Doom 4?

zioburosky13

Vault Senior Citizen
News

Mesquite, TX – May 7, 2008 – id Software announced today that production has begun on DOOM 4™, the next journey into the legendary DOOM universe. id Software is expanding its internal team and is currently hiring to work on this highly anticipated title.

“DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth,” said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. “It’s critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles.”

They are hiring now too.

Its an id title so i'm looking forward to it - since it will most likely feature tech 5 and hence open spaces and more prolly hordes of demons.

I'm more intrested in rage but this is a nice surprise - and no i wont mind if it will be nothing mindboggling gameplaywise. - its an id game afterall :P

Can anyone believe I've never played ANY of the Doom games from 1 to 3? Guess it's time to give it a try, at least Doom 3... good preparation for the 4th :mrgreen:

What's the overall rating for each of the Doom games, by the way?

Makenshi said:
Can anyone believe I've never played ANY of the Doom games from 1 to 3? Guess it's time to give it a try, at least Doom 3... good preparation for the 4th :mrgreen:

I loaded up DoomI and II once... The first screen gave me a flashback that took me through all those years playing the games and suddenly... I did not have the urge to play anymore.... -THATS just how much I played DoomI&II.

DAMN YOU! I read your posts and I suddenly felt the need to play the first game again.

Makenshi said:

Doom 3 is a solid shooter. Not very revolutionary or anything but its fun and intense. I bought it used for like 15 bucks and it was worth every penny.

[PCE said:
el_Prez]Doom 3 is a solid shooter. Not very revolutionary or anything but its fun and intense. I bought it used for like 15 bucks and it was worth every penny.

Yeah, its a pretty fun shooter in its own rights, nothing like some of the more story heavy shooters but not every game has to tell a story of political intrigue or epic proportions.

Even the expansion was okay, though they could have added some more weapons and a better ending.

I wonder how much of the game consists of staring at a black screen listening to things shuffle around in the dark thinking "Gee I sure hope I find that flashlight...".

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller said:
I wonder how much of the game consists of staring at a black screen listening to things shuffle around in the dark thinking "Gee I sure hope I find that flashlight...".

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Well, if it's anything like the third one, that'll only last 15 minutes, then you have a flashlight the whole game. Which of course leads you to think, "WTF can't I find a damn roll of duct tape and just tape this blasted thing to my shotgun!?" for the r-e-s-t o-f t-h-e g-a-m-e.

You know I have most of Doom 1-2 imprinted on my head and know them like I would know my own house, sadly that goes to WoW to.

But yes one of the weak points of Doom 3 was the lack of shoulder flashlight.

the quakes were ok,

doom 1 was good
quake 1 was good
doom 2 was good
quake 2 sucked
never played quake 3
doom 3 sucked
quake 4 was meh, first act was good, act 2 and 3 sucked.

Doom 3 was great at creating a scary atmosphere (until you realized that every slightly sunken wall panel held a zombie, and most of the ammo/armor pickups would spawn enemies behind you).

I really doubt Doom 4 is going to be as revolutionary (graphically) for the series as 3 was... which is what all of the hype was based around, and what made it such a success.

cazsim83 said:
The Vault Dweller said:

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Well, if it's anything like the third one, that'll only last 15 minutes, then you have a flashlight the whole game. Which of course leads you to think, "WTF can't I find a damn roll of duct tape and just tape this blasted thing to my shotgun!?" for the r-e-s-t o-f t-h-e g-a-m-e.

I suprisingly found that duct tape, it's hidden in one of the containers that is labelled "mods", the passcode is "extract to Doom 3 folder".

:lol:

DarkLegacy said:
cazsim83 said:
The Vault Dweller said:

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

I suprisingly found that duct tape, it's hidden in one of the containers that is labelled "mods", the passcode is "extract to Doom 3 folder".

:lol:

Flashlight mod definitely made the game more enjoyable.

Sounds good, I quite liked Doom 3. It wasn't anything special but it was a solid shooter.

ductape+flashlight mod is pretty much required unless you like getting frustrated to death.

seriously, a tiny Fenix L2D gives 130 lumen for 2.5 hours and scales down to 9 lumen for 55 hours. that's 2 AA penlite batteries. let alone a huge Maglite 4D wannabe light from Doom.

ductape it to the gun already if you dont have a headlight or a shoulder light!

Back