Companion Mod for Fallout of Nevada

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by arroyoman, Sep 21, 2020.

1. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    That's an easy fix, change the settings on the wire fence to 'not shoot through' , that will stop critters shooting fighters in the arena.

2. arroyoman

arroyoman First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2019
    Thank you so much! I figured that there should be some easy fix to this! I'll try to do this rn

EDIT: Done and updated the mod, thanks, Pixote!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021 at 9:39 AM
  3. arroyoman

Jun 11, 2019
    Here is the updated patch000.dat file, I used the latest FoN fixed mod. Link to Google Drive:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021 at 9:40 AM
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    @arroyoman

thanks..

as I've said in my previous pos,. the problems related to Jasmine (or any party npc for that matter) not fightoing was combat control mode=2 & 3. however they were related to sfall-extended 4.2.9. I've already resolved that with it's maker Mr.Stalin. I'm not sure however if this fix was released publicly 4.2.9 is still the latest release on Mr.Stallin's gihub project page. and I've gotten a link to the fixed scripts for 'auto close containers' mod 'partycontrol' mod and 'sfall-mods' mod, after replacing those that came with 4.2.9 with the ones that came from the fix, everything is working as intended more or less.

As for the patch000.dat and Raster proto files, I just wanded to know which protos that came with your mod are Raster's so that I could input them to the original patch000.dat myself.

Because You've said that You're done with the mod, I didn't expected to get an update, however a simple 'how to DIY' could come in handy for any potential future releases of Fo:Nevada. That way ppl could do the mod adaptation themselves and wouldn't be bugging You with the need of future releases of Your mod.

Anyways I hope You'll make a note for us, so that we all know what is the base Raster proto, in order to update any potentially future patch000.dat's that may or may not yet come.

On a side note. I've noticed that dogmeat has barter flag set and no 'criter can't carry anything' flag set in his protos.
    This urges me even further into cheating :D as now dogmeat is using shock glove/ mega power fist combo. which makes him totally OP XD. I'm not so sure if dogmeat should be allowed to carry anything, however if so than his carry weight capacity should be revised ( like add a negative number to bonus carry weight in his protos to reduce it from the ridiculous 175lbs) something in likes of of 25 -50 lbs is more in line with what dogmed should be able to carry. giving dogmeat 175lbs stuff to carry would make not only him to collapse under the weight, but probably his spine would snap under it as well.

On the other hand strongest humans (like Dead-Lift Strongman competition certain individuals could lift waaay over 1000kg thats like over 2203lbs so runing with 275lbs [farmers-walk competition] or even 475lbs with 10ST 3xstrong back+pack rat. Seemes a lot closer to reality than a dog of 6ST with 175 lbs on his back). 175lbs is around 79,5kg that's an avarage full grown man's weitght. I've never seen a full grown man riding on a back of an avarage dog. perhaps if it was a large dog that had like 7-8ST a child could ride on it's back let's say up to 25kg which is around 55lbs, but nothing more.

5. arroyoman

Jun 11, 2019
    Raster's base proto is 00000495.pro (pid = 16777711) . 00000496.pro, 00000497.pro, 00000498.pro are used as he levels up.

Jasmine uses the loser (female) proto as her base proto - 00000055.pro (pid = 16777271). This is the original proto used in Fallout of Nevada. On leveling up, she uses 00000489.pro (pid = 16777705) -> 00000494.pro (pid=16777710).

Her base proto, along with dogmeat's base proto, are already in the patch000.dat file. Therefore there is no need to add into patch000.dat if FoN gets a future update.

I hope that helps!

P.S. Thanks for the suggestion on Dogmeat's carry weight limit, I'll try to nerf like like you suggested.

UPDATE: Nerfed dogmeat's carry weight to 10 lbs. Carry weight increases to 15 lbs at Stage 5 & 6.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021 at 4:32 AM
  6. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    @arroyoman
    thanks for the info.

anyways I thought rather to nerf dogmeats abilty to carry anything at all by giving him the 'critter can't carry anything' flag set, and posibly remove the 'can barter with' flag. simply because without specific equipment dogmeat could only carry some stuff in his mouth. and giving the option to trade plus enabling him to carry stuff enables a nasty cheat:
    1.open barter window with dogmeat
    2. pass him any unarmed weapon ( brass knuckles, spiked knuckles, power fist,mickey's revenge, shock glove,amy glove, or mega power fist. and some small energy cells to go with it)
    3. enter fake combat with [control combat] mode=2 set in sfall-mods.ini, pass to dogmeat's turn, press inventory, and equip dogmeat with unarmed weapon You just gave him. close inventory, end fake combat.
    4. go fight somwhere and use dogmeat to attack with his newly equipped weapon.
    5. profit!! now dogmeat does more damage than intended.

Yeah.. Now I know You intended party npcs to mainly be pack mules, however this trick i described above, causes unintended consequences, when dogmeat is allowed to hold stuff (in his stomach I guess). as far as i remember on his base level he had like 15AP that's like 5 atacks with mega power fist. I mean It's awsome to have such feature but, but it's kinda op.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1