Are you a "storyfag"?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Kohno, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    I can play either gameplay focused games like 3d platformers or story driven games like Dwarf Fortress and the first Walking Dead game. The best games incorporate both. New Vegas managed to take what was an accepetable at best gameplay from F3 and make it something I still love today despite the aiming issues. I love it for both.

Holistic game design! :-o

2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Not Gollum Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    It has more to do with Bethesda's game engine creating good sandbox design for autists to mod all these years later. If New Vegas was unmoddable nobody would give a flying fart fuck.

3. eissa

eissa Artanis "Altáriel" Nerwen Nos Finwe

Jan 7, 2016
    Funny enough, I played Fallout New Vegas because of Fallout 3. In turn I discovered Fallout 3 because of a gaming magazine convince me this is fps life simulator like no other, back when mainstream gaming was dominated by CoD.

4. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars.

Jan 23, 2022
    I once went on a guilt trip and stopped playing FPS like MoH in respect for all the war dead. RIP. Then I missed killing so I played Serious Sam, Postal2. Half Life2. I felt no guilt whatsoever killing mutated humanoids that were not perfect specimens like me.