Your Local Scrub
apq1BnB_460s_v1.jpg

Lol, this is great. "50 you retards".

For those of you who don't know, its 98

Attachments

• apq1BnB_460s_v1.jpg
    apq1BnB_460s_v1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 325
Awwwww, omg, good thing you included a spoiler tag on that spoiler!

It reminds me of a "funniest videos" clip of a woman arguing against her bf, wether or not it takes one hour to traverse 100 kilometres, if travelling a straight line at 100 kmph.
(she wasn't able to interpret "per hour" in a litteral manner, and completely missed that point, again and again)

Last edited:
I have met people in the GODDAMN UNIVERSITY that still fall for the "what is heavier, a Kilo of feathers or a kilo of rocks".

I have met people in the GODDAMN UNIVERSITY that still fall for the "what is heavier, a Kilo of feathers or a kilo of rocks".

It's a trick question, right? RIGHT!? It's the feathers!
1 000 grammes of feathers is higher in numeric metric mass, than 1 000 grammes of rocks!
BOOYAH!

And that's why people who proudly proclaim that they're 'bad at math' get nothing but a punch in the throat from me.

And that's why people who proudly proclaim that they're 'bad at math' get nothing but a punch in the throat from me.

I'm not particularly good at math, but I don't proudly state it.
Wanna cuddle?

As for "1kg feather, 1kg rocks"...what is a more effective killing tool?

As for "1kg feather, 1kg rocks"...what is a more effective killing tool?

You invented a new (and much easyer game), what is better at levelling cities? 100 75MT nuclear warheads, or 100 75gramme avocados? This game requires no genius level intellect to solve!

As for math, I sucked ass at math in school.
In fact, I sucked so hard, on my first math-class in college, I asked for help, and instead of an answer, I was told outright that perhaps this class was not for me.
I swapped to what we refered to as "the dummy class", where none of us ever got much better at math, especially cus we had a Danish math teacher. To those who don't know, Norwegians and Swedes are supposedly interlingible with Danes, but only in theory -.-

Since then, at my own pace, I have come to realize the simple logic of math. Although I have missed out on a lot... of the vocabulary and as good as all methods and formulae, I understand math "in my head". Which is better than nothing, I hope :D

I was good at math, but I found it kind of boring, Algebra Calculus they just put me right to sleep. If I saw more advanced mathematics I would probably get a combination of overwhelmed and sleepy.

I suck at math, too. Didn't stop me from trying my best and studying physics :D

I sometimes find myself amateuring around with Excel, when trying to find a solution to a mathematical problem :D I will do elaborate little setups, that are very likely 10 times as time-wasting and complicated than what a proper formula would be - but I get there in the end :D

I love math. I usually disslike the teachers.

I usually dislike the math books.

Throughout my "math years" in school, I was never really bad at maths - I understood the principles and the logic behind it, even though it often felt very...dry. It was also fun, sometimes, especially geometry.
However, every schoolbook I've ever learned from was so poorly written that even my teachers had problems deciphering them.
The teachers, however, were, surprisingly, often very good at their jobs, but the school system was so idiotically organized that I/we had little or no reason to ever actually learn math past elementary school.
I don't remember a single math test in my high school where I didn't cheat and get a good grade (except maybe the first few tests).

I can only talk about math in our schools of course, so dont forget that. But What I realized is, that math teachers here do a huge mistake. They teach you a wrong way of thinking. Understanding the principles is not even that hard, we are still talking here about "normal" math, you have formulas and the procedure is very often the same. Like curve sketching. But for me, the problem is, that you require a different approach when you get a test or exam compared to how the teacher is teaching you math. If that makes any sense for you. I have a hard time to explain it right now. To give you one example, they explain you something, giving you a formula and how to use it, but in the exam you are required to decipher the math problem they give you, its like they speak in the exams a completely different language, hence why even people in our class that have a very good understanding of math, have a problem in exams, and it seems this is not only a problem in our class but a problem in general.

I think one source for that is, in our class for example, that we only spend 2 hours for math every week, while it should be actually 4 or even 6. 2 hours (aka 45 min per hour) is really like nothing ... thats barely enough to explain the stuff. But not enough time to actually practise. And you cant do all the practise at home.

This is because there is a socialy indused stereotype of math, so everyone who missed out on it in highschool are affraid of it. And this is true of me, as i thought math was complicated formulas and shit that didn't have anything to do with me, no teacher ever told me that math is not only dry formulas, but pattern recognition and logic, that the word "math" is not really important here, as math is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. So i would often trip on basic logic too and now that i want to learn sound synthesis and a bit of programming (other things too) i learned that i really need those math skills, so now i am step by step climbing the math ladder from the bottom. And knowing all that, i am still often affraid to open up the math book, as the fear was ingraved, lol, almost into my soul.

yeah, its incredible how little math books have acatually to do with math really, they show you something that you have to solve. It would be better if the teachers and books actually teached something "about" math, you know WHY people have actually come up with certain formulas. Not only is it stupid to just "learn" something without ever knowing why, but it is also not very fair for the people that had a real influence on the world, quite huge even. Like Euler or Carl Friedrich Gauss. Those guys have been a true geniuses. We should not turn math in to history lessons. But if you know, that Gauss came up with some formulas to solve a certain problem, then it really helps you to understand math better.

The problem is that the actual math is very, very abstract and has very little to do with formulas for specific problems. Math is always general and formulated in the most general sense possible. In order to understand any of that you need to approach it in a completely different way. And 99% of what you learn there is completely useless.

we all know there is a follow-up question.

"in a vacuum?"

if not in a vacuum, then the answer would be feathers as they would have the same mass, but due to their lighter density would also include a larger amount of air than the rocks.

if in a vacuum, then they are equal.

unless you also want to add biological breakdown rates, radioactive rates, gravity, etc into the mix you would get much more complex answers.

Back