Bombs over Boston

valcik said:
So, after the interrogations, the Boston bombing incident looks like a monstrous manifest of stupidity to me. The young bomber did not had any serious reason, he's not a member of any terrorist group, nor a mercenary. Just a stupid kid suffering from some islamic brainwashing, that's pretty sad.
Looks like he's also the one that killed his brother, running over him and dragging his body during the chase.

The false flag stuff is just silly. Kind of reminds me of Ancient Aliens, they might bring up a good question once in a while, but their explanations are laughable.

DammitBoy said:
The older brother for whatever reason inside his pointy head, decided to become a radical jihadist. Somewhere along the line he found a source in russia to help him with his goals. He spent six months in Russia training with an al queda group, learned how to make his bombs
None of that is actually known at this point. Feel free to jump to conclusions, though. Certainly the name Al Qaeda is based on nothing, and the idea that he was training in Chechnya is based solely on the fact that he was in Dagestan for six months. Not very convincing considering the fact that that isn't an Al Qaeda hotbed.

In fact, from what we know he was a lone wolf with no connections to other terrorists and no training. See here.

People name drop Al Quaeda all the time, but the organisation is barely active nowadays outside of Yemen. There's a hundred other terrorist organisations that have spawned from it, sure, but Al Quaeda itself is almost certainly irrelevant to the Boston Bombings. Hell, IIRC even the Talibans went on air saying it's not them this time.

Most likely Tamerlan was a self-taught religious nutjob who dragged his brother in his madness. Bombing some random charity marathon with improvised explosives and making such a hash of the escape certainly doesn't seem like the M.O. of a trained fundamentalist sleeper agent. These guys love targeting important symbols.

I hate to say this, but I find it unfortunate the second bomber was taken alive. Now they have to have a trial that will be slow and painful for all parties involved. It will have been so much easier for people to have closure without this.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Would religion really make them abandon a shelter and a chance to study at one of the top universities? They can't be that crazy.

The Vault Dweller said:
I hate to say this, but I find it unfortunate the second bomber was taken alive. Now they have to have a trial that will be slow and painful for all parties involved. It will have been so much easier for people to have closure without this.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

I think to get some justice, even if it takes some time is a bigger relief for the people.

After all, if someone is dead, he is dead. There is nothing you can do. But if you have caught someone alive, then you can "punish" him (as a form of revenge, thats what it always is) OR/AND you can as well demand justice - its not always the same.

I am not going to say here I could feel what those people do that lost some relatives or which have been there. I just know, that if I would be in an similar situation, I would want at least to have someone that you can see in front of a curt. But as said. Thats just me.

Sub-Human said:
Would religion really make them abandon a shelter and a chance to study at one of the top universities? They can't be that crazy.

You could argue that believing in a magical sky being that controls everything (but not really) is a form of mental illness in itself. Once you've crossed that line, there's really no limit to the atrocities one will commit if they believe that they're doing god's work (see: Muslims, Abortion clinic bombers, Westboro baptist Church members).

Soldiers will murder children or wipe out a village of civilians just because they're ordered to, and we're mostly okay with this. We don't blame the soldier, they were just following orders. We prosecute the officer who handed down those orders.

The Quran says that ALL MUSLIMS (this is not ambiguous) are obliged to kill or convert all non Muslims, and that dying while doing this will earn you divine favor and a place in heaven. Those orders are handed down by God, and are not debatable.

Now take a college kid who hears anti-US rants from radical left-wing professors, and hand him a Quran. Is it really so surprising that he decides to kill infidels in the name of god?

The Quaran also says that you should make the most intelligent and skilled person your leader. It never mentiones really the relgion of the person. - Though I dont remember the passage where they really say that you should kill infidels, as far as I know they only say that you should only defend the Islam. After all the Idea of the "holy war" is not really described in the Quaran and was rather an evolution of later conflicts, many times abused by certain sects and leaders to start wars.

Seriously. There are a lot of things in the Quaran, Bible and countless other religion writtings. Those evolved over the course of a long time. Its just normal that there are contradicting statements inside.

Think about it why the Bible for example contains only the stories it does now, what happend with all the other "non canonical" texts? Like the Gospel of Thomas, there are countless of writings which are not part of the bible, but describe some parts of the life of Jesus. Of which some even refer to him only as usual "human". The interesting part is, when you consider the "first" generation of believers and compare those to the "second" or "following" generations of believers. For example, all the informations about either Jesus or Mohamed have been written long after their death. There is today even the question if the followers of Jesus saw in him really the son of god and if that was not simply changed later by followers which have been the second or even third generation of believers born after Jesus died. But we probably will never know that for sure.

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
Soldiers will murder children or wipe out a village of civilians just because they're ordered to, and we're mostly okay with this. We don't blame the soldier, they were just following orders. We prosecute the officer who handed down those orders.
No, we prosecute the soldiers, too. Depending on the circumstances, but just following orders is not seen as a valid excuse to commit atrocities and individual soldiers can and have been held responsible.

Phil said:
The Quran says that ALL MUSLIMS (this is not ambiguous) are obliged to kill or convert all non Muslims, and that dying while doing this will earn you divine favor and a place in heaven. Those orders are handed down by God, and are not debatable.
This is not true. There are interpretations of the Qu'ran and some hadiths that amount to that, but those are extremist interpretations. It is very important to keep that in mind, because the vast, vast majority of Muslims reject those interpretations. Which is why you don't see the 3 million Muslims in America running around killing people.

Phil said:
Now take a college kid who hears anti-US rants from radical left-wing professors, and hand him a Quran. Is it really so surprising that he decides to kill infidels in the name of god?
"anti-US rants from radical left-wing professors", really? What, exactly, is that assessment based on? Hell, Tamerlan Tsarnaev didn't even attend University. He followed some classes at a local community college part-time, and that was the extent of that.

Also, by that logic we should be seeing armies up on armies of American college-aged Muslims committing mass suicide. And yet, we actually see more extremist right-wing domestic terrorist attacks than we do Muslim terrorist attacks. And yes, part of that is because the FBI is very good at foiling Muslim terrorist attacks, but there are still just a handful of those.

The truth is often "anti american" In that it differs from the excuses put out by the us to justify what it does to the people without the stomach to actually support what needs to happen for america to sustain itself

I'm pretty sure the Qur'an talks about the people of the book getting together and making fun of all of the non-book people who worship sticks and animals that should be food or stomped on.

And like all things people just had to fuck it up and ruin it.

Like always, some asshole doesn't like how something is worded so he runs off to start his own branch of whatever(which in turn spawns the same shit). You now got multiple types of Islam based off the idea of greedo/han shot first.

The Catholic Church didn't like this new thing getting on their God Monopoly at the time since they had important stuff to do, like convincing Europe that taking a bath is evil(a fear that persists to this day in some parts of the continent).

They already had God Classic, New God, Diet God, and then some dick shows up peddling Crystal God. How do you answer to that.....easy.

Crusades.

And somehow it's America's fault(because Israel).

Sander said:
DammitBoy said:
The older brother for whatever reason inside his pointy head, decided to become a radical jihadist. Somewhere along the line he found a source in russia to help him with his goals. He spent six months in Russia training with an al queda group, learned how to make his bombs
None of that is actually known at this point. Feel free to jump to conclusions, though. Certainly the name Al Qaeda is based on nothing, and the idea that he was training in Chechnya is based solely on the fact that he was in Dagestan for six months. Not very convincing considering the fact that that isn't an Al Qaeda hotbed.

In fact, from what we know he was a lone wolf with no connections to other terrorists and no training. See here.

Nonsense and poppycock, but you keep towing that msnbc talking point. I wouldn't expect anything else from you. Drink that koolaid boy!

Did you read that the older brother was on every existing watchlist and the no fly list? Did you hear the claim that he was on welfare? If true, that means my tax dollars paid for the bomb components and the bomber probably used a free obamaphone to set off the blast.

So how does a 'lone wolf' on welfare afford a six month vacation in Chechnya?

I agree with some of the posts in here, but man, some of you guys really love turning a discussion into a hostile religious/political/personal argument. We can still be civil and disagree; the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Where is the love!?

bitwise said:
I agree with some of the posts in here, but man, some of you guys really love turning a discussion into a hostile religious/political/personal argument. We can still be civil and disagree; the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Where is the love!?

You do know this is the internet, right?

DammitBoy said:
Nonsense and poppycock, but you keep towing that msnbc talking point. I wouldn't expect anything else from you. Drink that koolaid boy!
The Koolaid, aka known facts. But just rehashing right-wing talking points with no basis in facts? Why, that's just reasonable speculation.

GTFO

DammitBoy said:
Did you read that the older brother was on every existing watchlist and the no fly list? Did you hear the claim that he was on welfare? If true, that means my tax dollars paid for the bomb components and the bomber probably used a free obamaphone to set off the blast.

So how does a 'lone wolf' on welfare afford a six month vacation in Chechnya?
In Dagestan. Where he had family. And it's not like that's an expensive country. Like visiting family for six months in a cheap country is super expensive. But, it always has to come back to welfare, right?

Also note, he was off welfare in 2012.

Tamerlan was on some watch lists based on information provided by the Russians as a precaution. The Russians thought he was suspicious likely because of a mosque he was attending. The CIA reviewed him and found nothing suspicious.

Of course, those watch lists countain hundreds of thousands of names. So being on a watch list is no evidence of having terrorist ties and certainly no evidence of receiving terrorist training.

Durrrr facts are hard.

man oh man am i loving people flipping the shit out of refugees getting welfare and becoming citizens

yknow because welfare is so well regulated and never abused

im loving the news that the brothers had a single pistol on them, and were unable to figure out the mit cop's retention holster, so that the majority of the shots fired throughout all of this were courtesy of the police

Crni Vuk said:
because you say so?

I'm pretty sure the act of the bombing taking place would mean the authorities missed something when they checked on this guy, so yeah - because I say so.

Back