Does anyone remember ANY Fallout 3 characters?

zegh8578 said:
FalloutTroll said:

That bastard is th BOSS of placing himself in the middle of doorways.

Is there a doorway nearby? You can locate it, by looking for Fawkes, because he will be there to block it!

I suspect that may have been the inspiration for Unrelenting Force.

"Oh hey, our NPCs are still blocking doors? Lets make a power that revolves around a power that's very good at getting them out of the way!"

And so skyrim was born.

woo1108 said:
Enclave Sigma Soldier said:
Poor Enclave Beth ruined them. Made their "Adavanced Power Armor MK II" as strong as T-45d from before the war. *sigh
:lol:
Praise for Obsidian for enhance them.
just a joke but with mod that connect NV and fo3, AD powerarmor MKII fo3 version is very strong as hell.
but since their HP is only 50, ripper can kill them easily though.

I personally love the look of the original APA MK I and II from Fallout 2. I really don't understand why Bethesda had to redesign the armor. The original Enclave APA was so distinctive and evil and arguably insectoid. But I will say Hellfire was the best FO3 Enclave armor in terms of looks and protection. But I use Lexxs Classic Advanced Power Armor. Lexx is really a godsend.

I remember only three characters. 3dog - annoying dj, that fit Fallout 3 50s atmosphere as well as iPod would. Moira Brown - annoying bitch, either a psychopath or a TOTAL retard (her reaction after Megaton blew up). I also remember Liam Neeson, only because of his half-ass acting (you blew up entire town - he is mildly "disappointed" in you).

I haven't played in years and I remember quite a few from the vanilla game. Not necessarily because they were good. I was just obsessed with modding for awhile and played the game a lot. It's the DLC characters that I struggle to remember. I can't think of a single one off the top of my head. I also can't remember anyone from Rivet city or that ghoul city.

From the Vault

Amata (always complaining about something. How can you forget such an annoying character?)
Dad (Main story)
Butch (Had more personality than anyone else from the Vault.)
Overseer (does he have a name?)
Jonas (OH NO THEY MURDERED JONAS!)
Officer Gomez (because he is the only guard who isn't a douche/trying to murder you for no reason.)

Others

Colonel Autumn
Eden
Lucas Simms
Mister Burke
Elder Lyons
Sara Lyons
Moriarty
Moira Brown
Gob
Tenpenny
That ghoul who wants to take over Tenpenny Tower (Don't know his name)
MacCready

Characters that i supposed to remember :
- Sarah Lyons / Amata : Cliche underdevelloped love interests. (too bad i was female for my only playthrough... And unfortunatly hasn"t got any extra caps, for that...)
- Owyn Lyons : Cliche old leader, who suddenly forgot everything about super-mutants... It's not like your faction thought & studied them in the four previous games. Seems they copied too much traits from Maxson.
- Augustus Autunm : An Enclave face with no deph that happen to appear more than once.
- 3 dogs / Eden : I found them both great when i started playing. They tend to become repetitive after a few 1000 hours of exploring generic metros, killing generic ghouls. Both were disapointing when met. I expect them to be more talking since that's they're supposed to do, but they seem to talk less than generic rivet city guards. Also Eden can be to easily and casually asked to kill himself (why not change his goals ? Does he need to kill all his personnal and civilians ?) and 3 Dogs only talk about you, which get old pretty fast. It was a nice surprise to see Eden as robot, but a great disapointement to see that 3 dogs had no fucking crew....
- Moira Brown : I think i will reload my Megaton savegame and take the dream crusher perk...
- Alphonse Almodovar : Kind of okay, but you can't beat old Jacoren...

- DAD/James : I very don't like Fo3 main storyline, as it make me feel i am special/destined to a fate, was born as unique, a storytelling device that i hate with all my guts, in any medium. (reminds how great was Fo2, when you could make fun of that kind of storytelling, by telling any other npc you see that you're the chosen one). Also, i don't like how personnal it get. The game (doesn't) manage to be at the same time a wide open sandbox, and do a main quest that make anything else irrelevant. Who would want to be Moira Brown personnal errand, if you were just kicked home, with no real purpose or interest in the outside, and looking for your only family member, not mentionning the fact that he hasn't told you yet why he left ? If it was the real deal, the lone wanderer would be dead, trying to find him less than a day later. Beside not liking the role on its own, i found myself liking the guy enough to care about him, being impressed by his calm and the things he managed to do. Considering that i (unroleplayingly) got to him after doing everything else, he got to live well long, for a character expected to bite the dust soon.

