Best trailer of E3 is Outer Worlds 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by maximaz, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    I will give Obsidian credit where it's due. Outer Worlds 1 wasn't a bad game. However, it had issues. Limited weapon selection, pure dt system, bullet sponge enemies on higher levels.

As for 2? I will do the same thing as with other games. Wait for full release and then see what I think. There is no point getting angry or excited for a game. It's just a game after all. Plenty of things are available in the market or might be coming out soon.

Still, I will give them benefit of the doubt. However, never preorder!

2. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    That is the most fallout looking thing I've ever seen. Tons of other games have "tried to be Fallout" but never committed but that one right there? Man it nailed the aesthetics for Fallout perfectly. If it comes out and is good with its writing and actual RPG mechanics then in my personal headcanon Fallout is going multiverse and this is an alternate universe kinda thing. The guy making it, is he a part of Microsoft? Cause I mean... He could make a Fallout game then, right?

3. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    I have a really hard time getting excited for this since not only do I feel that it's a bit too soon to announce a sequel yet, but I felt TOW was pretty average all things considered. It was a fine game, but I get Fallout 4 vibes from it in terms of gameplay and sometimes the writing.

While I'll never play it, I found the announcement of The Pitt in 76 to be more interesting if only because I enjoyed The Pitt as a location in Fallout 3, so getting to see more of it is welcome. It won't have as good writing obviously, the writing will probably be shit, but the location itself grabs my attention more than TOW2 can.

4. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    I'm excited about this. MURDER ON ERIANDOS showed the game franchise could great.

The problem of the Outer Worlds was that it couldn't land on a consistent tone and the budget restrictions were REALLY tight. If you hadn't played Murder on Eriandos, it's the best of the game as it manages to make the corporations menacing yet believably ridiculous as well as has a goofy yet not Futurama-esque plot. If the entire game had been like this then it would have been much better received.

5. Morgan_

Morgan_ The Fool

Jul 3, 2020
    I kinda feel like some vehicle sections would be good for the game? maybe not, I'd like a mako type thing going on, or underwater sections next time. Fix the issue with never feeling like you've travelled to another planet as opposed to a hundred miles or so. Maybe that was just a me issue? Gameplay needs an improvement, but doesn't need to be a cod level shooter either. Level design just wasn't that good for me. just didn't scratch the itch, but was close.

6. NoGodsNoMasters

NoGodsNoMasters First time out of the vault

Jun 14, 2021
    The first one fell a bit flat for me, but the story was not bad and it showed potential. This one could be better. I hope

7. ironmask

ironmask Mildly Dipped

Mar 10, 2018
    That image was most likely made in photoshop. I bet there are no real assests yet. That image was really dickish. It's as bad as the Outer Worlds 2 teaser. No real gameplay. Just get peoples hopes up then crush it.

Anyways about Outer Worlds 2. Don't care for it. When I heard rumors that obsidien was making a Fallout successor; I remember being really excited, especially with those teasers they made. Then I was dissapointed as fuck when the trailer was shown at the game awards. I wanted Fallout but what I got was bordorlands instead. With twice the tumblr users and cringey high-school humor. Seems like OW2 will be more of the same. Maybe it's my fault for getting my hopes too high.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  8. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Do you think TOW's main issue had to do with creativity or lack of resources (time, budget, workforce)? Because I'm thinking M$ will take care of the second part for the sequel.

9. Jogre

Jogre So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 25, 2015
    Probably the former

Creative Sci Fi can be done on a small budget (Think about how many Star Trek aliens are straight up just people in masks, and how many episodes take place entirely on one set)