Fallout 2 mod 13V (see Downloads or later posts for updates)

lisac2k said:
try putting the code in the proper tags

Ok, done
BTW am now work on last, largest map: Necropolis

Current in mod similar to Fo1 locations are:
-vault13
-vault15
-shady sands
-raiders, khans
-brotherhood
-the glow
-junktown
-military base
-cathedral
-boneyard fort
-ufo encounter
-truck encounter
-necropolis

Ofcourse new design and story, they are just inspired by Fo1 but less or more connections are visible. Beside this brand new maps which was not in Fo1 or Fo2 In theory its the same size of game as Fo1.

The more information part you post the more interested I get probably not a big news after this sentences but I'm looking forward to your mod.

trains.jpg

I love the railway station that you build, you really are pushing good old mapper to its limits.
Oh, and your other screenshots looks great too!

you really are pushing good old mapper to its limits.

In theory I have all maps need to relase mod, but am still experiment with new scenery set. Beside cars and trains there will be something more "impossible" but i dont want show screens to not spoil too much.

Also have written all dialogs, but possibly will be more quests and alternate endings. Hard to say about relase date, it could be from one day to another month.

Lich said:
Hard to say about relase date, it could be from one day to another month.
Take your time, Lich. It's better to release a nice, finished, rounded-up mod with less bugs, than to hurry up with a half-arsed addition.

Maybe you should find someone to proof-read the text files? Just an idea.

Lich said:
you really are pushing good old mapper to its limits.

In theory I have all maps need to relase mod, but am still experiment with new scenery set. Beside cars and trains there will be something more "impossible" but i dont want show screens to not spoil too much.

Also have written all dialogs, but possibly will be more quests and alternate endings. Hard to say about relase date, it could be from one day to another month.

PM me if you would like your text edited.

Well, I'm sorry to say that but demo is rather unplayable... in many cities, there are the "ERROR"...

I would happily correct some texts for you when I get my computer back (this week).

Are there installation instructions in the ZIP? If not, how do I install it?

Hopper said:
Well, I'm sorry to say that but demo is rather unplayable... in many cities, there are the "ERROR"...

I test all again and i dont found any error, so i think it was caused by wrong instalation, please check this again

possible solution
1. dont override old data but replace it by new
2. remove patch000 if you have it in main directory

-unzip
-remove or rename data folder from fallout2
-put mod data there

Few feedbacks after playing 13v for 2 hours :

- for now, it's bug free! except that the town names
do not appear on the right menu of the world map
- dialogues are very funny but really need to be
improved by some native english speaker.
- right now i'm roaming through the wasteland but I
didn't meet any random encounter (except one... wich
I won't spoil). Is that intended ?
- also regarding the quest I feel a little bit lost
there is not much clue on what to do... but I haven't
played enough to have a definitive opinion on that (maybe
some improved dialogues will help)
- regarding the items, there is a lot of things to grab
on the lockers... maybe too much. but again, I need few
more hours of gameplay to tell.
- and good job on the new scenery! it really adds to the game!

all in all I like it so far and i'm returning playing it,

EDIT : oh, I forgot : do you intend to add a support for the
Mash's high res patch ? For now, if you have a resolution
higher than 640x480, you can't scroll on the map. Something
about the map edge I guess...

--
Aguirre

-it require new graphics for town label i dont found time for it and just remove them
-maybe somebody will deicide to fix texts, its 200 msg files
-i found one near south coast, encounters was removed for faster testing, anyway you dont need exp to win game and its lot of traveling so i found that better is remove them
-there is no clue, you must explore every corner to solve quests, they are hard because each lead to end of game, i mean when made quest easy you can win very fast, but probably good idea to give few clues in dialogs where find something
-only few items are need for quest, probably better dont take everything before known that is usefull, you cant sell it so its no reason to take everything, but weapons could be usefull
-am always play in low resolution and dont test it on high, never used this patch, on maps edge are placed scroll blockers, in low all work ok

usualy quest items or quest location are well hidden and you must explore all map to find it, also 90% stuff you find is useless, it all prevent game runners from win game

Getting back adventure into RPG, Lich? :D Now, that's what I call old-school.

1) I could help you with the town labels, just PM me the names of the towns. It shouldn't take too long.
2) Dude101 can help you with text, you should contact him.

I known how made labels, maybe final version will have them. Dont want rush anybody with msg correction, because its thousand lines of text.

lisac2k said:
1) I could help you with the town labels, just PM me the names of the towns. It shouldn't take too long.
I'd actually know how to use this proposal :D

Back