Where can I buy Fallout 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Dark Sol, Apr 10, 2004.

1. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    Good price!
    2 great game +1 so so game for 5 £.
    too bad I'm living in Asia..

2. t0tal Hakk3r

t0tal Hakk3r First time out of the vault

Apr 25, 2014
    A super easy way to get FO2 (or even FO1) is to go to amazon.com. I bought mine there! Once you download it to your computer (choose the maximum installation size) you never need the disc again! If you give me permission to send you some files (like hacks or whatever) shoot me a message....

3. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    You are a lucky guy. Back at the time, you needed 4-5 cd to run Fallout Tactics. Now there is a patch that allow you to play without those.

4. BigBoss

BigBoss Your Local Scrub

Dec 24, 2012
    Damn. I just bought the Fallout Classic Collection (which forced Tactics on me even though I really didn't want the shit), but everything was on a single disc, FO1, 2, and Tactics. I also have the OG Fallout's, without the box set and OG manual though.

I got mine from Walmart, and the original Fallout discs from Amazon.

5. lostabroad2

lostabroad2 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2013
    I remember those days. I remember installing the original version of Doom from 5 diskettes on what I think was a 286 machine. I remember loading Spectrum games from audio cassettes. I even used to write games and code in those days.
    Maybe 1 of these days i'll actually complete a Fallout game.

6. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Doom was far too demanding for a 286 to handle back then. I know my 486 ran it like a dream, but my 386 had a few difficulties with the game.

7. lostabroad2

lostabroad2 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2013
    You could be right. I had a 286 and later a Viglen machine of some description that had some upgraded parts. I never knew exactly what it was but I got it before 486s were common and they were also out of my price range. The game had a noticeable delay every time it had to load a location. Curiously I still have the Doom diskettes. After that was a very long gap with PlayStations and no computer.

8. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    I still have my Doom CD, but alas, I don't know if I have any of the original disks (they were free with magazine purchases, or shareware, or the like). =/
    I remember The Legend of Kyrandia required 4 entire 3.5 disks to install, which at the time made me think to myself "This game must be AMAZING!!!!!" Ah, memories.....

9. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    The Legend of Kyrandia ? :crazy:

Damn, time goes quickly...

10. ninjacapo

ninjacapo First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2015
    i bought both on steam because they were on crazy sale

11. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 A Smooth-Skin

Jul 9, 2015
    Good news. All three are back on GOG for 9.99 a piece, 3.33 for the next week.

Bethesda finally saw the DRM-free light after two plus years.

12. Nuka Breaker

Nuka Breaker First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2015
    I got my copy of the first Fallout today, It was ordered from Amazon. I would post a picture of my setup, but I don't have a pic. I am running it on a 2001 HP Pavilion 513c with Windows Vista. It runs smooth as glass on it, even though the computer itself is just a little slow. My monitor, though, is some other brand. On amazon you can buy it new for 50 USD but used runs for like 5 USD.

13. TheLaserRaptor

TheLaserRaptor First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2016
    GOG GOG GOG GOG GOG

14. ezpzxd

ezpzxd First time out of the vault

Oct 27, 2017
    It's on Steam I think.

15. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    I bought all three "classic" Fallout games a year or so ago on Steam. I could've sworn I owned the GOG release too, but I guess not. I'd personally go for the GOG release if I was buying Fallout, since IIRC, it comes with a lot of neat little extras and such.

16. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Wow someone revived this thread that had been dead for almost one year :V.
    Well I might as well post something useful then:

For anyone looking for places to buy the classic games:
    Fallout 1 on GOG.com
    Fallout 2 on GOG.com
    Fallout Tactics on GOG.com
    Gamebryo games:
    Fallout 3 GOTY on GOG.com
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on GOG.com

Steam also sells them:
    Fallout 1 on Steam
    Fallout 2 on Steam
    Fallout Tactics on Steam
    Gamebryo games:
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

I personally recommend the GOG.com versions, some games contain some goodies (external files like soundtracks) that the Steam version doesn't have and the Gamebryo games are better, since they already come with LAA out of the box and they are all (all games) DRM free.:clap: