10 best games.

since this is about games ive consider the best and not about my favorites, i will go for:

1. Silent hill 2 (9/10)

2. Secret of the monkey island (9/10)

3.Titanfall 2 (8.5/10)

4. Fallout 2 (8.5/10)

5. Megaman X (8/10)

6. Warcraft 3 (8/10) (sadly "last updates" seemed to fuck competitive more than help it tho)

7. Chrono trigger (8/10)

8. The witcher 3 (7.5/10)

9. The last of us (7.5/10)

10. Ultima underworld (7.5/10)

since this is about games ive consider the best and not about my favorites, i will go for:

1. Silent hill 2 (9/10)

2. Secret of the monkey island (9/10)

3.Titanfall 2 (8.5/10)

4. Fallout 2 (8.5/10)

5. Megaman X (8/10)

6. Warcraft 3 (8/10) (sadly "last updates" seemed to fuck competitive more than help it tho)

7. Chrono trigger (8/10)

8. The witcher 3 (7.5/10)

9. The last of us (7.5/10)

10. Ultima underworld (7.5/10)

If these are the best of the best, why have they not all scored (10/10) ?

I won't number it cause I can't decide on what I like more over the other. I like them all for different reasons, I'm also going to use just one game per franchise:

• Fallout 2
After 17 years I'm still booting up Fallout 2 and enjoying it just as much as I would back in the day. It is a game that is truly timeless for me. Sure some thing could have been improved as it is not without its flaws but it is simply the best roleplaying experience I've 'ever' had.

• Hotline Miami 2
Take the psychadelic haze of mass murder with an 80's art scheme and inspired music and then add a great minimalistic storyline and you get Hotline Miami 2. The level editor they got a beta out for means you'll be able to squeeze even more enjoyment out of the game.

• Deus Ex
What can I say about it? It's old, it's ugly, but god damn if it isn't charming. Open levels that allow for a lot of different approaches, different augmentations that can dramatically alter how you play the game. RPG elements up the ass. Great storyline, great characters, great writing. I love it.

• The Walking Dead [Season 1]
It's more of an interactive tv-show than a game to be honest. But whatever, the story, characters, twists and turns are all amazing and the ending forced my eyes to act all strange, some sort of salty liquid that slid down my cheek...

• Underrail
Only thing close to a spiritual successor of Fallout.

• Chrono Trigger
An amazing SNES jRPG about time-travel.

• Wasteland 2
Good turn-based combat. Choice and consequence. Post-apocalyptic setting. Three things I really enjoy wrapped up in a neat package.

• The Sims 3
Guilty pleasure, I dunno what it is about The Sims but I just enjoyed vicariously living through pixels.

• Metal Dead
A point and click adventure game set in a zombie setting. Lots of humor and references. I love it.

• Mark Of The Ninja
Good side-viewed stealth game, pretty much the only stealth-focused game I've enjoyed to this kind of extent.
Well, it's been 7 years.
So let's scratch out The Sims 3 (cause it's an unoptimized mess), Wasteland 2 (it's ok), Metal Dead (it's fiiiiine, @TorontoReign ), Mark Of The Ninja (it's totes ok) and Walking Dead S1 (fuck Telltale's stupid design at this point).

Meaning I can replace it with 5 whole games!

• Hitman 2 (don't own 3 yet and don't know if I ever will)
With season 1 maps it is a full fledged game at this point and is the definition of quality>quantity in my eyes. Each level is absolutely sprawling and contains so much variety in approach for how you wanna take out your targets and the challenges and escalations and user created contract add tons of replayability. The overarching main story is trash tho but who ever played a Hitman game for it's fantastic story anyway? You play the games cause you get to murder people.

• Subnautica
It's an open world survival craft game where your giant spaceship crashed on an alien planet that's covered in water and you get to swim around and get nibbled by sharks. The game is great in its game design because of how it encourages the player to explore. And as they find ugrades that take you deeper, well, there's gotta be a deeper yet, innit? How deep does it go...?

• Prey
Immersive sim ala System Shock but way better. You get to gloo the walls with your thick white sticky icky and transform yourself into a coffee cup. 8/10 holy shit.

