[Collection] Inventory FRM edits

They are looking good although I think the boxing glove should look more red to match the ones the player can use
I think using the hue-saturation tool in gimp could solve it quite fast (Master -10,0,0; Red 0,0,100; Yellow 10,0,0; Green 10,0,0)
the normal and the plated version looked like this.
latest
latest

I tried with red , but I think it looks a little bit worse... maybe because of palette.

55dfg_zps9z0cy4lb.gif

Also I tried to make some weapons and items from the videos and loading screens:

Fo1_lobotomites_zpsmxr768ya.jpg

Lobotomy Gun:
lg138833_zps4n1xztiq.gif

rty_zps3wswlqel.jpg

"Classic" 10mm pistol:
55567th_zpsvi8fpzsg.gif

Fallout_2_PC_03_zpsaftptttq.jpg

and Vault-boy goggles:
6666778_zpsz7bgftjb.gif

_

Last edited:
I really like that classic 10mm pistol. The lobotomy gun looks good too.

About the glove I took some liberties and had a go at it too, hope you don't mind. All I did was to use the hue-saturation tool on your origanl gif image then I just saved over the file imported it to frame animator and converted it to frm.
jfu3lXy.png

Pictures better spread in png format, but not in 7-bit gif with reduced number of colors.

Last edited:
Other items:

arm36_zpsztugntjg.gif
vv56_zpsdfgaubqo.gif

rr21_zpsaelfv8pr.gif
55_zpss6tidkoz.gif
12123_zpszxyckmcr.gif

"Dclaw Weapon 2", Auto-cannon heavy weapon, Robo-rocket launcher ammo, Floating Eye Bot melee weapon (2 versions)

Love this stuff...great work Ursa. Are any of these weapons "available" to other Fallout projects?

I found the ripped "Fallout 1/2 Armory" Totemic Sanctuary website in one of my old backup HDDs. =Totem= made a GIF image for Zip Gun as a suggestion. It uses a modified 14mm Pistol grip and trigger with a shortened Pipe Rifle barrel. I patched up the back end of the barrel and edited the markings on it a bit.
zipgun_totem.gif

I know Ursa already made a nice looking Zip Gun. Just want to share some "antique" stuff laying in my old backup. Better than letting it rot in my IDE hard drive. Not sure when I ripped the website, probably around 2000. Most of "modified" timestamps of the files are messed up under Win7, displaying 1782‎/01‎/19‎ in the properties.

Last edited:
holy crap, this stuff is brilliant!
it would be awesome to have full set of classic fallout weapons and other items remaked like that.

Fat Luke, thank you! But i think that there is no need for reworking all classic Fallout art. Maybe except some F2 items images.
Here are new pics:
Chinese assault rifle from F3

chrfl_zpsiwy1jxa5.png

Chainsaw from FNV

chainsaw_zpsiq0msuh6.png

Last edited:
Any chance you can show us (the fans) the raw render and finished work, you must do some Photoshop touch up and that's where the magic touch happens. A Photoshop file of one of the weapons would be very helpful. :cool:

Thanks!
J_Fred, later I'll post pack with lossless BMP files. Although I think that you can use these PNG images to make FRMs.
.Pixote., render itself is almost finished result:

f4gun_zpsuijhkgy6.png

I often use the glow and reflections to highlight the smooth elements.
Besides the main render:

csaw_zpsid5jblb0.png

I also do "Ambient Occlusion" render with white textures to give the correct shading and shadows:

csaw_ao_zpsdhkgunl3.png

And all I do in Photoshop - glues together these two layers in Multiply mode and then using "Sharpen tool" here and there to bring more details on that 55x120 image. And of course applying Fallout palette. Sometimes I use MS Paint to fix the "bad" pixels.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity... Can you do the same on some of the western rifles from New Vegas? Cowboy Repeater, Brush Gun, Revolver, etc.? ... :>

Back