Black Isle Studios crowdfunding PV13

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Well, the name BIS and the bizarreness of this situation gets them a lot of press coverage, while "yet another Kickstarter from an individual developer that I don't really remember" doesn't turn the head of the young gaming journos. Labels are sometimes more powerful than the people behind those labels, for the less-informed gaming journalists.

Even so, I don't know what any of these guys are thinking riding this sinking ship. Maybe Herve is just that charming?

2. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    I hope they succeed & there comes a good game out of this. But due to how this is handled, I will not be contributing at this point.

3. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Also, I have to admit I chuckled at the "I can say 'fuck' but I can't say '<bleep>'?" part. :P

4. Paul_cz

Paul_cz Mildly Dipped

Jun 11, 2008
    Mindbogglingly bizzare.
    Caen must be holding their families hostage or something. Otherwise I cannot see how they could agree to something like this.

:shock:

5. agent_c

agent_c First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2003
    Eric Caen (number 6 on the heros board last I checked) should have put his $75 into Interplay shares instead.... At least then he'd have 7500 actual somethings...

When does the Superman 64 2 kickstart-kickstarter start?

6. Akachi

Akachi First time out of the vault

Jul 29, 2010
    This is such an obvious money grab from start to finish. Using the name of ProjectV13 (even if it has nothing to do with Fallout and the now dead MMO), "resurrecting" Black Isle (or rather reanimating the dead, necromancy style), no refunds and NO obligation to provide the actual game.

As Brother None stated, $2023 is $2023 too much. Herve needs some new parts for his yacht/boat I guess.

7. Dr. Combat Shotgun

Dr. Combat Shotgun First time out of the vault

Aug 19, 2010
    Complete ripoff. We already have wasteland 2, obsidians project infinity, shadowrun, age of decadence... we should be fine with these promising rpgs, wonder why they even try with this given how shallow their idea seems to be, even basic gameplay elements not even mentioned etc...

8. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    This is a con. End of. Brian Fargo must be shaking his head at the blatent attempt to use his wave and surf to gaming sellage glory. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A SURFBOARD.

EDIT: Yup he was.

Brian Fargo‏@BrianFargo

Black Isle needs a Kickstarter to Kickstart a Kickstart http://www.destructoid.com/black-isle-needs-a-kickstarter-to-kickstart-a-kickstart-240960.phtml …Sad

DeyceK‏@DeyceK

@BrianFargo What are your feelings about this, Brian? Undoubtedly it's an awkward move...

7hBrian Fargo‏@BrianFargo

@DeyceK awkward would be an understatement.

9. Grimhound

Grimhound Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 22, 2008
  10. plaidchuck

plaidchuck It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 4, 2012
    Would have loved a fallout mmorpg if done right, but this? no thanks.

11. mobucks

mobucks literally Orderite

May 22, 2010
    I chipped in 100 can't wait to play this!

12. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Knight Rider oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005

Can you chip in 100 to me? Thanks in advance. :wink:

13. Grimhound

Grimhound Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 22, 2008
    I'm curious how this will all play out. Maybe Herve can hire on the team that made The WarZ and they can make the ultimate flipper baby.

14. agent_c

agent_c First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2003
    You realise you've gotten as much game now as thta $100 is ever going to get you... Even if the campaign is successful they'll be hitting you up for even more cash to take the "prototype" to product stage.

15. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    omg you guys an update!!

Well, now I'm totally convinced :salute:

16. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Translation: GUYS, SERIOUSLY, GUYS, GUYS, GUYS, SERIOUSLY, GUYS, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY.

Hey.

So like, yeah.

Seriously.

17. mobucks

May 22, 2010
    Thats worth easily another hundred.

[spoiler:f5755a19c3] OFC I did not really donate shit. And If I had it I would donate to Toront fund of moving forward 10 times before this joke of a campaign [/spoiler:f5755a19c3]

18. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Geez, Herve! That's a kindergarten level of manipulation, man! :lol:

19. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    From their facebook page

I think they may be losing it...

20. mobucks

May 22, 2010
    OWOWO This is better than anything on TV.