Weather phenomenon

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by MutantScalper, Nov 19, 2017.

1. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dark side in da houssah

Nov 22, 2009
    So winter is not only coming but already here. 20 + cm of snow in the last 24 hours. Usually it isn't this type of weather at this time of year, snow usually falls in late december. Right now -12 deg Celsius with wind chill. I guess it's time to go full Michelin man with the winter clothes again.

Already kind of X-massy kind of feel.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Take that, global warming alarmists.

3. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Someone had fun making the tags for this thread. >_>

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Global Warming? then why is it getting Cold.

Checkmate.

5. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    Ok and now we have an actual blizzard here. All I need is a hot rum and some kebab and I'm good.

I don't know how many of you has shoveled or plowed snow (not cocaine) but that stuff is heavy. It's a good workout though. Wet snow can be really heavy.

People who have traveled in both extreme hot and extreme cold say that cold is actually sort of practical and easier than hot. In cold climate you have plenty of water right next to you, just melt the snow (not the yellow snow) and all your food stays edible in the cold. In hot everything spoils quicker and water evaporates fast.

As far as climate change/global warming, seems to me the overwhelming majority of scientists thinks it is happening. And it's a serious issue.

6. Richwizard

Richwizard Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 18, 2010
    It's 80 degrees where I am.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    Nice and balmy.

Cleaned the front yard of snow earlier. There was up to 50 cm of wet, heavy snow. No gym needed today.

8. Valdetiosi

Valdetiosi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2017
    Thursday: Actual snow started snowing down, 5 cm coverage upon the land, -5 celsius
    Friday: Wet heavy rainstorms, +7 celsius

I wish I would live in northern tip instead next to coast.

9. TheAdversary

TheAdversary Curious Incubus

Jun 25, 2017
    Another sunny day in Californ-I-A

10. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Putting Food on your Family Since 1650 Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    It's beautiful. :)

11. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    That's actually just a stock photo. It is nice here. Here's a pic by me taken late at night. This was taken before the blizzard, so add 30 - 50 cm of snow into this pic. Which has now started to melt away.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Better pic.

It's in the 60's here...been getting near freezing at night with wind taken into account. My new heater has helped a ton or I would be bitching like the last few years.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    The early, wet snow kind of sticks to the branches of the trees. The branches are bending and sometimes breaking off. Some trees even fall because of the weight of the snow. Luckily don't have any big trees near.

Also the snow covers all the dog doodoo etc. making the air somehow fresher and easier to breathe. So that's a bonus.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017