best gun?

The holorifle is a great choice for the average energy weapons build, tough it needs ALL of the upgrades (more damage, less spread and... condition?). The night vision scope, the "poison" per shot and the unique looks of it make it interestig too. Sadly, the 4 shot clip is pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal favorites are the Q-35 Matter Modulator and the Plasma Defender. The former due to its reliability and damage and the latter because of Fallout 1.

LMG, Medicine Stick, Paciencia, CZ57 Avenger, Thump Thump, Mercy, Annabelle. All with the appropriate rounds and perks.

The Survivalist rifle is a good rifle. It has good damage, decent rate of fire. It is not the best looking rifle and the iron sights takes some getting used to.

I usually play with Energy Weapons but I tried Unarmed and I really like the Superheated Saturnite Power Fist. It's pretty much unstoppable with Super Slam perk.

For Melee the various Proton Axes are really fun also.

Anti-material rifle and explosive ammo. Deathclaws? What deathclaws? Why get up close and personal when you can take anything out from a nice cozy nest?

For weaker foes or close quarters, I am currently really enjoying my fully modded-out Plasma Defender. And the mod I'm playing gives me an awesone Tesla Cannon, which has a lousy rate of fire but an overkill factor of whoa. I mean, it shoots lightning. LIGHTNING!

This Machine will always be the coolest weapon in New Vegas. M1 Garands just ooze badass.

Couple it with Red Glare and Old Glory for maximum patriotism.

Dunno if it's the best gun but it was immensely satisfying shooting at deathclaws with the anti-material rifle with explosive rounds.

Old glory with a crit build is amazing, I oneshooted Lanius with it.

That gun is best for 5.56 ammo, even without crit build. Cheap and easy to use.

I love unique variant of recharger pistol it tears through most enemies.

Long range holorifle or paciencia. Who needs explosive rounds when you can oneshoot a deathclaw with a sneak attack critical. Christine's COS is amazing too.

Melee blade of the west is great followed by knock knock.

Unarmed industrial hand nuff said.

The rest is preference I guess.

I've actually done the math in terms of weapons on the Fallout Wikia in the late stages, and have found out that the Industrial Hand is the absolutely most fucking broken weapon in NV. You may think "Bullshit, Zerg!", but it's true, mostly because of how the critical system works for Automatic Melee/Unarmed weapons, in which it checks for criticals 30 times a second, and with the weapon hitting 3.2 times a second, a Critical build makes this fucking bonkers. It turns the weapon into a literal "God Hand" in which anything in front of you insta-gibs by the insane DPS you're crapping out, even DEATHCLAWS explode upon getting touched by it, at worst surviving for a second before gibbing out.

In terms of Guns, Big Boomer drops out the most potential Damage in the entire game for firearms, yes even the AMR.

Back