A utility for viewing the contents of DAT archive files for Fallout 1 and 2, as well as extracting and packing files into them.
This is a replacement for the outdated DAT explorer 1.43 by Dims.
- Can associate .dat files with the program (open them by double-click).
- Support Drag&Drop files from/to the program for quick extraction or adding them to a .dat archive.
- Search and open files in a .dat archive.
- The file explorer for the root directory and the desktop is not updated automatically (requires a manual update with the F5 key) when using the Drag&Drop method in Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 10).
- File compression for Fallout 1 DAT format is not supported.
- Added a button for quick-saving a DAT file (Fallout 2 format only).
- Added a dialog box to confirm overwriting files when extracting.
- Fixed an error in accessing a shared temporary folder.
- All tooltips have been translated into English.