Broken Steel: Fixed?

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
And I put a heavy question mark on that because I'm not taking responsibility for whether or not Broken Steel or any Bethesda product actually runs on any computer.

Uh, anyway, Broken Steel is back on GFwL, implying that it's fixed.

Assuming they haven't replaced the stupid perks and other various game design flaws, we all can still safely snicker each time we state the name. Just not quite as much.

HA. "working on ANY computer" I just imagine the game crashing constantly at BethSoft and the programmers acting baffled as to why people are upset. "It was ment to do that, it runs the same on our computers"

after my experience with their last dlc, i'm going to wait a few more weeks before i even try it. th eonly good thing that could come of this is liberty prime could wind up dead.

I don't do DLC and, frankly, don't get people who do. If I pay 10 bucks I expect a product that's small expansion-sized and quality, possibly like GTA IV's Lost and the Damned.

Bethesda, and many other companies like it, are just churning these out with small staffs and then selling them way overpriced for massive profits.

Not sure why anyone'd go along with that. Just use mods ffs.

I'd advise them to buy other, new games. Better value for your buck as a rule.

Seriously, DLC is basically a scam and everyone is embracing it as if that's a good thing. Good Lord I hate this industry.

I agree with Brother None's view on DLC.
So far there has been nothing released that truly justified the amounts of money they have been asking for it, the Fallout 3 DLCs are a good example.

For 10 Euros they should have put The Pitt and Broken Steel together (and thrown in Operation: Anchorage as a little extra)

There seems to be this idea that DLCs will allow for quicker expansions of games that are being sold now, but if the work is rather average, it would be better to focus money of multiple small projects on a big expansion instead.

I have seen a few DLCs that are worth it since this whole craze started. Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster for IWD2 were nice, Lost and the Dammed for GTA4 was nice, Shivering isles + Knights of the 9 (?) was nice, the newest NWN2 one is nice (alas Atari put that on hold for 1 year to install a truly epic failure of DRM on it....)

I have seen a few DLCs that are worth it since this whole craze started. Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster for IWD2 were nice

HoW was an expansion pack, not a DLC. And TotL was free.

Also, Mysteries of Wesgate is an adventure pack, not a DLC, and Shivering Isles was an expansion pack.

To clarify; I took the DLC concept a bit loosely, accepting the content I had to pay for and could obtain with cash.
There is also a bit sarcasm. HoW was not really good enough and this prompted the TotL bit if I remember correctly.
SI was decent but Kot9 was basically a compilation to reduce the fan backlash over overpriced mods :D

And yes Ausir, I totally forgot the W:EE

So, We have Witcher: Enchanted Edition and Lost and Dammed (and maybe Kot9?) as good Dlc? Out of how many stuff packs released for games including sims? (Ikea Furniture pack? WTF?)

Brother None said:
Seriously, DLC is basically a scam and everyone is embracing it as if that's a good thing. Good Lord I hate this industry.
Agreed. I think that it has to be partially because some folks don't even know what expansion packs are and how they compare, content wise, to DLC. That aside, comparison of DLC to the product it's for should be enough for most people to figure out that it's a rip-off. If DLC replaces expansion packs entirely, I'll be a sad, sad man.

Brother None said:
I'd advise them to buy other, new games. Better value for your buck as a rule.

I've been saying that for years now. Most people don't seem to agree with me though. I guess people like to be ripped of.

Brother None said:
I don't do DLC and, frankly, don't get people who do. If I pay 10 bucks I expect a product that's small expansion-sized and quality, possibly like GTA IV's Lost and the Damned.

Bethesda, and many other companies like it, are just churning these out with small staffs and then selling them way overpriced for massive profits.

Not sure why anyone'd go along with that. Just use mods ffs.
Yeah, well this is the new era of video games, where developers release incomplete games and expect consumers to pay extra for shit that should've shipped with the game in the first place (e.g. RE5's multiplayer DLC). It's a fucking crock, but as long as stupid people keep supporting this shit by buying it, it's going to continue.

UncannyGarlic said:
Brother None said:
Agreed. I think that it has to be partially because some folks don't even know what expansion packs are and how they compare, content wise, to DLC. That aside, comparison of DLC to the product it's for should be enough for most people to figure out that it's a rip-off. If DLC replaces expansion packs entirely, I'll be a sad, sad man.

I honestly hope that day never comes, have experienced enough shit with things I care about already.

There error is still alive and well. I purchased Broken Steel around 3pm today and have yet to be able to install it.

Back