Are Fallout Fan Boys Blinded By Nostalgia?

I will respectfully disagree with you Bethesda has made some bad games they've also made good ones yeah fallout is different but you gotta look past that and look at the positives Bethesda is trying to capture Fallout while also allowing new players to the series to get a good grasp of it and we all want Fallout to be more popular right?
If you made something cool, I stole it from you, sued you, used that dirty money to sue other people and someone said "Hey man, that guy that stole your shit makes some pretty gud games" You would probably think he was an idiot. They are good at stealing and suing people. Make sure you don't make a game with the word Scroll in it, or Elder. Also.

If you made something cool, I stole it from you, sued you, used that dirty money to sue other people and someone said "Hey man, that guy that stole your shit makes some pretty gud games" You would probably think he was an idiot. They are good at stealing and suing people. Make sure you don't make a game with the word Scroll in it, or Elder. Also.

While it will not get rid of the fact Bethesda bought it before the original owners did, I should point out Bethesda is guilty of receiving stolen property in that deal rather than stealing it themselves. Interplay is the villain of the Fallout theft and had already driven the IP into the ground.

Mind you, their treatment of Obsidian was bullshit.

Mostly true for Planescape Torment.
But for Fallout 1-2-T (mostly 2) the good is seriously good,and highly outweight the bad.

Oh look, another one of those 'it's their opinion' argument. Except, do you know that even an opinion can be....... really fucking retarded??!!!1111!!!!

Yeah, even I can't believe it. Now I have to properly research the topic I'm gonna discuss and have arguments, and not just come up to it in my head.

So its your opinion that its really fucking retarded and he only thing that anyone's gained from this is you yelling on a musty forum

While it will not get rid of the fact Bethesda bought it before the original owners did, I should point out Bethesda is guilty of receiving stolen property in that deal rather than stealing it themselves. Interplay is the villain of the Fallout theft and had already driven the IP into the ground.

Mind you, their treatment of Obsidian was bullshit.
You do realize that Bethesda is not a saint and has been using a dirty tactic to acquire/shut down smaller studios and/or sell games made by those studios without sharing the profits for decades now.

They hire the smaller studio to make some game using their Bethesda Softworks as the publisher for the game, make up contracts that bind the smaller studio to what appears to be reasonable clauses (stuff like, you have to have completed this amount of quality work in this time) then they send someone to the smaller studio to check on the progress, then they start saying it is not quality work (because that was never specified in the contract), then they push the smaller game studio to redo it, they do that a few times and the studio can't finish the game in time (or it it does Bethesda sells the game, doesn't pay the smaller studio and still sues the smaller studio because it broke the quality and time clauses), Bethesda put the studio in the courts and sue the studio, smaller studios can't deal with the court fees because they weren't getting paid the money Bethesda owed them (because Bethesda said the work is not of acceptable quality, so no payment), Bethesda sues the hell out of the studio and the studio has no chance, Bethesda usually acquires the studio and/or the IP, Bethesda shuts down the studio and gets all the IPs and can sell the games that studio made for them without sharing the profits. Bethesda wins.
This is well known.
For example there is the Human Head Studios case with Prey 2, there is the Headfirst Productions case where Bethesda didn't pay them what they owed and the studio had to close, how they screwed MADia with the Echelon game, how they acquired Arkane Studio, etc.

I hate to say it but from my perspective it looks a lot like Bethesda is adopting EA's business model.

I hate to say it but from my perspective it looks a lot like Bethesda is adopting EA's business model.
Adopting? They have been doing that since they got acquired by Zenimax (which is not really true, the founders of Bethesda also founded Zenimax to begin with). That MADia thing with the Echelon game happened in 2000, so 17 years ago.
So they are not adopting, they have been doing it for almost 20 years, and who knows of all the cases that don't come to light.
I have the feeling that Bethesda forces the people from the studios they acquire/destroy to sign a non-disclusure clause in their court cases so they keep their mouths shut or be sued for all they have and even more.

They have been rotten for longer than some people on this forum have been alive :lmao:.

I had never played Fallout 1 ever before in my life, but after playing it and seeing all the freedom and ways to solve shit was amazing and mind-blowing to me. I don't get how you can be nostalgic for something you've never done.

Amusingly, COD: Ghosts and COD: Advanced Warfare are some of the few negative reviews I've given.

