Cain on Games (Tim Cain's YouTube Channel)

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!
Lumii_20230504_230817222.jpg

Huge kudos to @Diggfinger! for sharing this on the General Fallout Discussion Forum, I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for his post. So thanks man! :clap:

On April 27th, 2023 the creator of the Fallout series Tim Cain started making videos on his YouTube Channel simply called Timothy Cain, and the video series that he's doing is titled "Cain on Games". What you'll see there is him talking about a variety of things, ranging from topics such as what his favorite Sci-fi novel is, to what his thoughts are on the modern Fallout games, to what the planned sequel of Arcanum was, to talking about a Lord of The Rings tech demo that his gaming company Troika made, to his current status as a video game developer, and many more things!

So head over to his YouTube Channel right now, subscribe, and if you have any questions for him, leave a comment down below in his videos. He'll be happy to provide his answers to your questions by either simply replying to your comment, or a video in response to your specific question you've asked. And stay tune for more videos, he's got a lot planned because of the various questions that people have been asking him in the comment section.

So yeah that's all, and I hope you'll find his content informative & entertaining.

Enjoy!

:ok: :cool:

Link to his YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@CainOnGames

Here's an example, this video is him explaining the origins of where the whole Low Intelligence Dialogue concept that frequently pops up in his games comes from:

Apart from the Fallout lore, I love the extra info on the Troika years. He explains about Arcanum 2 (most of it we knew), but also the unreleased Lord of the Rings games.

Again, Jason D. Anderson had an incredible role in the early ideas of that game - need to update his Wikipedia page!

For sure many more Fallout stories are to come :dance:

Wasn't he the one who said that numbers are boring and gay and that stats should now be simple symbols instead cause gamers are stupid pieces of troglodyte shit?

View attachment 27151

Huge kudos to @Diggfinger! for sharing this on the General Fallout Discussion Forum, I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for his post. So thanks man! :clap:

On April 27th, 2023 the creator of the Fallout series Tim Cain started making videos on his YouTube Channel simply called Timothy Cain, and the video series that he's doing is titled "Cain on Games". What you'll see there is him talking about a variety of things, ranging from topics such as what his favorite Sci-fi novel is, to what his thoughts are on the modern Fallout games, to what the planned sequel of Arcanum was, to talking about a Lord of The Rings tech demo that his gaming company Troika made, to his current status as a video game developer, and many more things!

So head over to his YouTube Channel right now, subscribe, and if you have any questions for him, leave a comment down below in his videos. He'll be happy to provide his answers to your questions by either simply replying to your comment, or a video in response to your specific question you've asked. And stay tune for more videos, he's got a lot planned because of the various questions that people have been asking him in the comment section.

So yeah that's all, and I hope you'll find his content informative & entertaining.

Enjoy!

:ok: :cool:

Link to his YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@CainOnGames

Here's an example, this video is him explaining the origins of where the whole Low Intelligence Dialogue concept that frequently pops up in his games comes from:

Interestingly enough, this coincides with this detailed article on Troika which just came out recently:

The Brief Reign of Troika Games (superjumpmagazine.com)

Several parts on Fallout, and lots of the same info and sources I used for my JDA Wikipedia article

Absolutely love this idea, veteran game devs hardly jump on YouTube and start spilling industry secrets - much less legendary ones.

I've been watching these. I like the concept they had for the real reason behind the vault project. It wasn't just Vault-Tec or the Government being insane.

Very interesting seeing what kind of titles they were thinking of before rolling with the title Fallout. And BTW, some of the names that the team suggested, I honestly think that they were trolling Tim, and were simply being edgy for the LOLZ. Seriously, there's absolutely NO WAY IN HELL they would've used any of the one's proposed like "Hiroshima Revisited" for example. No way! You also have to keep note of the fact that, these suggestions are coming from the same group of people who had the mentality of "Dark Humor is hilarious, Slap Stick Humor is TRASH!" while working on it. I guarantee you that's exactly what happened at that meeting! :-)

Moral of the story, Brian Fargo is a giant fucker.

"Never trust a businessman."

Fargo exudes businessman, talks like businessman, dresses like businessman, therefore - inclined to trust Cain's story about Fargo. But! I would caution anyone to reflect on how much of an indecipherable labyrinth of bullshit game development is... it is fucking hard, really hard. and we only know of Cain's perspective. maybe Fargo will weigh in after Cain just dissed him over the internet lol

Back