Characters that i will actually remember :

- Little Lamplight, as the worse human community of any medium. Considering they don't allow children killing, they make fool of us, by making them jerkass AND unable to be avoided, (I wish eulogy jones quest was repeatable), not mentionning the fact that they make no sense at all. (are jerkass children falling from the sky because of radiation ?)

- Brotherhood Outcast : The faction i was the most interested in. Like any faction besides Lyons BOS, you barely scratch the surface...

- Burke : He made one hell an impression when i first met him. Then there was painfully nothing more to learn about him.

- Stanislas Braun/Betty : Considering the isolation of Vault 112, it's like a DLC, but i really think that they actually did something that make some sense and is intriguing. I kinda like both the man, his avatar, and the wolrd he created. Too bad there is no consequences afterwards. Also, considering that the failsafe couldn't be found without a game guide, the game actually force you to be a kid and kill adults, while forbid you to be an adult and kill children. What the developper are trying to say ?

- Horace Pinkerton : Don't remember much of what he is saying, but i liked the jerkass skilled hermit, that everyone has long forgotten, and know more about the waste, but don't care.

- Dashwood/Argyle : Not lore relevant, but fun anyway...

- Bigsley : At the time i met him, i was so surprised a Fo3 character could still have a personnality. His thoughts are great, while some of his quests makes no sense. Before acqua pura, clean water was rare, so expensive. Afterwards, it was produced in large quantity, and given for free. So it doesn't have any value and it is not worthy to attack water caravan, or even care about them. I would rather see dead brahmin, water on the side, but dead guards striped for their guns and armors.

- Butch : At the time i got him as a companion i though it was a good character developement, and a nice twist. Butch wasn't a bad man. He was just dumb. Then i also realised he is almost the only companion that has a background and personnality. Most other companions got bought for 1000 caps, have no dialogs before the trade and only generic answers after that. Fawkes was also a disapointement. The only mutant that can talk and he has half the charisma of Harry the dumb dumb.

- Werner : Quite a nice twist to find out he is at least as bad as Ashur. (to be fair, Ashur is underdevellopped, and has his share of "attributed" evilness)

- ALL THE ROBOTS ! ! ! Seriously, i think the robots are the only redeeming quality of Fo3... Until New Vegas came along and topped that...

Still hasn't finished Point Lookout, so that's it.

I'm a fan of Dukov. Wish there was more of him in the game. I wish you could have owned his place too because it was kick ass. Also like Mr. Burke and pretty much any character Wes Johnson voices (Stop right there, criminal scum!). I use to listen to the enclave station while I'd play because Malcolm McDowell's voice is soothing. Three Dog was also pretty fun and I actually thought Moira was kind of funny/quirky though she sounds a bit too much like Sarah Palin.

Just as a quick topic I was wondering if anyone actually remembers any. I'm really thinking here but none were very memorable.

I'll just say the ones I do remember: James, Fawkes, Dogmeat, Three Dog, Reilly's Rangers, Tenpenny. There was that cowboy guy in Megaton and uhh...oh boy I thought I remembered more but no, that's it. What about you?

Moira. Duh!
3q68.jpg

And how could you forget the Tunnel Snakes? They rule! :lol:

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Dukov. Wish there was more of him in the game. I wish you could have owned his place too because it was kick ass. .

There are mods that allow it. I've seen a few, but i recommand "owned". It allows to own every places that lost their original owners.
I found the character funny too, but it made no sense that he was there, in the middle of super-mutant territory, or even in United State east coast.

Fawkes, Dogmeat, James, Catherine, Moira, Dogmeat, Butch, That Protectron in the back of the Super Duper Mart, Agatha, Cromwell, Lucas Simms, Overseer, Overseer, Overseer, Overseer, Amata, Lugnut.

...Overseer.

So yup.

Back