But yes, 8/10 is a decent solid game I devoted time to playing.

6/10 is "barely worth playing"

10/10 is a great game.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim were great games.

Fallout 4? Not so much.
10/10 is a perfect game. Even New Vegas, my favorite game ever, doesn't deserve a 10/10.

6/10 is above average, 5/10 is below average (the average of 1-10 is 5.5.)

Looks like most of the people saying 10/10 is perfect also say they wouldn't rate any games they've played that high.
What's the point of not using one of the values on the scale? Isn't that an inherently stupid scale, if you can't even imagine a game ever placing on one of the values?
What's the equivalent for 1/10? A "game" that's just a program that does nothing but print out "Press any key to quit"? Or one that does nothing but eat RAM while it's running, eventually killing your machine or forcing a CTD?

10/10 is a perfect game. Even New Vegas, my favorite game ever, doesn't deserve a 10/10.

6/10 is above average, 5/10 is below average (the average of 1-10 is 5.5.)

You realize *I* determine what qualifies as a 10 out of 10 because *I* am the reviewer right?

:)

Looks like most of the people saying 10/10 is perfect also say they wouldn't rate any games they've played that high.
What's the point of not using one of the values on the scale? Isn't that an inherently stupid scale, if you can't even imagine a game ever placing on one of the values?
What's the equivalent for 1/10? A "game" that's just a program that does nothing but print out "Press any key to quit"? Or one that does nothing but eat RAM while it's running, eventually killing your machine or forcing a CTD?

10 out of 10 is the hypothetical 'ideal', its like a 10/10 movie, never will exist, but in theory it does.

10 out of 10 is the hypothetical 'ideal', its like a 10/10 movie, never will exist, but in theory it does.
Again, so why does your scale have values that are never used? The scale is just an arbitrary value range that you have chosen anyway.
Does there exist a game or movie you would give 99/100? How about 999/1000? etc.
Why did you land on this value range and then decide that one of the ten values should be forbidden from ever being used?
If you used a 6 star system, would 6 out of 6 also be the 'perfect' movie and never given to anything? How about 9 out of 9?
On a 5 out of 5 scale, the values are very naturally divided into
1 - Terrible
2 - Bad
3 - Mediocre
4 - Good
5 - Great
Or would you also in this case say that 5/5 is 'perfect' and not attainable? And if not, can you tell me at exactly what fraction it is unacceptable to give the maximum value?

Again, so why does your scale have values that are never used? The scale is just an arbitrary value range that you have chosen anyway.
Does there exist a game or movie you would give 99/100? How about 999/1000? etc.
Why did you land on this value range and then decide that one of the ten values should be forbidden from ever being used?
If you used a 6 star system, would 6 out of 6 also be the 'perfect' movie and never given to anything? How about 9 out of 9?
On a 5 out of 5 scale, the values are very naturally divided into
1 - Terrible
2 - Bad
3 - Mediocre
4 - Good
5 - Great
Or would you also in this case say that 5/5 is 'perfect' and not attainable? And if not, can you tell me at exactly what fraction it is unacceptable to give the maximum value?

What is a game rating? How good it is, yes?

What is 100% good?

Perfect.

Is anything perfect?

No.

Thus, a number scoring system will never use its highest number.

What is a game rating? How good it is, yes?

What is 100% good?

Perfect.

Is anything perfect?

No.

Thus, a number scoring system will never use its highest number.
So if you used a binary scoring system of thumbs down and thumbs up, nothing would ever get a thumbs up because technically that's 2 out of 2 and thus perfect?

So if you used a binary scoring system of thumbs down and thumbs up, nothing would ever get a thumbs up because technically that's 2 out of 2 and thus perfect?

Technically from a number standpoint, yes, that would not be allowed, you'd have to put up .9 thumbs up, displayed by chopping off some of your thumb, or having it at an angle.

But thumbs aren't numbers, they're objects.

Technically from a number standpoint, yes, that would not be allowed, you'd have to put up .9 thumbs up, displayed by chopping off some of your thumb, or having it at an angle.

But thumbs aren't numbers, they're objects.
So if there's no possible rating system where giving the top grade is acceptable, why should that grade even be a part of the system in the first place?
They're just arbitrary values that you decide how to assign.

Back