Dead Space 3 = Resident Evil 5 in space?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by zioburosky13, Jun 5, 2012.

1. mobucks

mobucks As a goof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Nice to see sea!

Dead Space 1 is another horror title that beat me. I got as far as some area where something big and nasty chases you after a cutscene. I was kaput on ammo, medkits, and money. I never finished it, it finished me. Looking back, maybe I should have run though the game on normal my first time through.

The above might be considered a bad thing by the masses, but I find it refreshing. The reason I put it on hard was, I figured, "this is a pussy console game no way is this difficult" Hah! One day, Dead Space, I will beat you.

2. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    It doesn't, if your partner starts playing the dude will show up, if your partner quits the dude wanders of.
    Carver does turn up as an NPC at certain points if you're playing it single player but only in the same function as other NPCs in the game.

Reminds me of Lost Planet, snow, big bug looking things and glowing power packs on the back showing how well you're doing. Kinda interested in picking up the first two.

3. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    If you liked the gameplay in Resident Evil 4 and 5, you'll like Dead Space 1 and 2. Over-the-shoulder, aim-at-those-limbs, upgrade-your-equipment, fast-paced horror survival.
    There were quite a few months in between my play-throughs of the original and the sequel, but I noticed no degradation of the "fun" factor.

4. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I just got my newest game mag in and guess what they are featuring? Gears of Space 3! Wait... is it Dead Planet 3? It looks like lame ass co-op whatever it is. Another good series bites the dust.

Why would they choose a lame ass ice planet for the location? It looks like they borrowed whatever they wanted from other franchises and melded it into one necromorph shit pile.

5. For NCR

For NCR It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 1, 2012
    *cough* Lost Planet *cough*

6. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    And yet, one of their initial claims about Dead Space 3 was that it was going to out-scary Resident Evil and Lost Planet.

You know, the Lost Planet that was never really meant to be scary in the first place.

For chrissakes you could purposefully get yourself eaten to kill a boss from the inside-out in Lost Planet 2!

YOU FLIP A TRAIN BY SHOOTING A GIANT CANNON THAT'S MOUNTED TO THE TRAIN.

7. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    While it's moving at a couple of hundred miles per hour. :V

Lost Planet one at least had some scary... scary-ish... jump scare sections that were pretty effective.

8. The_Noob

The_Noob It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 28, 2012
    EA needs to be destroyed.

9. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005

Not gonna happen, but I agree.

10. The_Noob

May 28, 2012
    I say we get the US government to recognize the company as a militant superpower that is attacking international citizens.

11. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005

The US government would probably just try to sell them weapons and train their militias.

12. The_Noob

May 28, 2012
    Now that would be funny.

I can see the headlines now:

"A recent battle over the custody of Call of Duty between EA and Infinity Ward has exploded into violence when their paramilitary forces went into battle outside of the courthouse. Due to heavy artillery, EA won."

13. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 24, 2004
  14. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    lol @ all the "EA took this game and turned it into shit!"-esque comments. Loud-mouth consumer ignorance is good for a laugh.
    Looks like Dead Space to me. Cry, cry.

EDIT:
    Here are some answers about making Dead Space 3 a "Gears of War game", straight from a <strike>EA Redwood Shores</strike> Visceral team member.

15. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Because the first Dead Space was a fast-paced linear corridor shooter centered around cooperative multiplayer.

16. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Never really liked Dead Space in the first place, but that was a bit a let-down. Nothing scary, just a Necromorph shooting gallery is all. The guy commenting didn't help, what with saying the words ''awesome'' and ''epic'' twice in every single sentence on average.

17. mobucks

mobucks As a goof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    the word epic needs to die a quick death

18. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005

I definitely wouldn't blame EA for this although it is easy to dislike them. I like how they aren't forcing a shitty AI partner into the single player, but it really is beginning to feel like co-op is taking over. Dead Space 1 and 2 were pretty creepy. Dead Space 3 doesn't look creepy in the slightest. It just feels like the same shit they did to Resident Evil 5 and 6. I wouldn't call it ignorant to care about a series that is losing focus and simply trying to cash in on co-op madness. Of course I will give it a shot, since I am a Dead Space fan (somewhat), but the original still looks like the best in the series so far.

19. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353788/ea-we-dont-want-to-pss-off-our-fans-with-dead-space-3/

"... so we embraced [the co-op] idea and we tried to open up the accessibility of the IP a little bit by adding a little bit more action, but not undermining the horror. We can't not be a horror game because that's what Dead Space is."

[...]

"In general we're thinking about how we make this a more broadly appealing franchise, because ultimately you need to get to audience sizes of around five million to really continue to invest in an IP like Dead Space.

"Anything less than that and it becomes quite difficult financially given how expensive it is to make games and market them."

Eh.

20. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    That quote hurt my brain. Lets make it appeal to everyone on the planet by adding co-op and lots of splosions! Not saying that is the case with Dead Space 3 necessarily, but it is getting kinda irritating. Oh well. :|