Cyberpunk: Edgerunner review

Absolutely. I feel like graphics from up to the PS1 era aged better than what came afterward. Should treat the artwork more as art, and not just a depiction. Reduce, minimise, downscale, stylise. Make games look shit again.

I like the trend in indie games to focus more on stylised instead of realistic graphics. Tends to make things easier and let's the developers focus on story and polish of gameplay. Boomer shooters are already doing it, now let's hope RPGs get there fast, too.
I expect many of the AAA games to become more open world games.

Open world has such an issue with structure though. I only like it in a few games. Often when I start an open world game up I lose interest.

Yeah. I often find that Open World games really lack a cohesive narrative. They just don't move forward like a more linear game might which has a tighter narrative.

I still remember how people praising Far Cry 3 for sightseeing potential. But then it was 2012.

I think Deus Ex model is much more preferable. Hub worlds with open map sort. I mean the ones in Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.

I was so disgusted with DE:HR I never played it past a couple hours. I should try again.

I still remember how people praising Far Cry 3 for sightseeing potential. But then it was 2012.

I think Deus Ex model is much more preferable. Hub worlds with open map sort. I mean the ones in Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.
The first Deus Ex was pretty decent.

Sure. I love it too. But there is also a bit of nostalgia. It is an "old" game after all. So it has it's flaws here and there. Particularly when you compare the last part of the game in Area51 with the midle of the game. It's still a true classic. But I think in overall level design and stylistically Deus Ex Human Revolution was better.

Open world has such an issue with structure though. I only like it in a few games. Often when I start an open world game up I lose interest.
You mean a distinct lack of structure in the chase for developers cutting corners to avoid putting together something cohesive in order to shovel things out faster player freedom?

Back