Any games like Fallout?

A lot of games are similar to each other for me. Like Fallout. It all gets boring. I want to play those games that have their own soul. Now it's hard to find a game that will bring you the emotions that were before. I think it's not possible at the moment. But I found LINK REMOVED on the Internet and I found old consoles and consoles that I had in my childhood. It's nostalgia that triggered my emotions.

Dark souls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Souls borne before 1981 can claim fee insurance: Ring Elden Ekiro on 0743 8788 4210.

Caliber Souls half price until 2018 :)

Atom RPG

I'd say Fallout 2 is a lot like Fallout. So much that it's a sequel.

Well, there's always that one game called ATOM RPG. We're inspired by Fallout, Wasteland, and Torment, somewhat. Our setting is the post-nuclear USSR in the year 2005. I'm the lead developer, so I know :)
We're currently on Kickstarter, but a pretty big demo with 8+ hours of gameplay is already available.
It would be awesome if you'd check it out! We're already green lit on Steam, and if our Kickstarter is succesfull, we'll feature the full 48+ hour version on Steam and maybe also GOG in January.

Link to demo:

http://files.theatomgame.com/atom.zip

Dude Atom RPG is fantastic, and I say this not being a huge fan of the older Fallout's turn-based combat. But like those games, everything else just makes it up for me. Terrific stuff.

Wish there were more Fallout-like indies though.

I'd say Fallout 2 is a lot like Fallout. So much that it's a sequel.

Fallout 2 is basically Fallout 1, but the Wild Wasteland trait was included and made a mandatory option that you can't turn off.

I wonder what the pitch for Fallout 2 was.

"So... what if, now hear me out here, what if, we took a bunch of random shit and threw it in a blender and made a Fallout game out of it? I'm talking cowboys and the wild west, mafioso gangsters, stormtroopers, government conspiracies, vaults are a conspiracy too now, the entirety of San Francisco is basically just the movie Big Trouble In Little China, and - and get this: talking. Deathclaws. Awwww yeah Fallout just got a little bit more WaCkY team."

For the OP, if you haven't played it, Fallout 2 is technically more similar to the newer Bethesda and Obsidian games than the first one, but it's a completely different tone. Well, using the singular version of the word 'tone' would be incorrect. It would be more proper to say 'tones', because it feels like the creative team wanted to go into multiple different directions, couldn't decide which and then just said "fuck it, let's go in ALL the directions". Almost every town and faction in the game, especially mid-late game, has some kind of ridiculous over the top theme to it. Reno is basically Godfather-esque Italian mafia, Shi are outlandishly caricaturized Chinese-Americans (specifically Chinatown and Triad culture), et cetera.

Fallout 1 is much more serious, somber, humble, and while it has some bizarre elements or things that lend to it's retro 50's heritage such as 1950's styled energy weapons, Fallout 1 is the much more down to earth and "serious" nuclear apocalyptic game of the two.

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that Fallout 2 having so much wacky bullshit in it is/was what directly opened the door for Bethesda to take the IP in the direction they have...

Last edited:
Fallout 2 is basically Fallout 1, but the Wild Wasteland trait was included and made a mandatory option that you can't turn off.

"So... what if, now hear me out here, what if, we took a bunch of random shit and threw it in a blender and made a Fallout game out of it? I'm talking cowboys and the wild west, mafioso gangsters, stormtroopers, government conspiracies, vaults are a conspiracy too now, the entirety of San Francisco is basically just the movie Big Trouble In Little China, and - and get this: talking. Deathclaws. Awwww yeah Fallout just got a little bit more WaCkY team."

For the OP, if you haven't played it, Fallout 2 is technically more similar to the newer Bethesda and Obsidian games than the first one, but it's a completely different tone. Well, using the singular version of the word 'tone' would be incorrect. It would be more proper to say 'tones', because it feels like the creative team wanted to go into multiple different directions, couldn't decide which and then just said "fuck it, let's go in ALL the directions". Almost every town and faction in the game, especially mid-late game, has some kind of ridiculous over the top theme to it. Reno is basically Godfather-esque Italian mafia, Shi are outlandishly caricaturized Chinese-Americans (specifically Chinatown and Triad culture), et cetera.

