstallHelper.dll
    sfall-readme.txt

You can keep the manual and the text files if you wish, but for the sake of this tutorial I'm making things as sleek as possible.

These files should be all that remains, which is as close to the base game as you can get. 29 files, ten folders, 555mb

4) At this point it's ready. Just install the megamod as per instructions and punch klint in his stupid face

EDIT: Concerning the High Res mod, the megamod doesnt seem to include f2_res_patcher.exe, yet includes everything else for the mod. Not sure if that was deliberate or not and I actually prefer the original resolution, but you may need to keep the original HR files or download the patcher separately. Im not certain of its compatibility with the megamod so I cant say for certain

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 5:42 AM
    • [Like] [Like] x 3