Another Fallout 3 demonstration today

wow. I should admit, Resident Evil's combat looks much more realistic and impressive than Fallout 3 I've seen so far :)

Talamos said:
This is pathetic.

No matter how much you hate Fallout 3 - If you wanted a Turn Based Fixed-Camera ISO-Version of F3 before, stating now that it "looks ugly" is about as scizophrenic as it gets.
Hmm.. what? I don't think anyone wanted Fallout 3 to be ugly. I like the graphics myself, but I'm not seeing any schizophrenia here. It's not like isometric camera and good graphics are mutually exclusive features.

Demo starting now.

Hmm. It looks like they don't have more to show than those 10 minutes. Still not started...

UPD: It's up

Bethesda probably only has one demo to show.

It'd fit their modus operandus, it's the same thing they did with the previous demo rounds.

Which would bring the grand showings up to three. Heh.

Looks like it's the same area again, and Todd is doing the same stuff as before. At least the hosts are less annoying than the G4 ones.

I saw a scoped .44 magnum in the inventory. Weapon modding in perhaps?

Hacking the turret this time. Yay minigames.

Vasara said:

No. But you have a system that works like the schematics in Arcanum, with a limited number of weapons you can fabricate. Maybe the .44 is one of 'em, maybe it can be purchased like that.

Brother None said:
Vasara said:

No. But you have a system that works like the schematics in Arcanum, with a limited number of weapons you can fabricate. Maybe the .44 is one of 'em, maybe it can be purchased like that.

Could be that there are NPC's that can do certain upgrades. That wouldn't be unprecedented, either. Unless it's been said elsewhere this isn't the case.

okay, it seems there goes the loading screen... It seems to use the characters from the ad.

it looked really stupid, when his legs were crippled and he still walked

what I found ridiculous from the previous demo too, that you can hack the computer or lockpick during the combat. And noone hurts you.

Enclave's armor looks more like Tactics's BoS armor, not Enclave's from F2

And the enemies act like imbeciles. Why does he duck when I'm shooting continiously at him?

I wonder if they only have a limited area to show off. The girl asked him to go up the elevator and he refused.

Just finished watching that "30 mins demo" on ign. It had 12 minutes, NOTHING new except hacking (which doesnt look completely bad, reminded me of Bloodlines only more complex).

At least it was without stupid hosts like on G4TV.

It was a little funny how they were trying to get him to talk about the world and he was all "but, but I have to get through this area in time, I'll just have to kill a few guys while I talk and try to get back to combat".

Pretty much the same demo, except a bit more slower-paced with Todd talking a bit more (and thank god that the hosts were not high on speed).

Todd mentioned something that I felt was positive, in that you can't even attempt to hack certain things if your Science is low. I wonder if that will be the same for me Lockpicking, unlike Oblivion where your own skills could easily override your characters skills. I still think this problem will be in here (I guess that's one purpose of minigames almost) though.

I liked the way the computer screen looked in terms of aesthetics, but yeah... Minigames is teh suck basically. I really liked how Bloodlines presented the hacking, where you still get the interface and all but it's purely skillpoint based.

Other than that, not much of interest. Ragdoll physics when Todd blew himself up were extremely bad, and combat (visually, since he uses an ubercharacter) in general feels extremely non-satisfying despite all the bells and whistles, cinematics and whatnot. I really think the combat looks bad, both as a RPG and FPS.

Also, Todd mentions how people goes off Downtown and gets pwnd by Super Mutants because of the high difficulty in that area etc... Kinda feel like there's gonna be a LOT (and I mean a lot as a lot more than even I expected from Bethesda) of combat in this game which is not particular inspiring.

He refused to go up the elevator because the monument was across town, and he said it'd take too long to get there.

I almost have to say that I would prefer Pete Hines to demo it over Todd...I am starting to get alergic to his voice.

Back