Need NMA opinion on some Legion´s armor. Come and help me.

You and the gold obsession, dude. Since the game's environment itself is pretty bland and washed out, flashy colors like that just scream "mod" more often than not. The design looks really good on that guy, I think you just have to tone down the yellow.

New guidline:

If the color wasn't used in the original armor, don't use it.

BUT BUT IS ROMAN ARMY SENPAI, WE MUST HAVE TONS OF GOLD!!!!!!!

Seriously now, this color is vanilla dude :lol: I changed everything but the gold

ArmorOfThe87thTribe.png

edit: just to make clear, EVERYTHING in the golden color of the previous photo is vanilla, be it the shoulders, the eagle or the helmet. The exception is the coin with the face of Caesar.

Last edited:
Hmm, you're right. Maybe it's just too much color in general then. Especially with the red and yellow touching. Looks like a McDonald's sponsored gladiator. Notice how in vanilla they tend to stick to only one major bright color on each piece.

Hmm, you're right. Maybe it's just too much color in general then. Especially with the red and yellow touching. Looks like a McDonald's sponsored gladiator. Notice how in vanilla they tend to stick to only one major bright color on each piece.
hqdefault.jpg

i
am
aroused

Nah. Looks like shit.

Now this. This is how a praetorian and Lucius should looks like. (shoulders in the second one will be dark not golden)

GdAKFUj.png

https://i.imgur.com/GdAKFUj.png

But I can be convinced otherwise. I look at his chest and see nothing but a metal plaque. But the truth is that it is the chest of the APA.

What do you think? Goes unnoticed?

Last edited:
Nah. Looks like shit.
fuk u it looks gud
Now this. This is how a praetorian and Lucius should looks like. (shoulders in the second one will be dark not golden)

GdAKFUj.png

https://i.imgur.com/GdAKFUj.png
Even though I liked the previous design better, this is probably more fitting. I do think you should use the mask/cloak thing with the yellow bull over the mouth on at least one other set of armor. I don't know where you'd use it, but I really recommend that you use it somewhere.

The chest and shoulder pieces look a little too rusty on the first set, especially for someone as important as a praetorian. As for Lucius's set, the shoulder pieces should be changed, or at the very least the wires on the current ones should be removed if it's at all possible. Also, the skirt should be changed to the red one.

Aside from those things and the clipping with the capes (which isn't that huge of a deal since there's already quite a bit of clipping in vanilla New Vegas), the designs are great. I appreciate your use of sandals instead of boots as well. :ok:

I have to say I disagree with you on this one, Bogs. I think the shoulders give it a good repurposed feel.
I'm not asking for flawless, squeaky clean armor. Just armor that looks like they've put some effort into polishing it. You'd think that the Praetorians, who are the personal bodyguards of a motherfucking emperor, would take some time to look the slightest bit presentable.

If the set belonged to a lower ranking Legionairre, I'd feel the same way. But, as I've just said, these guys are responsible for guarding a very, very, very important person. They should probably look the part.

Honestly? I really wanted to be these shoulder pads.

abdenour-bachir-praetorian-v1-web.jpg

Too bad there is nothing like this in the game. And no, I'm not ripping Rise's assets, not a good practice. Dragbody did this and I particularly found the result ridiculous. IMHO.

But he's working on Legion Will Ryse II now and it's looks absolutely spectacular.

He is the best modder of NV armor, no doubt about that.

but I do not even know where to download this. I think it's paid or something.

You'd think that the Praetorians, who are the personal bodyguards of a motherfucking emperor, would take some time to look the slightest bit presentable.

Maybe being presentable is too high tech for the Legion...

But nah, I get your point.

Those are some off the chain graphics mods you linked to, Cobra. Hardly looks like New Vegas.

I'm a great fatty nerd about this. If it does not look like NV, it's no good for me. End.

I meant it looked good. Implying New Vegas looks like shit. I forget you're not going to understand my ironic English slang. 'Off the chain' means something is really good if you didn't catch that. It's 'out of control' so to speak.

I meant it looked good. Implying New Vegas looks like shit. I forget you're not going to understand my ironic English slang. 'Off the chain' means something is really good if you didn't catch that. It's 'out of control' so to speak.

oh :P

but I keep my opinion. If it does not look like NV, it's rubbish. The second video looks like, the first one no.

Anyway, bad and good news. My mod will take a little longer to get done. The reason for that is the good news, I got a guy for the textures. He send me a message and I love his work. :)

64296-1514356158-300324673.png

63087-0-1491374769.png

62999-0-1491282548.png

61093-1-1449645258.png

Anyway, bad and good news. My mod will take a little longer to get done. The reason for that is the good news, I got a guy for the textures. He send me a message and I love his work. :)
"A delayed game mod is eventually good, but a rushed game mod is forever bad." ~ some random Jap

i mean, with this logic you also get stuff like the duke nukem reboot, so you know

That is actually a pretty cool costume pack. Will all of these be included in your mod?

Yes. Planned is:

- 28 new armors and almost the same number for helmets
- About 10 new weapons
- 1 trait, 4 or 5 new perks
- bunch of new recipes
- A small camp (I accept suggestion of where to put this camp)
- An adjustment in the faction system. Use legion armor does not set your level of liked with them to neutral, only the disliked level.
- A fun alternative to the implants. For example, beat everyone in the Legion´s arena and you gain a +1 in endurance. Reach idolize with legion and you gain +1 to charisma.
- a small unmarked quest.

And some minor changes. Blacksmith in the fort can repair your itens, a merchant like quartemaster Bardon in Cottonwood Cove, the possibility of using HtH weapon in the arena, a new challenge equal to those of Guns Runner Arsenal, other itens in Caesar´s Favor etc

I also will make some changes in this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60990

Lupa will be as strong as Rex, can knock out enemies and will give you a special perk. It will be the same as Ed-E, but she will also give you two bottles of special milk daily (because that's what the roman she-wolf does). The milk does ..... I do not know, probably increases your critical chance, like the police magazine.

"A delayed game mod is eventually good, but a rushed game mod is forever bad." ~ some random Jap

i mean, with this logic you also get stuff like the duke nukem reboot, so you know

NV to say so. Alias, it's a miracle this game was good.

Back