Bethesda Fought the Lore

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Negativity, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ironmask

ironmask A Smooth-Skin

Mar 10, 2018
    I really wonder how people can be fans of old and new fallout games.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. KingArthur

KingArthur You Have Alerted the Horse [REDACTED]

Jun 25, 2018
    I would suppose it’d be because they didn’t have the connection to the old games. I appreciate the modern Fallouts and Fallout 1 and 2 in different ways. But I can appreciate them all (except for 4 and PoS).

For a lot of people on this site, Fallout classic as we’ll call it and its meticulously researched lore were what they started with; so they feel a greater connection to the older games not only because they’re arguably objectively better, but because you never forget your first Fallout.

For people like me, whose first was 3 and favorite is NV, that same sentimental feeling comes into play with the newer games, even if Beth fucking ruined the lore and punishing gameplay.

3. Beardy Unixer

Beardy Unixer First time out of the vault

Apr 24, 2018
    I like Bram Stoker and Mary Shelly, but I also like Peter Cushing. It's way easier to do if you're invested in the ripoff before you're invested in the original.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Negativity

Negativity Take a dirt nap

Oct 19, 2017
    I feel like they'll find a way around it. Maybe they'll say use the nuke that hit the white house and say that's why that area is so destroyed.