10 best games.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Choro Ex, May 20, 2003.

1. ResetRPG

ResetRPG Hail Damn State

Dec 16, 2018
    I've posted on here before, but here is my updated list.

10. Red Dead Redemption II
    9. Doom Eternal
    8. Elden Ring
    7. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    6. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
    5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    4. Fallout New Vegas
    3. Planescape Torment
    2. Disco Elysium
    1. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

I also rate all of the games I've played on this website if interested: https://glitchwave.com/user/ResetRPG/

2. Nic Colson

Nic Colson First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2022
    I think it's hard enough to single out 10 games because I don't like a lot of games. I liked playing Dota 2, CS Go, Desait, and with the new spider tanks. All of these games are online. I don't think I'm cut out for games like Fallout. It's complicated and time-consuming. I went through it and enjoyed it. But the nerves I wasted more. I do not want to be won by some bot, so I play only online games with real people.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  3. Paladin Hank

Paladin Hank Still Mildly Glowing

May 6, 2018
    My personal list:

1. Planescape Torment
    2. Disco Elysium
    3. Fallout 1 and 2
    4. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
    5. Arcanum
    6. Fallout: New Vegas
    7. KOTOR 2
    8. Deus Ex
    9. Grim Fandango
    10. Monkey Island

There are still many games I have yet to play so this list may change in the future.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  4. eissa

eissa Artanis "Altáriel" Nerwen Nos Finwe

Jan 7, 2016
    I hope you don't mind that I am grouping some of these based on the decade they were released.

1990s

1. Fallout 1/2
    2. Half-Life
    3. Quake 1/III Arena
    4. Age of Empires 2
    5. Civ Alpha Centauri

2000s
    1. Deus Ex
    2. Crysis 1/Warhead
    3. Left 4 Dead
    4. Medieval 2 Total War

2010s
    1. Fallout: New Vegas.

Honorable mentions: Stronghold Crusader, Starcraft 1/2, Witcher 1, Dragon Age Origins, Runescape 2009-2012, Company of Heroes and of course the best sequel in history of gaming, Assassin Creed 2.

I feel like those titles I put on the list have been talked extensively, enough cult following and modding community that made them still relevant to this day, and basically the best cash for gameplay/enjoyment time should you don't want to bother with dlcs and 60$ price tag.

And I believe those games helped infliuence many games later, both narrative and gameplay design.

Most of the games that I've listed are the ones that I have played before, so I am sorry if you don't find your favorite titles. I only know some good titles based on hearsay, friends and gaming magazine back then.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  5. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    I would have placed Witcher 1 on the list.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. eissa

eissa Artanis "Altáriel" Nerwen Nos Finwe

Jan 7, 2016
    I know that feel, Witcher 1 is also my favorite too when it comes to third person RPG with old school CRPG-quality. Yet not everyone can played it just because of the control being confusing. While Fallout 1/2 can be janky to some people, most people seem to can learn it after awhile and on top of that they are not combat heavy.

Still one of the best Witcher 3 mod (W3EE) applied Witcher 1 concept and mechanic thoroughly, resulting in basically closer old school idea of investment and high risk, high reward choice. As opposite to the vanilla, mmo-like feels of percentage increase.

While Witcher 3 added silly sword animations like excessive piroutte and heavy swing with lots of telegrab spot weakness, Witcher 1 added the concept of different fight styles against crowd, fast and heavy opponent adequated with nice animations. The only thing that can top that is maybe some of the finish animations from Witcher 2, which for some reason never reintroduced to Witcher 3. Although Witcher 3 got the best signs mechanic still.

The only real Alchemy is from the first game. I put it in top shelf of the best Alchemy mechanic to ever exist alongside Oblivion and Kingdom Come Deliverance.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. MutantProtogen

MutantProtogen First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2022
    My top 10 PC games would be (And this favorites list will look really different than others here):
    1) The Wing Commander series
    2) Deltarune
    3) Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
    4) FTL: Faster Than Light
    5) Wasteland
    6) Fallout 1
    7) Unreal Tournament
    8) Fallout: New Vegas
    9) FreeSpace 2
    10) Ultima 4

As for console/handheld games:
    1) Mother 3