Bethesda to be at E3

Crni Vuk said:
I hope they dont take the wrong lessons from them though like ... showing and praising content that you never see that way in the finished game *cough*radiant AI *cough*
The sad thing is that I don't even know if that ever came back to bite Beth in the ass. In fact, I don't know if Molyneux's antics have caught up with him. It's become pretty popular to rag on him, but his Fable games still sell more than they have any right to.

But yeah, I'm talking about only showing stuff that looks good rather than showing stuff that is too good to be true. I remember AP's first "stealth" playthrough from E3 last year was particularly bad.

Bofast said:
big brother said:
Now I wonder if it will be Natal compatible on 360?

I doubt it. Natal is unlikely to take off for real, at least anytime soon and with the 360's current userbase. I expect some 1st party stuff using it, but not much else.
Agreed. Look at what the Wii-mote is used for in games; a lot use it just as a controller, a fair amount motion sensing (as an extra "button"), a few use the IR camera for something other than a menu clicker, an even smaller number use both, and a minimal amount actually use it primarily for the motion sensing capabilities, which are pretty horrible without Wiimotion Plus (which makes it quite good). The problem is that it's a niche thing that is most often used as a gimmick and most games don't/won't use such crap because it adds nothing to the game.

Dionysus said:
Crni Vuk said:
I hope they dont take the wrong lessons from them though like ... showing and praising content that you never see that way in the finished game *cough*radiant AI *cough*
The sad thing is that I don't even know if that ever came back to bite Beth in the ass. In fact, I don't know if Molyneux's antics have caught up with him. It's become pretty popular to rag on him, but his Fable games still sell more than they have any right to.

But yeah, I'm talking about only showing stuff that looks good rather than showing stuff that is too good to be true. I remember AP's first "stealth" playthrough from E3 last year was particularly bad.
Oblivion sold 3 Million copies on all platforms? So I dont know if it really has bite them. Probably Bethesda realised their mistake though I think at least they did, I mean compare Fallout 3 marketing with Oblivion and you can see a lot of differences. First they usualy have used more Pictures and Videos with interviews for promotion instead of "demos" like on the E3 with showing features that didnt made it in the game.

Its hard to get deeper in it. You never can be sure if Todd simply lied knowing the features he was talking about would never make it in the game or if they really had to remove most of it from the game since they either had not the time work on it or simply didnt had the skill to do it (which I believe is more or less the truth or we would see awesome AI in Fallout 3 which we havnt).

Crni Vuk said:
Its hard to get deeper in it. You never can be sure if Todd simply lied knowing the features he was talking about would never make it in the game or if they really had to remove most of it from the game since they either had not the time work on it or simply didnt had the skill to do it (which I believe is more or less the truth or we would see awesome AI in Fallout 3 which we havnt).
I think that it was pretty clearly scripted given how Todd seemed to know what she was going to do while claiming that her behavior is dynamic. Aside from learning their lesson or not, they couldn't do it again for Fallout 3 partly because he couldn't do it on AI again or it would have made it clear that they were lying and VATS was really about the only other thing to do it with (other than making up survival stuff), and that would have been too much work.

Im starting to think that Todd Howard is the prototype for Radiant AI and after seeing the results they decided to scrap the project...

Myron Rolle said:
Obsidian is not listed but is likely showing off New Vegas at Bethesda's booth, as their presence has already been personally confirmed to me.
So it won't behind closed doors? I mean do we get to see some gameplay footage?

UncannyGarlic said:
Crni Vuk said:
I think that it was pretty clearly scripted given how Todd seemed to know what she was going to do while claiming that her behavior is dynamic. Aside from learning their lesson or not, they couldn't do it again for Fallout 3 partly because he couldn't do it on AI again or it would have made it clear that they were lying and VATS was really about the only other thing to do it with (other than making up survival stuff), and that would have been too much work.
I really wish Todd and his cohones would be as skilled in making RPGs like the company is in marketing.

Back