Companion Mod for Fallout of Nevada

That's an easy fix, change the settings on the wire fence to 'not shoot through' , that will stop critters shooting fighters in the arena.

Thank you so much! I figured that there should be some easy fix to this! I'll try to do this rn

EDIT: Done and updated the mod, thanks, Pixote!

Last edited:
@arroyoman
Fallout nevada got a slight update and main patch000.dat files differ in size ( the one from your mod and the one from latest FoN have different size) Plus latest update to your mod broke something. one file critter 488.pro seemes broken ( it is not a typical .pro file in both Proto Manager nor in a hex editor).

So far the mod seemes broken as Jasmine won't join the fighting anymore, she just stands there idly watching by. don't know wha'ts the deal (Im using all your files except the patch000.dat since game's one seemes more up to date).

I'm aware You're done with the mod, however perhaps a little tutorial on how to all of us should fix this issue in the future ( what files should we copy to updated patch000.dat?), and perhaps we could get that 488.pro fixed?

I'm assuming it's because jasmine should use 488.pro as a unique jasmine basemodel, instead of her base proto beeing generic .pro file. this was discussed in the past ( even in this very topic) generic base proto doesn't work well for party NPCs, and her unique proto (which I assume to be 488.pro) seemes broken....
Here is the updated patch000.dat file, I used the latest FoN fixed mod. Link to Google Drive:

Last edited:
@arroyoman

thanks..

as I've said in my previous pos,. the problems related to Jasmine (or any party npc for that matter) not fightoing was combat control mode=2 & 3. however they were related to sfall-extended 4.2.9. I've already resolved that with it's maker Mr.Stalin. I'm not sure however if this fix was released publicly 4.2.9 is still the latest release on Mr.Stallin's gihub project page. and I've gotten a link to the fixed scripts for 'auto close containers' mod 'partycontrol' mod and 'sfall-mods' mod, after replacing those that came with 4.2.9 with the ones that came from the fix, everything is working as intended more or less.

As for the patch000.dat and Raster proto files, I just wanded to know which protos that came with your mod are Raster's so that I could input them to the original patch000.dat myself.

Because You've said that You're done with the mod, I didn't expected to get an update, however a simple 'how to DIY' could come in handy for any potential future releases of Fo:Nevada. That way ppl could do the mod adaptation themselves and wouldn't be bugging You with the need of future releases of Your mod.

Anyways I hope You'll make a note for us, so that we all know what is the base Raster proto, in order to update any potentially future patch000.dat's that may or may not yet come.

On a side note. I've noticed that dogmeat has barter flag set and no 'criter can't carry anything' flag set in his protos.
This urges me even further into cheating :D as now dogmeat is using shock glove/ mega power fist combo. which makes him totally OP XD. I'm not so sure if dogmeat should be allowed to carry anything, however if so than his carry weight capacity should be revised ( like add a negative number to bonus carry weight in his protos to reduce it from the ridiculous 175lbs) something in likes of of 25 -50 lbs is more in line with what dogmed should be able to carry. giving dogmeat 175lbs stuff to carry would make not only him to collapse under the weight, but probably his spine would snap under it as well.

On the other hand strongest humans (like Dead-Lift Strongman competition certain individuals could lift waaay over 1000kg thats like over 2203lbs so runing with 275lbs [farmers-walk competition] or even 475lbs with 10ST 3xstrong back+pack rat. Seemes a lot closer to reality than a dog of 6ST with 175 lbs on his back). 175lbs is around 79,5kg that's an avarage full grown man's weitght. I've never seen a full grown man riding on a back of an avarage dog. perhaps if it was a large dog that had like 7-8ST a child could ride on it's back let's say up to 25kg which is around 55lbs, but nothing more.

Raster's base proto is 00000495.pro (pid = 16777711) . 00000496.pro, 00000497.pro, 00000498.pro are used as he levels up.

