Child Killing

Rahungry said:
I get the feeling some dev's at Bethesda thought about it, since this would be one of the first mods people would actually think of making.

Given that OB got re-rated over a mod, "the devs thought about how people will do it" is exactly why it is UNLIKELY to happen because they probably went out of their way (or will) to make the invincibility of children immutable. I personally wouldn't hold my breath on the child-killing. There's plenty else to play with anyway.

Firgof said:
I spent 20 minutes firing Fatmen at the children in Rivet when they were on the deck. Despite looking like bad-arses, cowering in small nuclear explosions, they were unharmed.

So no, children are not killable.
An easier way (if you are on PC):

1) Place yourself with a child in view.
2) Open console (use the ~ key below Esc).
3) Place mouse cursor over child and press left mouse button.
4) Type "kill" and press enter
5) Close console (use the ~ key below Esc).

If they are killable, they will die from that. If not, they will become unconsious.

Doesn't work with the childrens. Nothing happens then.

most console commands don't work on child npcs

Given that OB got re-rated over a mod, "the devs thought about how people will do it" is exactly why it is UNLIKELY to happen because they probably went out of their way (or will) to make the invincibility of children immutable. I personally wouldn't hold my breath on the child-killing. There's plenty else to play with anyway.

Totally incorrect, Oblivion got rerated because it already had a topless female mesh in the game, all you had to do was rename one file.

Game ratings are not determined by aftermarket modifications. The Sims 2 with proper mods resembles a Japanese H-game

override367 said:
Game ratings are not determined by aftermarket modifications. The Sims 2 with proper mods resembles a Japanese H-game

I just had to google it.

spiel macht frei said:
THE SIMS 2 -- WEIRD SEX SKIN MODS
People exactly like us (only with better graphics cards and art skills) have been modding The Sims 2 to feature weird sex stuff.

This Sims 2 mod is called "Gaping Hole" -- it makes your female Sim look like she's been sliced open. Look at her. You can tell she deserved it too, the whiny-faced bitch!

Here at UKR we do not condone the cutting open of innocent women. Only the guilty ones. The ones guilty of spurning our advances. Or getting in the way of the TV. Or wearing short skirts and therefore asking for it.

So the children are just invincible? Would you just have to change a few things to make the game treat them as adults, or would you need to add all the animations, VATS targeting, etc?

banshee911 said:
Yes, the children are flagged essential. I can't figure out how to get their actorbases though

There is a flag called "ischild", you can change this via console but console commands that edit the children do not work.

You cannot change any of their attributes, so it is stuck at 1. If you make it 0 for them you would be able to do all actions to them with no additional modding most likely. Perhaps not blow their limbs off, but I'd be happy just being able to reduce them to ashes with a laser rifle.

There is a teen in lamplight that joins with you and is subject to all actions, even though he uses the child mesh.

So all you would need to is change the ischild flag to 0, and it would make all the children mortal again?

it's possible but I doubt it's that simple, children are actually their own race in the .esm file if I'm reading the contents right.

I've been able to do a little bit of tinkering with it to get some stuff done but nothing substantive so far. The best I've been able to do is find out the value for Prime's laser and use it to change the weather in megaton from "none" to "raining organs and blood"

None of the variables are labeled so I'm sure you could figure it out by messing around with them.

I'm sure it's in the scripts somewhere, if we could get a proper script editor for the ESM it would help alot

So if kids don't go unconscious then they aren't tagged essential ...its something else and that could be a setback.
If they are their own race then that could be a good thing because it may mean the game supports different body types per race. With something like that we may be able to create playable ghoul and super mutant races eventually.
A console workaround is better then nothing. Being able to target them in vats will make this mod complete.

ShatteredJon said:
A town, with nothing but children, and you can't touch any of them. ARG!

:shock:

i think that they would have made a seperate race for children and just made them invulnerable

i have never seen a child knocked down in game, whenever i shoot at them the bullets just go through, or have no effect, i cant tell which

then they run away

and later, after you kill all the angry adults, you still cant fast travel because the kid is flagged as hostile :(

I got out of the vault as a 10 year old girl named Betty using the tcl command.

She has all the animations of an adult, but has a little girl's body.
She can accept and do all the quests.
She can wear any armor in the game, but the armors do give her small breasts.
She can use any weapon in the game.
She can use any drug in the game.
She can wear sexy nightwear, but the outfit gives her large breasts and reveals her brown undershirt underneath.
She has clipping problems with hats and helmets.
She can be damaged and killed.

She is definitely classified as a child. For example, she cannot interact with certain items, such as the bomb in the center of Megaton. When she tries to do so she gets the msg: "children cannot interact with this object.' So, with respect to this particular quest her 'child' race is a restriction.

The fact that she is killable tells me that there is another variable not tied to her 'child race' which could be toggled on/off to make children killable. I suspect that the children NPCs have simply been given the same 'essential' tag as NPCs involved in the main quest. So once we know the code to toggle that off, killable children will be in the game.

angiras said:
The fact that she is killable tells me that there is another variable not tied to her 'child race' which could be toggled on/off to make children killable. I suspect that the children NPCs have simply been given the same 'essential' tag as NPCs involved in the main quest. So once we know the code to toggle that off, killable children will be in the game.

Good find. Not a bad idea to use the no-clip command.

override367 said:
Ghouls and supermutants are there own race too

I know ghouls are a potentially playable race because they can wear clothing and armour. Its probably just a matter of checking off "playable" in the CS. I wasn't sure about super mutants though. If they are a playable race then that means we can wear their armour too!

IRT: Angiras: So in the teenager stage of chargen you just removed clipping and walked out of the vault? nice! Its to bad they are limited in certain ways. That will definitely need to be fixed if they are going to become a proper race some day. I don't think children are tagged "essential" because if they were you would be able to render them unconscious and you can't. I believe its something else.

Not sure about the dismemberment. Ive only played around with her a bit in Megaton. The residents there have killed her, but there were no big criticals.

Back