Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Hassknecht, Apr 11, 2016.
Furthermore, what time is it? 12PT is good for me, but I don't know if everyone else likes that.
Yeah, the 17th. I don't get home until 2:30 p.m. or so, and I need some time to set things up.
(On that note, I found what caused that audio screw-up with my upload: The video conversion software I used. This time, I may just upload a thirty-second clip to YouTube and upload the real podcast onto SoundCloud or something.)
We're going to start at some point close to 3:30 p.m. CST, which is 1:30 p.m. for you and Ranger.
Sweet, I'll be there.
Also, do we have a list of talking points? If not, I was thinking;
- What got you the most hyped up/impressed you the most?
- What disappointed you the most?
- What didn't you see coming?
- What did you think of each press conference?
I'll try and make the list of things to go through today before the cast, if it's alright. I don't really feel like having it like the last cast, and better if it's more like Nuka World.
It'd be pretty expansive but we can crop a lot out.
You guys are heartless. It will be 10.30 pm in my country... Oh well, glad tomorrow is not busy.
Either way, see you on the podcast.
Spoiler: Real fucking long script
- Madden 18
- NFS: Payback
- FIFA 18
- Star Wars Battlefront 2
- A Way Out
- Anthem -> Here or at Microsoft
- Xbox One X
- 42 FOOKIN GAMES (22 Exclusives):
- Metro Exodus
- Asasin's Creed Origins -> Here or at Ubisoft
- PUBG, The Darwin Project
- Deep Rock galactic (space left 4 dead)
- State of Decay 2
- Minecraft 4k, crossplay and other
- Black Desert
- The Last Night -> Controversy later
- The Artful Escape
- Code Vein (weeb Souls?)
- DB Fighter Z
- Sea of thieves
- Super Lucky's Tale
- Crackdown 3
- Life is Strange (2) Before The Storm
- Middle-earth: Shadows of War
- Ori and The Blind Forest 2 (and the Will of the Wisps)
- Original Xbox comaptibility
- Anthem -> Now
Raiders of the Broken Planet
We Happy Few
Ooblets -> Later at PC
- Fallout 4 and Doom VR
- Skyrim for Nintendo Switch
- Some card game bullshit
- TESO Morrowind
- Quake Champions
- Dishonored 2 DLC
- The Evil Within 2
- Wolfestein 2: The New Colossus
- Paid mods Creation Club -> Later
- Nothing really
PC Gaming Show
- XCOM 2 DLC-War of The Chosen
- M&B 2: Bannerlord
- Total War: Warhammer 2
- PUBG- Rolls!
- Tunic, Shadowverse, Killing Floor 2 DLC
- GriftLands by Klei
- Lone Echo/Echo Arena (VR Zone of The Enders)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Age of Empires Definitive Edition (HD)
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle-> Now
- AC Origins-> Now
- The Crew 2
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- South Park: Phone Destroyer
- Transference (VR)
- Skull and Bones
- Starlink: No Man's Skylanders
- Steep Update-Road to the olympics
- Far Cry 5-> Now
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 -> Now
- Uncharted: the Lost Legacy
- Horizon Zero Dawn DLC
- Days Gone
- Monster Hunter World
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Marverl Vs Capcom Infinite
- CoD WW2
- Skyrim Again (VR)
- God of War
- Destiny 2
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Kirby 2018
- Pokkén Tournament
- "Unnamed Pokemon RPG for next year"
- METROID PRIME 4
- Metroid: Samus Returns (remake)
- Yoshi 2018
- Fire Emblem Warriors (Musou)
- TLoZ: BotW - Expansion Pass
- Rocket League, ARMS
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Sonic Forces
- Yakuza 6
- Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions
- Tyranny DLC
- Last Night controversy
- Creation Club
- Winners and such
- Red Dead 2
- From Software game
- Death Stranding
Okay, so here's the beta of the script. ANything more I should add? Remove? Highlight?
@Arnust You screwed up the timezones in the chat. It's at 1pm PT, not ET.
Alright. Got a trial of Vegas Studio 14 registered, and am testing a one minute chunk of the podcast for clarity.
