Baldurs Gate 3

Dragula once went off on me over KCD. I think he has lingering anger issues due to all the Dragula music.

BG3 really does look good but I really have OCD and it really says I have to wait to play the game or when I do play it I will be bothered the entire time wondering what I will be missing because I will likely never replay the game again.

Plus Larian making it kinda means this is just Divinity. That is not the worse thing in the world I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
It made me look again for the song. Thx.
CriminalMintyGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Plus Larian making it kinda means this is just Divinity. That is not the worse thing in the world I guess.
It is, if you're looking for a true (what ever that means) Baldurs Gate experience - which it most likely will not satisfy due to it being a Larian game. Not that I mind since I liked Divine Divinity 2. And if it offers the same quality as that, that's good enough for for me.
I guess I should get my self some Pathfinder at some point. They say it's similar to BG.

It made me look again for the song. Thx.
CriminalMintyGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif

It is, if you're looking for a true (what ever that means) Baldurs Gate experience - which it most likely will not satisfy due to it being a Larian game. Not that I mind since I liked Divine Divinity 2. And if it offers the same quality as that, that's good enough for for me.
I guess I should get my self some Pathfinder at some point. They say it's similar to BG.
Pathfinder is for sure a game people should play.

More buffing than a shoeshine boy.

I hate buffing.

For someone with nordic genes you have a very strange fixation with the Balkans, Draganula.
I don't think you fully comprehend how many people from former Yugoslavia we have in Scandinavia. I probably know more Croats, Bosnians and Serbs than you do tbh.

This game scratched an itch for me that hasn't been scratched in a long, long time. I just finished the main story and I'm already planning to start all over again to see what I missed. This is a proper RPG, which is insane to me as I thought the days of good turn-based RPGs on this level of detail and care was a lost art. Just wow.

After finishing Baldur’s Gate 3, I’m back on my Fallout cope imaging a world where Larian got to work on a Fallout title if given permission by Microsoft. Obviously there’s always the giant glaring issue of Bethesda’s “lore” existing, but if Larian got the chance to do a Fallout title whether it be on the West or East coast, or shit maybe even middle America for the first time, I think they’d do a fantastic job.
Since Baldur’s Gate is a D&D game they use dice roll mechanics for everything from combat to skill checks, so they’d have to tweak it to rely more on your characters skills and SPECIAL, but I think all that technical stuff aside, their engine would be fantastic for a Fallout game. From my understanding, they went above and beyond to:

-Ensure player agency with meaningful choice and consequence, create paths for every type of playstyle and even races to a degree when it fit the situation
-Be respectful to not only the lore of Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2, but also D&D 5e lore as a whole taking even the tiniest bits of lore into account
-Make every companion a living breathing character with their own flaws and resolutions (they’re even starting to implement companion epilogues post-launch via patches which admittedly should’ve been there from the start, but better late than never)
-There’s quests and events in the world that don’t revolve around you, if you mess up a crucial skill check you could actually die or be gravely injured or if you ignore a quest where an NPC is in imminent danger for too long you can come back to find the consequences of your inaction
-Enemy AI actually function properly depending on their class or race (specters will attack you and then retreat back into the shadows as to not be seen, archers will find cover and peak out to hit you then retreat back to cover, fighters will use the environment around you when necessary or even run to get backup if they’re outnumbered)
-You can kill everyone you see, no essential NPC bullshit that locks you from being a mass murderer should you chose to be

I could go on and gush more about this game, but this covers the main things I’ve noticed. Seriously I fucking love this game. It’s absolutely insane to me how well crafted a turn based RPG in 2023 turned out to be. It’s crazy to me that all people talk about with this game is the horny shit when this is a masterpiece of an RPG the likes we haven’t seen in a long time. In this day and age a game like this is like finding a unicorn.

Last edited:
Why would Larian have to use D+D mechanics ? If almighty microsoft wanted a more modern, non FPS, retro fallout, I am sure Larian would be able to implement SPECIAL. Newer games such as ATOM/Trudograd, encased and others have improved ' playing areas '. If the 'sprites' were loosened up to kneel, go prone, climb, swim and make android replicas of Marylin Monroe that would be cool.
The androids would lure the smooth talkers then explode, so as to be non gender specific and right on LGBTQ acceptable a Trans Fish droid could be made if enough points in sub Science categories and explosives ;p

I wish some of the new fallout-inspired games would give more attention for interactivity with the world that Divinity and Baldur's Gate 3 have. Original games let you use your skills on everything, even if it was useless most of the time (mods are much better in that regard), so I think that level of interaction with the world is a natural progression of this mechanic which also inspire creativity and immersion. Sadly, most of the time devs just use dialogue window, but I guess that becuase they don't have Larian resources to pull that off.

Back