Black Isle Studios crowdfunding PV13

deadlus said:
None of them thought how this would turn out if they formed their own studio instead? My piggy bank'd get smashed to bits with a sledgehammer on blind faith only, but when Herve's involved... yeah. One impressive shit stain on otherwise shining names, it will probably drag behind them for a good while.

Well, the name BIS and the bizarreness of this situation gets them a lot of press coverage, while "yet another Kickstarter from an individual developer that I don't really remember" doesn't turn the head of the young gaming journos. Labels are sometimes more powerful than the people behind those labels, for the less-informed gaming journalists.

Even so, I don't know what any of these guys are thinking riding this sinking ship. Maybe Herve is just that charming?

I hope they succeed & there comes a good game out of this. But due to how this is handled, I will not be contributing at this point.

Mindbogglingly bizzare.
Caen must be holding their families hostage or something. Otherwise I cannot see how they could agree to something like this.

:shock:

Eric Caen (number 6 on the heros board last I checked) should have put his $75 into Interplay shares instead.... At least then he'd have 7500 actual somethings...

When does the Superman 64 2 kickstart-kickstarter start?

This is such an obvious money grab from start to finish. Using the name of ProjectV13 (even if it has nothing to do with Fallout and the now dead MMO), "resurrecting" Black Isle (or rather reanimating the dead, necromancy style), no refunds and NO obligation to provide the actual game.

As Brother None stated, $2023 is $2023 too much. Herve needs some new parts for his yacht/boat I guess.

Complete ripoff. We already have wasteland 2, obsidians project infinity, shadowrun, age of decadence... we should be fine with these promising rpgs, wonder why they even try with this given how shallow their idea seems to be, even basic gameplay elements not even mentioned etc...

This is a con. End of. Brian Fargo must be shaking his head at the blatent attempt to use his wave and surf to gaming sellage glory. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A SURFBOARD.

EDIT: Yup he was.

Brian Fargo‏@BrianFargo

Black Isle needs a Kickstarter to Kickstart a Kickstart http://www.destructoid.com/black-isle-needs-a-kickstarter-to-kickstart-a-kickstart-240960.phtml …Sad

DeyceK‏@DeyceK

@BrianFargo What are your feelings about this, Brian? Undoubtedly it's an awkward move...

7hBrian Fargo‏@BrianFargo

@DeyceK awkward would be an understatement.

Just caught wind of all this over on Reddit's /r/gamernews. Someone made a thread titled "Fallout Creator Black Isle Studios Is Back". Had to nip that in the bud right quick.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamernews/comments/1573bx/since_the_other_post_is_going_to_get_blindly/

Hahaha. Then someone posted this.

he1pB.png

I'm curious how this will all play out. Maybe Herve can hire on the team that made The WarZ and they can make the ultimate flipper baby.

mobucks said:
I chipped in 100 can't wait to play this!
You realise you've gotten as much game now as thta $100 is ever going to get you... Even if the campaign is successful they'll be hitting you up for even more cash to take the "prototype" to product stage.

omg you guys an update!!

Update #1
Not all of our updates will be of a serious nature. But this one is. The difference should be obvious, but
in this case, we wanted to make certain people understood.
This is a real effort at creating a game. We wanted to be playful in our approach. We're making games
and that should be fun, both for us and for the fans involved. Game creation shouldn't revolve around
negativity.
We also want fan involvement. Positive involvement. That's important to us, to the project. We want
the final game to be something different, something entertaining. We want feedback on the game ideas.
We're combining the call for fan involvement with a funding request. There's no illusion here that we're
going to build more than a prototype with this level of funding. The final game will require more. But
this initial funding method does two things. For one, it gives us an idea of who's actually interested
in a new post apocalyptic game - noted by their donation. This method, creating a private forum for
those truly interested, also allows us to focus on those people. To hear their voices as opposed to the
naysayers.
We understand there's negative PR involved because of the past. People are free to make any
comments they want. But that doesn't help make something new. Those that aren't interested in a new
game can sit on the sidelines and gripe. That's their right. We get it. The Internet fosters that behavior.
Not a judgment call, just an observation.
We want to spend our time making a good game and want everyone involved to have fun doing it.
That's what gaming is all about.

Well, now I'm totally convinced :salute:

Thats worth easily another hundred.

[spoiler:f5755a19c3] OFC I did not really donate shit. And If I had it I would donate to Toront fund of moving forward 10 times before this joke of a campaign [/spoiler:f5755a19c3]

From their facebook page

‎-- Update #2 -- Why you shouldn’t donate.

Something you should think about before donating or telling your friends to donate. You might be the cause of a small number of people sitting in their cramped, dark f****** shelter depressed because they’re not sitting in their cramped, dark f****** for real because the world didn’t really end.

Got that? Some people won’t be happy you’re helping.

So, if you have no compassion for those apocaleptics who want it all to come down around our ears (but not theirs), then you probably shouldn’t put in a contribution. But if those people, sitting in their ivory dungeons, annoy the hell out of you with their barrels of water, stacks of freeze dried, and smug attitudes, then maybe you should just empty the bank account on this project. Just to spite them.

Create some apoplectic apocaleptics. (Yeah, try saying it out loud.)

http://www.blackisle.com/

I think they may be losing it...

Back