EDIT: It was definetly my old movie maker software that caused the audio issues before. I'll dig those up and remake the podcast video to get rid of that whirring once this one is finished.
EDIT #2: Made a meme for the video, and figured I'd show it off. If this looks too silly or something sounds off, let me know and I'll change it before rendering the video.
EDIT #3: I think I found the perfect theme to lead this video. Getting it loaded into the video and adjusting it as needed right now.
EDIT #4: The video is rendering now. It's a several gig monster, even at 640X480.
EDIT #5: It's finished. Getting the Upload page for Youtube started.
EDIT Final: And it's done. Here's the link. Enjoy, guys.
Quick update for the Remastered Edition of our 7th podcast that I mentioned last time.
I found an audio adjustment setting in Vegas that'll remove the hissing sound during my parts, and should remove all of it from the tracks. For now, I'm looking around for images to use for the new background of the video, and need to test a one minute clip to ensure any recording/rendering issues are dealt with.
Since we've gone a while without a podcast, I think now's a good time to begin looking into a date for the next one, as well as the subject matter. Thus far, Games We LIke has been an idea that keeps coming up, along with the Creation Club and all the joy that brought.
Date-wise, since Saturday has been our de-facto day to do these, late this month or early next would probably be best.
Now, in terms of the big one: I'll be sending Obsidian an interview request e-mail soon, specifically for Tim Cain (I can't find a PR e-mail for Obsidian, but I did find an info e-mail on Facebook, so we'll see if that works), and also one to inXile for Brian Fargo (They have a PR e-mail).
If one, or both, of them respond, getting them onto the podcast before the end of the year would be an amazing thing to have happen.
As with Chris, let's get together a list of questions for them, but also leave some room for them to ask questions of us. I'll wager these guys get asked questions day in and out already.
Respond here or on Discord if you read this message and let me know if there's something I'm overlooking with all of this.
As I've said before, I believe that it'd be playing safer to surf the marketing wave of their upcoming respecting games, but if we can get them anyway it'd be fine. We needs lotser good questions before any case, of course.
Creation Club can wait, so that leave sus with the immediacy of Games we Like. I think that we could have an arbitrary limit to game/member time respectively to keep it interesting and flowing. There we could use even passerby to drop their choices.
I'd go with three, four or five games for a limit, depending on how many people show up.
Five sounds fine. It's half the length of most Top lists and leaves enough room for good choices.
As for some questions I would ask of Tim and Brian:
- You were the one who wrote the engine for the original Fallouts. How has game engine creation changed since those days?
- How would you describe the writing style of Obsidian's RPGs?
- What was one of your favorite holdovers from Wasteland 1 to 2?
- Where do you see InXile going in the next five years?
Can I add some questions there? I can't join the stream, but I'd appreciate it if anyone asked.
- As a veteran of industry, how does he feel about the way RPGs have evolved in the past 20 years? Which things that have become a staple of the genre does he appreciate and which ones does he not? How does he think the genre will evolve further?
- It's been almost three years since WL2 got released. How does he feel about it now, are there some things that he thinks should have been done better/different? Regrets?
I know there are a fair number of questions and that they are kinda touchy, so if you think they might not be proper or anything, feel free to, well, not ask them.
Before I send the e-mail out to either InXile or Obsidian, here's the whole of the message. If anything sounds off, let me know and I'll fix it up before sending.
"To Whom This May Concern,
I am sending this e-mail as a member of the No Mutants Allowed forums for Mr. Brian Fargo/Tim Cain. We wish to formally request a few hours of his time for a podcast that the website has begun hosting, on a date of his choosing in the month of October, November or December of this year.
We would like to speak to him about InXile/Obsidian Entertainment as a company, the Wasteland series, Fallout, and gaming in general, and allow him to ask questions of us as well. If any topics related to these subjects cannot be spoken of in detail, or at all, we will honor the request.
Please respond at leisure to this e-mail if this request sounds satisfactory, and any further details can be worked out from there.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to the response."
Sounds perfect to me. Very pro.