Wannamingo, love them, or hate them?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by ThatZenoGuy, Nov 16, 2016.

1. R.Graves

R.Graves Functionally Defective

Apr 21, 2016
    do you remember the EPA's explanation?
    Jesus fuckin' Christ. what is it with Bethesda and designing entirely NEW creatures and giving them OLD names? it just doesn't follow. not too lazy to design a new creature but too lazy to give it a new name? WTF?

2. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    Creatures made by US scientist and meant to bd used agains't chinese a weapons. (which ironically isn't so much different than the xenomorph in the alien franchise)

But the EPA is made by modders, whom i don't know the writting process. I don't know if they took those information from developers notes, or if they put the explanation that made more sense for them.

PS: It wouldn't be the first time for Bethesda. See their ghouls, centaurs and super-mutants. Also the Mirelurks family in their own Fallout 3. Two designs. One creature name.

3. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Fallout 1.5: Resurrection actually tried to explain the origins of the Wanamingos, and yes they mentioned the thing had a kill-switch to wipe them out after a period of time has passed.

Based on Kodex Konsensus™ the expositions given in F1.5 were generally acceptable, and iirc some even mentioned how it felt natural (didn't feel like fanfiction at all) and actually respects the lore, but also with their own twists.

4. Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor dear god, the scrapping

Apr 18, 2015
    There is no such thing as overlapping roles or being unnecessary in terms of bestiary of the Fallout Universe, especially with how scarce of actual exotic and badass creatures in the modern installments, I welcome anything fucking new to the plate instead of "Supah mutantz and..er...DOG!". Could easily have mutated Trapdoor spiders being the size of cars hiding in plain sight or mutated fat toads the size of large boulders that can potentially insta-kill an unwary player.

5. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    I wouldn't mind having much less fights, but having those more meaningfull.