Jasmine uses the loser (female) proto as her base proto - 00000055.pro (pid = 16777271). This is the original proto used in Fallout of Nevada. On leveling up, she uses 00000489.pro (pid = 16777705) -> 00000494.pro (pid=16777710).

Her base proto, along with dogmeat's base proto, are already in the patch000.dat file. Therefore there is no need to add into patch000.dat if FoN gets a future update.

I hope that helps!

P.S. Thanks for the suggestion on Dogmeat's carry weight limit, I'll try to nerf like like you suggested.

UPDATE: Nerfed dogmeat's carry weight to 10 lbs. Carry weight increases to 15 lbs at Stage 5 & 6.

Last edited:
@arroyoman
thanks for the info.

anyways I thought rather to nerf dogmeats abilty to carry anything at all by giving him the 'critter can't carry anything' flag set, and posibly remove the 'can barter with' flag. simply because without specific equipment dogmeat could only carry some stuff in his mouth. and giving the option to trade plus enabling him to carry stuff enables a nasty cheat:
1.open barter window with dogmeat
2. pass him any unarmed weapon ( brass knuckles, spiked knuckles, power fist,mickey's revenge, shock glove,amy glove, or mega power fist. and some small energy cells to go with it)
3. enter fake combat with [control combat] mode=2 set in sfall-mods.ini, pass to dogmeat's turn, press inventory, and equip dogmeat with unarmed weapon You just gave him. close inventory, end fake combat.
4. go fight somwhere and use dogmeat to attack with his newly equipped weapon.
5. profit!! now dogmeat does more damage than intended.

Yeah.. Now I know You intended party npcs to mainly be pack mules, however this trick i described above, causes unintended consequences, when dogmeat is allowed to hold stuff (in his stomach I guess). as far as i remember on his base level he had like 15AP that's like 5 atacks with mega power fist. I mean It's awsome to have such feature but, but it's kinda op.

@All
sorry for double psting however several things have happened since my last post, and this tpoc got burried since last I've posted, so to bring ppl attention, and quite some time have passed since my previous post, I've decided to post right under my previous post.

@arroyoman
I've noticed that Jasmine doesn't hav the dialogue option to change the armor to metal,combat,power, only all the various leather jackets and antirad-suit. although She can equip those armors while penetrating through camuflage to get to combat options button, and clicking use best armor. It's the same case for Raster. He says He doesn't wear armor although clicking use best armor, and he's equipped. to make it all look nice and shiny I've modified a file for armor change mod, and set it to take under account various Fo:Nevada Armors, and also Companion Mod tailored animation FRM's.
If ppl know how to use the mod, jasmine will use: ginger female leather jacket; ginger female metal armor; default female combat armor; power armor; custom environmental suit armor tailored for Jasmine; when apropriate armor is equipped. since lack of proper animation sets no ginger female leather armor for JasmineShe's bound to what is set in the file. No ghoul leathers nor metal armor for Raster when he wears them, however full body suit of combat armor, police armor, gas suit, antirad-suit and PA/Grizzly PA, look from top down as indistinguishable from humans, ergo Raster changes appearance for those armors (and can even run while appearance is changed).

On a side note I've found a couple of bugs:
1. dogmeat last level proto seemes fucked after the strength/carry weight trimming. He's also got 0% crit chance, "0" heal and "0" melee damage, which sometimes seemes odd, since with mods i use his mininmum damage is higher than his maximum damage :p

2. Raster after beeing told to wait, when trying to recruit him back returns to his initial recruitment dialogue once. after that he only partially joins the party, namely his dialogue changes to let's go option any further time he's spoken to, he doesn't follow the player although changes map with the player. ( he's outline color is green while in combat, so i think game treats him as party member but his script doesn't).

@All
Also for anyone that seemes disappointed in how this mod handles armor appearance of followers, I'm attaching a little file, that if you know anything on sfall mechanics and have been around during the mod's development will know how to use it.

Attachments

@gustarballs1983
Thanks for pointing out the bugs, and making the NPC Armor patches!

I intended for Jasmine to be able to wear leather jackets, metal armor, combat armor and power armor only, and I also kinda tried to disable the combat control panels by switching the sprite of the 'red button' with the sprite of a 'torn-out button' (its from Fallout 1.5 Resurrection). The thing is, it wasn't very well-implemented, since the user could still click on the 'torn-out button' and the combat panel would show up.

Also, I can't believe I missed that Raster bug during my last playthrough! Anyways, its a simple fix, and will be quickly patched out, along with dogmeat's erratic behaviour.

I allowed dogmeat's bartering at the beginning of the mod for shits and giggles, as it was something I always did with F12SE in my past fallout playthroughs. But it has proven to be more trouble than its worth, so I plan to just restore dogmeat's stats, and disable bartering permanently.

Edit: Dogmeat and Raster has been patched. Download the latest update from Google drive link in the first post.

Note: for dogmeat to work, might need to start a new game. I had to start a new game for the new protos to work...

Last edited:
@arroyoman
Blocking combat panel will not work by simply switching the graphics.
I once stumbled on a thread explaining how did Resurrection team manage to achive this. Here's how:
The Resurrection engine underwent several custom hex-edit hacks to change the button space size of 'use best armor' and 'trade' options to be exactly 1x1 pixel, and additionally engine was ordered to overlap those 1x1 pixel spaces with plain inventory space, rendering the buttons useless. last thing they did was to put a destroyed button graphics so that ppl realise that the buttons are unusable.

Anyways I know that Jasmine is sepose to wear metal and combat armors only at later levels, however I had her on lvl 6, and still couldn't make her to wear anything beyond several versions of leather jacket animation via dialogue.
A.K.A there was no dialogue option to give her metal armor ( although i haven't tried the base one { but You do realise there are various new metal armors in Nevada besides just only Mk1,tesla and Mk2 right?}), also no combat armor(in any version) and nor power armor (in any version) could be given via dialogue to her (Jasmine was on lvl6), If I were You I'd scrap the idea of custom dialogue for armor equipping, and let it work via the use best armor button.

Also Custom combat control options are a mess right now. Not only they don't get saved properly after exiting the game, but raster has them totally screwed most saying "Error" or "Never" in place where this option is non existant. this causes followers to work only with Combat Control Mode=1 or Mode=2. Mode=0 and Mode=3 on the other hand will probably not work at all. thing is custom options must be specified in script in a strict precise order, if they are to work as intended, besides not sure if Nevada did not cut out certain AI behaviours from the game, since there are seposedly to be no followers intended.

Anyways I hope You do know how to work with the little file I've attached. Anyways. Just get a standalone version of Sfall-Extended from github, unpack it somwhere and copy only one file from there called "gl_npcarmor.int" without quotes into your Nevada/data/scripts folder. Next take the file I've made and put it in Fo:Nevada's base folder, and that's it, it should work in-game, and it should work with your old saves.

the file I've made is a standard npcarmor.ini from Sfall_extended, specifically adapted to work with Fo:Nevada and it's new custom armors, and Your Fo:Nevada Companion mod.

EDIT:
also the proto reistances and thresholds seem a bit off. just how come Jasmine gets any resistances and thresholds while not wearing any armors *even* on her base weaksauce level?

anyways
Good Luck

Bump I say..
I sincerely hope nobody does mind that..

Anyways @arroyoman
do you have any updates to this mod or perhaps have you made some companion tweaks to Fo1.5: Resurrection by chance?
I remember You wanted to do a Vodka as companion mod, or perhaps restoring 'Cult of Personality' perk and have Gabriel a.k.a evil character npc work for good karma players?
Now I know that extra companion is not nessecary, but why to hell have a char with CH<6 or actually greater than 4 since one could get magnetic personality for mutt and some mentats to increase charisma to get divine favour, if one could only get 3 party npcs total, so I thought that Gabriel and Vodka could make a nice addition to the 5 npc limit of CHA=10, which could be kond of neat...
Just asking since right now I'm in urge to play something *badly* after 'Diablo 2 Resurrected fiasco', and I was considering either Fo:Nevada with companion mod or Fo1.5:Resurrection with some kind of new twist. Though the Developer Bunker version from _Pyran_'s didn't turn out to be much of a challange, one extra worldmap location and small map additions here and there. nothing game changing. On the other hand, If You'd manage to change Gabriel not to react badly to positive karma, and a mexican bar genocide, plus turning Vodka into fully featured companion, now *that* would be game changing to Me.

Anyways please say something on this matter...

Bump I say..
I sincerely hope nobody does mind that..

Anyways @arroyoman
do you have any updates to this mod or perhaps have you made some companion tweaks to Fo1.5: Resurrection by chance?
I remember You wanted to do a Vodka as companion mod, or perhaps restoring 'Cult of Personality' perk and have Gabriel a.k.a evil character npc work for good karma players?
Now I know that extra companion is not nessecary, but why to hell have a char with CH<6 or actually greater than 4 since one could get magnetic personality for mutt and some mentats to increase charisma to get divine favour, if one could only get 3 party npcs total, so I thought that Gabriel and Vodka could make a nice addition to the 5 npc limit of CHA=10, which could be kond of neat...
Just asking since right now I'm in urge to play something *badly* after 'Diablo 2 Resurrected fiasco', and I was considering either Fo:Nevada with companion mod or Fo1.5:Resurrection with some kind of new twist. Though the Developer Bunker version from _Pyran_'s didn't turn out to be much of a challange, one extra worldmap location and small map additions here and there. nothing game changing. On the other hand, If You'd manage to change Gabriel not to react badly to positive karma, and a mexican bar genocide, plus turning Vodka into fully featured companion, now *that* would be game changing to Me.

Anyways please say something on this matter...
Sorry to disappoint you, but regarding the Fo1.5 Vodka mod, I actually hadn't have a lot of progress, since I've been occupied with school stuff... So far I have written some of Vodka's dialogue, but I think I'll have to wait till the holidays to work with the rest of it...

However, I did look into it for a bit earlier this year, and IIRC, in Fo1.5, the 'Cult of Personality' perk has been reworked into the 'Leader' perk, which makes your companions tougher. I have planned to incorporate the 'Leader' perk into the mod, though not in a very OP way, just a few speech checks that makes recruiting Vodka easier.

On the other hand, I did do some updates for the companion mod, mainly for the miscellaneous bugs that you have reported earlier - so thanks a lot for that!

Last edited:
Though the Developer Bunker version from _Pyran_'s didn't turn out to be much of a challange, one extra worldmap location and small map additions here and there. nothing game changing.

What's the Developer Bunker version? Did Pyran make an update to FO1.5? I'm a bit out of the loop here haha

On the other hand, If You'd manage to change Gabriel not to react badly to positive karma, and a mexican bar genocide,

I actually did this for Gabriel and Lystra years ago. It was one of my first mods for the classic Fallout games. It's actually quite easy to do, even though it's a bit tedious. Might look into it later and release together with the Vodka mod.

What's the Developer Bunker version? Did Pyran make an update to FO1.5? I'm a bit out of the loop here haha

well I got a littlle carriedaway.. I'm not sure i got it from _Pyran_ or Dobrovik's archive.. but it's FO 1.5 Resurrection with Developer-shelter-addon. not big deal:

Just some map edits and a one small world map location. there's a small bunker in Rat hole with a early game energy weapon (new item) plus some ammo. there are a few more of them in other towns, mostly containing new items with receepies in the description for special encounter with McGyver who could craft some stuff for you (McGyver and crafting ain't new only the recepie descriptions are new. Plus there's a small Location on the worldmap with a bunker containing Game's developers. among the loot there's a second "P95 plasma rifle" so you'll get one for Lystra and Yourself after you wipe the ghouls, or just one b4 the endgame

I actually did this for Gabriel and Lystra years ago. It was one of my first mods for the classic Fallout games. It's actually quite easy to do, even though it's a bit tedious. Might look into it later and release together with the Vodka mod.

Yes Please..

Actually You haven't said anything about that earlier. last Year when we spoke about this matter in this thread, You've mentioned "..I'll take a look into it.." but not much else. and now it's almost complete.. wow.. You're the best man..

As for Gabriel and Vodka beeing extra pair of hands, I don't mind there's not enaugh Power Armor in the game for everyone to fit in. It's actually encouraging to help empire to get the first one, then kil the mutants in the camp, loot the second one, get the location from rebirth plus a way to get in. Next go to Rebirth in stealth get the third PA plus all the goodies, and quests in there, next go to Mutant Hunter Leader with the holodisk and assault rebirth with Mutant hunters.. I'd actually like to see the end game outcome of it But only with Gabriel and Vodka on board :D

Possibly there could be a way to get a fourth PA by fixing the one laying on the table of Rebirth base on third floor. But it would have to be modded in. As the table with PA parts is there, but the script to do so is missing...

EDIT:
31 years old and still in school?!
are you attending for a PhD or something? cauce I don't remember where else You'd need to study for *that* long...

EDIT #2 remooving Gabriel's Hire restrictions is fine with me If it does not require Cult of Personality, even better. I just do hope He won't aggro me when I proceed with ghoul favour of disposing of sanchez and rodriguez, even if it means to leave him behind on another map for the time of the fight..

@arroyoman
If You have the modified Gabriel's script laying somewhere, I could make a use of it right now.
As it stands, I'm looking for a refreshed Fallout experience folowing the big Diablo 2 Resurrected letdown... :(

Last edited:
@arroyoman
Care to share Gabriel and Lystra mods right now? or at least the updated Fo:Nevada companions?? last update to the download I see on the front page is from 25Apr2021..

I'm in the mood of giving a playthrough to a classic Fallout game, I mean before D2R is going to get fixed, so that i could dive into it...

@arroyoman
Care to share Gabriel and Lystra mods right now? or at least the updated Fo:Nevada companions?? last update to the download I see on the front page is from 25Apr2021..

I'm in the mood of giving a playthrough to a classic Fallout game, I mean before D2R is going to get fixed, so that i could dive into it...
Unfortunately, the modified scripts were lost when I was re-installing Fo1.5...

Damn.. that's too bad.

Anyways decided to give Fo: Nevada with Your mod a go agin.. this time with 25.04.21 version, the latest one as i recall

will post any bugs I find... if any..

I'll see what kind of mod it's. Maybe, add it to the Nevada (em).

from My perspective as a player who tested it I might say it's cool but bugged.

First off:

-the first party npc has a bug that she doesn't wear the armor when told to equip via dialogue only changes appearance ( it would be better to prepare npcarmor.ini for her) although she doesn't have leather animations ( might be worth to check apearance mod for the red-haired girl leather animations, and cut the crap about leather armor in the dialogue)
-she's pretty useless during early stages of the game, and it's easy to loose her (her initial, and early stages HP sucks).
-via dialog she does not equip some armors besides leather (leather was seposedly intended), but for metal armor, only the base one is equipable via dialogue. no MKII no all three new ones with weird names from SLC mechanic ( that were re-enabled as a bugfix in 2.0.3.1
-armor stats on unarmored protos are bugged I think. If she's on a final stage wearing combat armor she'd be a tank
- she get's a +10% to DR
after a dialogue but looses it after she levels up (that dialogue should be restricted to her beeing on her final level)

-Ghoul Merc from Las Vegas Dead Hotel, had party control custiom options fucked up last time I've played ( didn't reach him yet in a new playthrough with the newest update).
him not wearing armor at all is kind of meh, since anything that bursts could kill him. I think he could wear armor, and change appearance to: gas suit (environmental suit form tactics already a part of the mod), Robe ( but there isn't any i the game), Combat Armor.. ( from isomertic perspective a ghoul in CA is indistinguishable from human in CA for the player ), and Power Armor.
- his Lockpick ability is bugged ( you can give him lockpicks infinite amount of times and skill upgrade is only the first time) the bonus also vanishes when he levels up. He's sepose to Help player with lockpicking however his skill is too meh for this to work.

-Dogmeat. fun addition, up until i figured out i can equip him with mega power fist, because he has the trade flag set. pretty op given how much ap he's got if you ask me XD.

that would be it.

Reset the level - I think, need to fix just-files. Myron in RP, Vanilla, didn't wear every armor either.
The robe can be added. Further on the situation.
p.s. Patch000.dat - main files & ru.lang, Patch001.dat - English. This mod - Create Patch002.dat (put only modifiable files).

Reset the level - I think, need to fix just-files. Myron in RP, Vanilla, didn't wear every armor either.
The robe can be added. Further on the situation.
p.s. Patch000.dat - main files & ru.lang, Patch001.dat - English. This mod - Create Patch002.dat (put only modifiable files).

-Reset the level?! I don't get it..
-Myron could wear any type of armor, but he only changes appearrance to robe and bridgekeeper's robe, any version of Combat Armor/CA-MkII/BoS-CA, PowerArmor T-51b/Hardned Power Armor, and Advanced Power Armor/APA-MkII. Myron Could wear any armor actually but changed appearance only to the mentioned above.

-Robe is probably needed only as a quick fix to the ghoul's lag-behind problem, as he uses the "rifle-ghoul animation" which doesn't have running. so a quick fix would be to get a robe asap ( like somewhere in Las Vegas) so that the ghoul merc could equip it and be able to run around. Later in SLC there's a Police armor in a hidden shelter which looks like Combat Armor (which fully covers the body and a ghoul in it is most likely indistinguishable from a human in this type of armor for the player's eye. And soon there-after One can get Combat Armor either in Goverment Vault or via Vault 8 warehouse assignment. Well let's face it there isn't any other reward that could be more usefull from that quest, one probably already has everything else from the warehouse quest reward list. and there are two Combat Armors in the Goverment Vault. the BiS weapon for the ghoul is probably kind of tricky to get. One would have to take Mysterious stranger perk, and earn at least level 27, it is at that point, that mysterious stranger begins to spawn with HK-G11 which in Fo:Nevada is a two handed weapon (rifle animation), now there are two options, either to kill mysterious stranger, (which is a bummer), or hit him in the head with fist attack (which has a chance for a knockout) and knock him out. Rob him of everything including the gun and leave the map. on the next encounter with him he won't remember a thing, and you can "rinse & repeat" until the ghoul has enaugh 4.7 caseless ammo to go through the game.

-about the Patch000; Patch001; Patch002, it's all fine with me. but better ask the mod developer himself, If you read through this topic ( not much 3 pages only) You'll realise I'm *not* the mod author. The guy responsible, is rarely present here, perhaps by mentioning his nickname: @arroyoman ,we can summon him here, so that he'll give the final word on whether he would like make this mod a part of standard Fo:Nevada.

As I recall @arroyoman is still studying, and he only has time for mod development during holidays such as christmas, easter, or summer break. So I think that He would pretty much welcome the idea of merging his companion mod with Nevada with open arms. However beterr to ask first before, than to be sorry after..

Oh yeah forgot one more thing. He repalces the original patch000.dat only because for new party members that were not present in original game, their initial base proto must be placed inside patch000.dat or master.dat instead of data folder, otherwise that npc would not level up. I have no idea if patch002.dat would work for that. I mean even for Killap's RP He had to place all three new party npc base protos to master.dat ( hence the RP installer did patch the master.dat) so that Kitsune, Dex, and Cat Jules could level up.

Last edited:
Back