Fallout 1 is much more serious, somber, humble, and while it has some bizarre elements or things that lend to it's retro 50's heritage such as 1950's styled energy weapons, Fallout 1 is the much more down to earth and "serious" nuclear apocalyptic game of the two.

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that Fallout 2 having so much wacky bullshit in it is/was what directly opened the door for Bethesda to take the IP in the direction they have...

I wouldn't really think the wacky decisions with Fallout 2 led to the modern themes by Bethesda. Fallout 1 wasn't a full on serious game either, there were some crazier things in that one as well.
It "kinda" makes sense for Fallout 2 to be less bleak than Fallout 1, since the smaller tribes formed larger towns and the world sort of developed. But even then, the humor in that game was for a way more mature audience than the newer ones. Heck, even Fallout 3 was a lot bleaker than Fallout 4.

The contrast between the wacky/comedic and depressing/bleak sides of the franchise have always fascinated me. Its like, is Fallout a comedic game series or a depressing one? After giving it some though I think all games with the exception of 4 let the player decide that for themselves depending on how they play.

That being said, there's a line between having wacky shit like in Fallout 2 in a black humor fashion, and the "family friendly" stunt Bethesda is trying to pull off.

The goofy shit was fine it was all the fourth wall breaks and unfinished locations that were the liquid shits.

Fallout [1] was like that. That's how the series IP setting is supposed to be. Fallout 2 developers messed up though, by putting that stuff in towns—like Gecko, the Den, and Broken Hills. The events should never be provably verifiable as factual; in towns they would be.

I think they knew their setting was boring so they were shaking it up with 2. We know the rest.

Atom is more Fallout than UnderRail is for sure. It's more Fallout than Wasteland 2 or 3.

I just beat it so I would talk about it a lot at this point in time. I did not play it when it came out. I am on the sequel now. Also none of these guys ever talked about the games minus maybe Alphons and Proletarian so I am shilling them hard so more people play good games less Fallout 4. I will likely name drop them some more until I beat the second one.

I just beat it so I would talk about it a lot at this point in time. I did not play it when it came out. I am on the sequel now. Also none of these guys ever talked about the games minus maybe Alphons and Proletarian so I am shilling them hard so more people play good games less Fallout 4. I will likely name drop them some more until I beat the second one.

Fair enough, honesty is the best policy.

The pizzagate skit was funnyish

EYE Divine Cybermancy has fun character building and is weird like fallout but it's quite a bit more jank and has a space-marine kind of thing going on instead of the futurist 1950s atmosphere. It's an FPS.

space-marine

I once wrote a comic type of thing on A4 card . Writing one side, other side acrylic paint cartoons.
Space Cadets had Captain Chongfish as main character. The 2 pupils were Dorkman, a dork brushing up his telepathic skills. Bob (honey hips) Lemonman was a 19 year old 3 year old with many half interests.
Anyway I digress. Encased is half decent, worth a look if you can get it cheap.

Encased is kinda half finished and I feel like it will get more content so I would rather wait.

Encased is kinda half finished and I feel like it will get more content so I would rather wait.

I waited and waited as I thought Encased may be a scam ! It released DLC to earlier finished parts.
It was released ages ago a full version ?

More than likely it will get updates but I've played and finished it. It's not bad to fairly good

I just go off people that played it that said it felt like 1/3 of a game. The first was great, the second felt incomplete. If I had to guess they are describing the W2 syndrome.

IS there anyone here that played Insomnia: Lost Ark? Looks pretty interesting but there isn't much about the game online sadly, I only see commentaries that it is janky and clunky, but that's like all indie rpg titles out there.

OG Fallout is a classic; ahead of it's time. It innovated things that, in hindsight, honestly weren't implemented very well (companions). Play Atom. It's a current, top down view, post apocalyptic game that's very faithful to the Fallout style. Being more than 20 years newer, everything is implemented better. I need to start it again.

Back