• Resident Evil 2 (it's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine)
This is my new bar for what a survival horror game should be. Miss me with that REvil 4 and Dead Space action bullshit. I want a survival horror game to actually include combat but be very scant about it and focus on surviving limited encounters with limited resources and not go all cowboy yeehaw guncrazy.

• Psychonauts
Do you like mentally ill people? So do I! Let's explore their twisted psyche's by telepathically entering their brain matter and see what makes them tick. And while we're at it collect all the collectathon collectibles! Gotta 100% this bitch! Great art style, great music, great characters. A bit short tho.

Because nothing is perfect. 10/10 is literal perfection. Nothing could possibly ever be wrong with any of it. If it literally has a single bug it is automatically demoted to 9.9/10 at best. While I love a ton of games I can also call them out on their bullshit and admit that they could be improved upon.

Because nothing is perfect. 10/10 is literal perfection. Nothing could possibly ever be wrong with any of it. If it literally has a single bug it is automatically demoted to 9.9/10 at best. While I love a ton of games I can also call them out on their bullshit and admit that they could be improved upon.

Tell that to Nadia Comaneci, Olga Corset and others that score the perfect 10. A movie called 10, anything can be a 10. Only fussy bastards like you would demote a game to 9.99 cos the hairstyles were not up to scratch, or a slight bug made your vehicle explode :dance:

PS VTMB was bug ridden at first but is a great game 11/10

• Prey
Immersive sim ala System Shock but way better. You get to gloo the walls with your thick white sticky icky and transform yourself into a coffee cup. 8/10 holy shit.
This Prey? (Is there any other?)
Prey.jpg

Last edited:
Doing this fast so these aren't actually in a proper order, just 10 games that I think make my list, all for varying reasons.

1: Fallout 2
2: Space Station 13
3: Dwarf Fortress
4: Metro 2033
5: Victoria II
6: The Binding of Isaac
7: Project Zomboid
8: Sunless Sea
9: Dark Souls
10: Stardew Valley

Because i still never played any game that reached that level. Those are the 10 best games ive played for sure. None of them are 10/10 (i dont give 10/10 only to perfect games)

10/10 game would be something like Pac-Man Championship Edition. There is literally nothing wrong with the game and it does what it sets out to do making it the best game in the series. If you do not like it just go play Ms Pac-Man and piss off.

Not in particular order:

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Stellaris
Civilization 2 and 3 (can't decide which I liked more. If it's time spent, probably Civ 2)
Wasteland
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Planescape: Torment
Hearts of Iron 2

Maybe not the best games I've played, but these are my favorites.
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Half-Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
  • The Walking Dead Season one by Telltale (RIP Lee)
  • Wargame: Red Dragon
  • Warno
  • Witcher 3

P.S Should've probably added Dark Souls to that list, completely forgot that game.

Last edited:
Witcher 3
What did you like about Witcher 3? (Honest question)

I have had Witcher 3 installed since day one; I won it in a contest before it released. I love Witcher 1, was indifferent to Witcher 2 (quit after the Kraken fight), and never I left the opening tutorial grounds in Witcher 3.

I have been meaning to play that game ever since, but have never mustered the interest to actually do it. :scratch:

What did you like about Witcher 3? (Honest question)

I have had Witcher 3 installed since day one; I won it in a contest before it released. I love Witcher 1, was indifferent to Witcher 2 (quit after the Kraken fight), and never I left the opening tutorial grounds in Witcher 3.

I have been meaning to play that game ever since, but have never mustered the interest to actually do it. :scratch:

What made me fall in love with Witcher 3 was primarily the story. I played through the whole game + DLC in a couple of months; it took me about 150 hours. The combat was sufficient enough, a solid 7/10, but nothing fantastic. I was autistic enough to play the first and second games, both of which I enjoyed, especially the card game in Witcher One.;)
Geralt is such an intresting character, and how he interacts with the world, it feels good not to play an unknown John Doe like in a Bethesda games. The ending made me tear up, Ciri is my darling.

I grew tired of Witcher 3 by the time I got to the viking island. Like dead tired of the game. It's so... Bloated with fluff? The story is good for a video game but the actual gameplay which is why I play a video game just made me think of other games that were far more fun to play and did it better before Witcher 3 came out.

Back