All of a sudden you are offered the dream job of your choice

The Dutch Ghost

Grouchy old man of NMA
Hello everyone,

I think I have pretty much have the idea what the responses would be after reading the title of this topic, but just for a moment forget about the obvious choices like being the director of multinational corporation that makes billions, president of a big country, or any of that real life mundane 'great jobs'.

What if you one day are contacted by an employment agency that is offering you a choice of real dream jobs, the ones you can only fantasize about as they are fictional in our real world.
The jobs that only appear in games or movies such as becoming a real life space marine hero who gets to fight aliens, a Ghostbuster, or a mythical hero who gets to save far away magical kingdoms from great evils (yes I know that is not really a job but for this topic its a job you can actually apply for)

So what would you choose?
Let your imagination and dreams guide you.

Dark hero in a film noir type setting that has psychic powers.

He gets the girl.

Very simple. Hard to replicate.

That, or Paul Muadib. But instead of doing what he did in the second novel, retire and run a traveling gypsy party of musicians, comics, writers, dancers, and prostitutes.

Did I mention that the Dune series is epic to the point of ridiculous?

Again, any kind of job is available.

From the Avatar of Ultima, to Emperor of the Empire in Star Wars.

But is it a job you would enjoy doing?
Once you have conquered the world and have established your own dynasty for the future there is little left than formalities, visiting events and that sort of stuff.

international rockstar. famous enough to be able to put out whatever the hell kind of music I feel like and still making money. and I could choose to tour only when I really feel like it. yeah, that'd be awesome.

Astronaut...wait, Cosmonaut. Yeah... go with the ruskies!

I wanted that since i was a kid. Alas, as a future physicist this is what awaits me:

28651_422478256114_628006114_5334489_4690560_n.jpg

Hmm, well I should post my own dream job here as well.

I actually have various, but this one would give a lot of possibilities.

Interdimensional Explorer.

Using quantum wormholes to explore alternate timelines, parallel universes, and those places we think only exist in books, comics, games etc.

I don't know if it pays well but damn I would have a lot of fun.

And if money is really a problem I just go to one of the Earths where humanity has killed itself with germ warfare or something and clean out places like Fort Knox.
Its not as if they would miss it.

Someone to pay me large sums of money for me just living. Don't do anything, not bothered by anyone; live alone and do nothing (or do whatever I want), but money just magically appears. Yup.

Owner of a intra solar system space transport/mining company. Something that is within the realm of possibility in a few hundred years and there is infinite wealth in space. Plus when Earth pisses me off I could just drop a Asteroid or two to improve their attitude.

Owner of a intra solar system space transport/mining company. Something that is within the realm of possibility in a few hundred years and there is infinite wealth in space.

Space whores ftw! something like Total Recall...

Sometimes I wonder "I wanted to be President..." but then, I remember all corruption, the opposition, the hardships to become a president, with popular vote and stuff... So I think being a dictator/emperor/king could be quite fulfilling to myself. I know whats good for the people, right?

verevoof said:
Someone to pay me large sums of money for me just living. Don't do anything, not bothered by anyone; live alone and do nothing (or do whatever I want), but money just magically appears. Yup.

don't you think that a life like that its pretty empty? I mean, whats the meaning?

UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
Film Director, I have wanted to make make movies since I was a kid, fuck I need money :(

This.
Film maker with the amount of creative freedom only few director's, like Tarantino, have. Or the infinite amount of it, since I'm dreaming. Fuck being a space marine who gets all hot chicks, if you ask me. And I'd still get loads of chicks if I wished so.

I have sort of this mentality when it comes to being in charge of a country or even the planet.

"I am already surrounded by idiots, and now I should be in charge of them?"

There is no point in trusting your assistants or advisors to be run such matters as that is only planting the seeds for an uprising.

In order to be really successful you really have to keep your eyes and attention on everything, every moment of every day.

There is no point in using a super computer either, before you know it the thing reaches critical mass, becomes self aware, and decides that a planet without humans including you would really be more efficient on longer term.

Heinz said:
don't you think that a life like that its pretty empty? I mean, whats the meaning?

So a person who would just be getting money thrown at him would lead an empty life, as where an idjit who works a 9-to-5'er for more than forty years would not?

:?

"Your human domestication program has been completed.
Please proceed to the next stage."

Half of what you guys posted falls in the category "if someone granted me a wish"...job...

I am surprised that no one said yet that the dream job they'd like to get would be a Bjob.

Blakut said:
Half of what you guys posted falls in the category "if someone granted me a wish"...job...

I am surprised that no one said yet that the dream job they'd like to get would be a Bjob.

I wonder if I should feel sad for you or kick your ass.

I know, lets do both.

I wonder if I should feel sad for you or kick your ass.

I know, lets do both.

Like learn to take a joke man. I answered the question, now i was just wandering if some of the jobs here are even possible. I thought you meant like real dream jobs - that is super cool jobs that exist.

Back