Why Mothership Zeta is awesome

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by CT Phipps, Sep 25, 2016.

1. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 17, 2016
    I'd actually like to hear more on this. How do you figure it did?

2. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    By making you a slave, by taking away your equipment and forcing you to start from down up. It was just too quick.

3. Arnust

Arnust Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 2, 2016
    I really liked the scenery though, it's one of the most unique in Fo3, a bit like Zion in NV. And it has remove the puke green filter if you didn't already with the Fellout mod

Indeed, as the game-in-game. Imagine if the Pip-Boy games you played were Pre-War FPS in VR you are transported to? That could have been a nice detail

Well it's supposed to be the most racist thing. In a drill you don't want your soldiers to understand the rich culture and history of the enemy, make them people and have them a story and to understand them. You want them to fill the dog-eater's faces with hot lead.

Well the Brotherhod could get a Pip-Boy easily for themselves. Killing any Vault Dweller they stumble upon, or Enclave the crap out of a Vault. Or better yet, melt your teenager face and grab the PB from the pile of ash.
    But the BOS are good guys! West coast BOS would have totally killed you at a misstep though.

4. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    No, they're the Brotherhood Outcasts.

EVIL.

They even drop a finger.

5. Arnust

Arnust Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 2, 2016
    Pff. Red edgy BOS. For saying mean things that didn't make them more evil for me :shrug:

6. MojaveMoproblems

MojaveMoproblems noose tying expert

Dec 5, 2016
    best line i have ever heard damn

7. ikazuchi87

ikazuchi87 First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2007
    MotherShit Zeta is the worst part of Fallout 3. Allmost everyone I know (irl) that played FO3 agree on this.
    Fallout 3 is shity Fallout game but good game over-all, but mothershit zeta is just 100% horrible. It has some of the worst/cinge writing in gaming history.

8. Vic_Boss

Vic_Boss First time out of the vault

Jan 22, 2014
    This was like one of those "Why the Star Wars prequels were so great" articles that started popping up when The Force Awakens was about to hit theaters.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. Einhanderc7

Einhanderc7 Vat dipped, grown and still oozing with perfection

Apr 22, 2016
    Are people seriously discussing this, or is this an ironic thread because hipsters like irony? Tis detritus m'lord, best let 'n rest be'for evil takes root.

10. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    At what point is this shit considered trolling? Seriously duder, you know good and goddamned well that Mothership Zeta is a piece of shit.

11. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    It's really not. It has Funny Aliens and Sci-Fi levels and shooting them!

12. No Man

No Man Gore Bag > Meat Bag

Feb 20, 2014
    Mothership Zeta is like the Warrens level in VTMB, except somehow even more tedious and sold separately.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  13. naossano

naossano Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 19, 2006
    The only time I considered mothership zeta good is when I compare MZ and the Pitt with the other dlc and the base game. At it least it is entertaining and there is no way to pretend it is a fallout game.

But on on the other hand as a standalone game, it would only work as a showcase from young developers looking to be hired. I wouldn't spend money on it,

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    None of what takes place in Mothership Zeta has a place in Fallout. If you want to see Sci-Fi B movie shenanigans done correctly, play Old World Blues. OWB is at least on theme of letting go of the past with the rest of the game.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 3:43 PM
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  15. AlphaSlayerZX

AlphaSlayerZX Scribe Skeletor

Oct 12, 2016
    As a sci-fi fan myself, I honestly didn't find Mothership Zeta that good in terms of science fiction.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse was a much better 50's SciFi spoof. Nailed the retrofuturism of Fallout quite nicely as well.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  17. JO'Geran

JO'Geran Secret of Cabot House is canon.

Oct 25, 2015
    Plus, anything in Old World Blues that doesn't fit in with the rest of the universe can be justified with it being a mostly comedy DLC, whereas Mothership Zeta had absolutely no jokes.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  18. naossano

naossano Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 19, 2006
    MZ IS the joke.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut Koichi Really Steals? No Dignity

Dec 30, 2010
    Mothership Zeta is one of those super ingenious, wity Single Layer jokes where it never got past the premise "Fallout but there is aliens" "and?" "uhmmmmm you have 6 months till release".

20. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Whenever people go crazy over canon and silly, I go: