Companion Mod for Fallout of Nevada

small guns skill 55 is the requirement. In your case, I think its because of the timer.

I implemented a timer that will unlock more dialogue as the time goes by. It isn't based on days or in-game time, but real world time. To reduce a timer, simply enter a map, wait for 20 secs, and re-enter. Rinse and repeat for about 4-5 times and it should unlock the dialogue to shooting practice.

or you can also use F12se to set the LVAR 10 for Jasmine to 0.

Yeah, Just needed to play the game more before posting. Sry. But damn, I thought the mod would make her kinda a lifeless NPC who will run with you like a dog but she has pretty much dialog, even has something to see during encounters or locations. She even improves like evolving from a non combat to a regular good fighting companion and has even naughtly stuff ;)
Right now I think I did only 3-4 combat training with her and she self says got more even confident to use pistols.
Didnt got the chance to try the others yet but damn, this is really good of a sub-mod.
You sure you dont want to expand the mod further ?

I am enjoying the companions so far but at Lovelock Raider's Base they joining the fight. It is not a big problem, just letting you know it is happening.

Interesting mod. :)

Do the companions have any banters, optional personal quests, respect level for the PC, optional friendships/romances/sex encounters, companion conflicts or reactions to how the PC handles quests? Maybe some advice or comments about the place they are in?

Or do they act mostly as assistance during fights?

Nah, they are mainly pack mules and don't react to any quests. There isn't any companion quests, too.

Most of the dialogue is there for flavor... backstories, combat skills, etc. There is some dialogue for Jasmine that unlocks over time, and they will give comments about the place you're in. (You need to ask them about it, though. I got the idea from Fallout Resurrection)

You can also have target practice with Jasmine, using about 3-4 clips of ammo. There are 3 combat-related perks that Jasmine can obtain through these training sessions.

Oh, also, you can give Raster lockpicks to raise his lockpicking skills by 15% and expanded lockpick set to raise his lockpick skills by 25%.

That's about it, I guess.

Last edited:
I am enjoying the companions so far but at Lovelock Raider's Base they joining the fight. It is not a big problem, just letting you know it is happening.

Thanks, I'll check it out and try to fix it. Iirc it doesn't happen in the boxing rings of New Reno and Las Vegas, though.

Nah, they are mainly pack mules and don't react to any quests. There isn't any companion quests, too.

Most of the dialogue is there for flavor... backstories, combat skills, etc. There is some dialogue for Jasmine that unlocks over time, and they will give comments about the place you're in. (You need to ask them about it, though. I got the idea from Fallout Resurrection)

You can also have target practice with Jasmine, using about 3-4 clips of ammo. There are 3 combat-related perks that Jasmine can obtain through these training sessions.

Oh, also, you can give Raster lockpicks to raise his lockpicking skills by 15% and expanded lockpick set to raise his lockpick skills by 25%.

That's about it, I guess.

Pack mules...woe those poor guys as I tend to carry TONS of stuff... :(

Do they have different dialogue depending of stats such as INT or CHA? Or any plans to add things like that?

Backstories are nice though. Looking forward to see it expanded as it makes companions look more interesting than just "mules" for hire. :P

Even in Fallout 2 there used to be potential there even if it was hardly ever fully realized. Sulik in particular was rather fun and it was a shame his quest to find his sis was never implemented into the game. I heard it sorta was in the restoration mod but I have not yet checked. Miria with her romance/marriage thingy was hilarious too though its a shame the interactions with her post marriage are rather limited. Myron also was hilarious in a "what a creep" sort of way.

It would be nice if there was a way to get to become friends with them though. It would add some immersion IMO.

@arroyoman

Do you mind doing similar stuff to Fo1,5: Resurrection's character Vodka?

I mean He fits perfectly for a companion, and it's a damn shame he does not join the player.

I'd assume He could join if good karma player does fuckup and joins Mutant Hunters by accident, as then Empire refuses it's final plot to the player and restricts acces to second pair of extra hands.

It's advisable because: good karma players have no acces to that merc from sedit as He only joins when player has bad karma (and is probably dead by then) and Lystra will not join the player if he became a mutant hunter, or leave if player becomes one. This way player is left only with Keri and a useless dog as party-NPC, so there is in fact a need for an extra pair of hands for the player in certain conditions.

Getting the power armor for him would be a bit awkward, as it seemes, Player would have to go to Rebirth Base and get PA from armory *before* getting the last PA from Mutant Hunters after accepting to takcle Rebirth base. anyways it would be advisable to visit Rebirth base, as only then player would be able to use those plasma transformers for energy weapons upgrade.

Sure, I love the idea to add Vodka as a companion NPC, too. But it'll take some time for me to break down the quest design in Corath (Uncle and Nestor) and get an idea of how to implement this in FoR... It'll definitely take some time. (Right now I have school to attend to, so I'll try to do some in my spare time.)

try clicking top right corner of the window. There's a white symbol there that is hidden by the white background.

Jasmine shoots opponents from outside the ring at Las Vegas. And I always win :wiggle:

@arroyoman
Fallout nevada got a slight update and main patch000.dat files differ in size ( the one from your mod and the one from latest FoN have different size) Plus latest update to your mod broke something. one file critter 488.pro seemes broken ( it is not a typical .pro file in both Proto Manager nor in a hex editor).

So far the mod seemes broken as Jasmine won't join the fighting anymore, she just stands there idly watching by. don't know wha'ts the deal (Im using all your files except the patch000.dat since game's one seemes more up to date).

I'm aware You're done with the mod, however perhaps a little tutorial on how to all of us should fix this issue in the future ( what files should we copy to updated patch000.dat?), and perhaps we could get that 488.pro fixed?

I'm assuming it's because jasmine should use 488.pro as a unique jasmine basemodel, instead of her base proto beeing generic .pro file. this was discussed in the past ( even in this very topic) generic base proto doesn't work well for party NPCs, and her unique proto (which I assume to be 488.pro) seemes broken....

Huh.. i totally forgot about this one. Must've been drunkposting :p

Anyways the Jasmine party problems seemed to be corresponding to sfall-extended 4.2.9 bugs in certain scripts. Fortuneatly due to my consequency and Mr.Stalin's patience to hear me out, He managed to fix those issues, and provided a fix for those problems. I have no idea whether He made those fixes live yet, i only got them via PM.

as for CHA limits they are prolly the same as in original Fo2. Haven't bothered to check, I usually go for all 10's as i don't like to fuck around with too short blanket thingie a.k.a the so called SPECIAL distribution.

fck yeah 800th post and 4/5 bar

@arroyoman
Fallout nevada got a slight update and main patch000.dat files differ in size ( the one from your mod and the one from latest FoN have different size) Plus latest update to your mod broke something. one file critter 488.pro seemes broken ( it is not a typical .pro file in both Proto Manager nor in a hex editor).

So far the mod seemes broken as Jasmine won't join the fighting anymore, she just stands there idly watching by. don't know wha'ts the deal (Im using all your files except the patch000.dat since game's one seemes more up to date).

I'm aware You're done with the mod, however perhaps a little tutorial on how to all of us should fix this issue in the future ( what files should we copy to updated patch000.dat?), and perhaps we could get that 488.pro fixed?

I'm assuming it's because jasmine should use 488.pro as a unique jasmine basemodel, instead of her base proto beeing generic .pro file. this was discussed in the past ( even in this very topic) generic base proto doesn't work well for party NPCs, and her unique proto (which I assume to be 488.pro) seemes broken....
Sorry for the late reply... haven't checked on this thread for a long time because I was occupied with school stuff.

My memory isn't very good, since it's been a long time I've touched this mod, but if I remember correctly, the only reason that patch000.dat is needed is because of the base proto file of Raster (level 0) needs to be in the patch000.dat file.

As for the 488.pro file, I have no idea why is that. Maybe it is not even used by the mod, and I might have accidentally included it in the zip file.

I'll do some checking and hopefully fix it.

EDIT: I went onto my Google drive and downloaded the earliest version of the mod, replaced the 488.pro file, and checked using Proto Manager. Turns out, 488.pro was broken from the start. So I supposed it must have been a mistake to be included in the mod.

EDIT 2: Regarding Jasmine not attacking during combat - I usually play with the combat control mod, it makes combat more fun, and also makes testing easier. So I turned off combat control and tried attacking some NPCs and Jasmine, Raster and Dogmeat attacked like they are supposed to.

IMO it is maybe an exclusive problem to sfall extended 4.2.9? I am using sfall extended 4.2.6 that comes with the previous versions of fixed mod.

Last edited:
Jasmine shoots opponents from outside the ring at Las Vegas. And I always win :wiggle:

Oof. I still haven't found a way to fix the one at Raiders base, though. I anyone else got any suggestions on that I'd love to hear it.

Back