Fallout 2 mod 13V (see Downloads or later posts for updates)

You gotta love Lich's art :)

Lich, you released a bunch of weapons as BMPs ages ago, do you still have those files?

Dude101 said:
Lich, you released a bunch of weapons as BMPs ages ago, do you still have those files?

Yes, download from here:
newgfx.zip - 0.67MB

In this mod I will probably use only tricks of mapper like this truck, its not new graphic but some scenery, walls and tiles put together.

You put the different sceneries together and not combined the frms to build a new proto file... I'm pretty impressed I never though the mapper would be able to do cool stuffs like this (I tried some times but the result were failures always) I thought it was a new frm.

Lich said:
Dude101 said:

Yes, download from here:
newgfx.zip - 0.67MB

In this mod I will probably use only tricks of mapper like this truck, its not new graphic but some scenery, walls and tiles put together.

Thanks man. We really missed you on the scene. BTW 13V now has a wiki page (including a proof read description for you):

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/13V

Lich you sure built a lot of interesting weapons…they suit the nature of a wasteland setting - glued together with many odd parts. Were they ever used in mods…

khans.jpg

It looks really cool! still, how did you created the dry river? I mean, how do you maked her like that? I've already tried to make a river with this tile, but it sucked.

I love your art. You are also the maker of this train, right?

xmach7000000.png

xmach3000000.png

I am working on it a little to give it a more "pre war" feeling, I hope it's ok with you...

Jotisz said:
never though the mapper would be able to do cool stuffs like this

In full versioun you will find much more things like that, mapper give big possibilities.

Dude101 said:
13V now has a wiki page

Good news, thanx.

Hopper said:
how did you created the dry river?

These tiles are from that Fo2 encounter bif foot in sand.

Grayswandir said:
You are also the maker of this train, right?

Yes, they can be found to download on dust&blood blog, i put to newgfx.zip only these really hard to find.

Hopper said:
khans.jpg

It looks really cool! still, how did you created the dry river? I mean, how do you maked her like that? I've already tried to make a river with this tile, but it sucked.
It's really bloody damn cool, and this is like what may happen when somebody's lingering over fo2mapper for one hundred years.

It's fun to see Lich to make totally disastrous, but also totally great things. It's so human :D

Grayswandir said:
I love your art. You are also the maker of this train, right?

xmach7000000.png

xmach3000000.png

I am working on it a little to give it a more "pre war" feeling, I hope it's ok with you...
Mr. Lich, may I use the below one for my own activities? :D

Jesterka said:
may I use the below one for my own activities?

Yep.

BTW have question, anybody known about possible scripts limit? Am near 200 and i found something weird, all new scripts dont work, they shown "error" instead of dialog or totally crash when am move mouse over critter with that script. Am sure that problem lay somewhere in msg files. I solved it by use msg files from game instead of create new.

for example usualy i used for script abc2.int
#define NAME SCRIPT_ABC2
now am use
#define NAME SCRIPT_ACKLINT
and for abc2.int am put dialog content to acklint.msg

Now it works, but am wonder what is reason of these errors.

Lich said:
Jesterka said:
may I use the below one for my own activities?

Yep.

BTW have question, anybody known about possible scripts limit? Am near 200 and i found something weird, all new scripts dont work, they shown "error" instead of dialog or totally crash when am move mouse over critter with that script. Am sure that problem lay somewhere in msg files. I solved it by use msg files from game instead of create new.

for example usualy i used for script abc2.int
#define NAME SCRIPT_ABC2
now am use
#define NAME SCRIPT_ACKLINT
and for abc2.int am put dialog content to acklint.msg

Now it works, but am wonder what is reason of these errors.

not sure the actual script numbers but it is an engine bug,a range 2k - 2.5k or something

Nirran

Thanx, seem like its dialog limit, new scripts can still work but when use old dialog msg files. Or many scripts could possibly use one msg file. In script #define NAME SCRIPT_ABC2 (abc2 is information that he will take text from abc2.msg i think few scrips can use txt from the same msg file)

This sounds like a shitty limitation. I will 'soon' hit that mark as well with my mod. Guess we have to ping Timeslip again. Maybe it can be highered with some sfall thing.

I have some new scripting tutorials:

Quest: Kill monster and bring part of his body as proof that you kill him

In critter script:

Code:
procedure destroy_p_proc begin
variable item;
item:=create_object(X,0,0);
add_mult_objs_to_inven(dude_obj,item,1);
end

Where X is number of item from headers itempid.h When he is dead in inventory you will find this item. Possible use add to self_obj (to critter inventory) but some critters body (like rat or dog) cant be search. This is simple quick way to get it.

After quest: you solved quest so npc take you to new map

Inside dialog (excerpt)

Code:
procedure Node004 begin 
Reply(107); 
if (obj_is_carrying_obj_pid(dude_obj, X) ==1)  then
NOption(109,Node005,002); 
else
NOption(108,Node999,002); 
end

procedure Node005 begin 
 set_global_var(GVAR_QUEST1,1);
 call node999;
end

And critter_p procedure

procedure critter_p_proc begin
 if (global_var(GVAR_QUEST1) == 1) then begin
remove_pid_qty(dude_obj, X, 1)
   override_map_start_hex(16298, 1, 2);
 load_map(126,1);
 set_global_var(GVAR_QUEST1,2);
 end else begin
 end
end

Where X is number of item from itempid.h as above. When npc see that you carry item view new dialog option, select it will remove item, change global variable and end dialog. Dialog is over, but npc script still work and critter_p procedure will load new map. Its much better version from what I used before in wasteland taxi script, this one work perfect (close dialog without crashes and put player to exacly place on map where you want) Am using it now for alternate game endings, where you enter new maps after solve big quest. It dont need to be entire new map but its alternate version, just copy map level and make there few changes.

load_map(126,1);
126 is number of map from data-data-maps.txt
1 is number of level where 1 mean second, and 0 is first

override_map_start_hex(16298, 1, 2);
16298 is number of hex, it can be found by click in mapper on hex
1 number of level, 2 rotation: /

5 /\ 0
4 || 1
3 \/ 2

To register new global variable add new line to vault13.gam from data-data, and new line in global.h from headers. For example:

GVAR_QUEST1 :=0; // (695)
and
#define GVAR_QUEST1 (695)

Cool I was just thinking about something similar looks like you have saved me a lot of times in my self learning. :ok:

Lich, please try putting the code in the proper tags next time (there is the "code" button above the message window), might be easier for beginners to apprehend it.

Just keep rocking man! ;)

Back