It Wandered In From the Wastes
What are your predictions about it?

I think I can make a few myself

The Dominion and The Empire will be in some sort of conflict

The Psijic Order will get involved on behalf of The Empire

Dragons will still be around, but in smaller numbers

The gameplay will be dumbed down more

Mods will end up putting money in Bethesda's pockets

The guy who gets high and wrote books for Skyrim will get higher and write more books, and will confuse more people

Bethesda might show the Dominion goals a bit more clearly. They defintely trusted the player to go out and find out that stuff for themselves in Skyrim, but the effect for most players is that they just thought the Dominion just wanted to be Elf Nazis.

I hope there's settlement building. That would be cool in an Elder Scrolls game. A good story line is vital. Some DLC too.
There had better be a naked mod.

You see that mountain? You can climb it.
Yeah, Empire vs. Dominion.
Kinda hard to tell where it's gonna take place. Valenwood would be cool.
Other than that, settlement building is coming, of course. RPG elements can't really be streamlined any further, so I don't think they'll change much in that area.
You'll start off as a prisoner, obviously.

Just streamline it until it barely resembles a video game let alone an RPG of any kind. Push A on your controller to win.
EDIT: Don't forget some kind of gimmicky as fuck cell phone integration.

Building a castle would be nice. Being the leader of a knightly order would be cool.

Also Valenwood is kinda hard to do without people getting really mad over the... You know... Cannibalism

I think they should do cyrodil again, but this time you get to choose whether you want to destroy the empire completely or destroy the thalmor (you pick a side) and then there should be a main story too.

I think it should start off in a prison as usual, but with a twist.
I want to start off in a strip club, with loads of naked imperial, nord and high elf women (no dunmer, bosmer or beastfolk though), and you are just about to score with this super hot busty imperial babe, but then it gets raided by the guards, you are arrested for possession of illegal skooma and you are put in jail, then it goes as normal from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped skills altogether and went with the perk system like they did in Fallout 4.

Story will be lame, probably. Questlines for factions will also be pretty silly, I guess. Lots of radiant quests too, probably, since they seem to have fully embraced that system, and Bethfans seem to like the whole radiant quest business anyway.

Decent graphics and atmosphere but very little depth in the world.

Tons of generic dungeons with generic loot in a generic world filled with generic npc's.

I expect some sort of settlement building element as well.

You will once again be able to join any faction, become leader of all of them, and don't really have to worry about choices, except maybe the whole Imperials vs. Dominion thing.

Maybe some better swordplay. They got a lot of shit about the swordplay not feeling realistic in Skyrim, and with Fallout 4 they massively improved gunplay, so I think it's fair to assume they're going to work on that. It'll be a streamlined, well controlled action game.

I'm not yet sure about the whole paid mods thing. I think even Bethdrones are not gonna like having to pay for their mods and implementing a paid mod system might just be shooting themselves in the proverbial foot. Some marketing guru will have to take a look at that.

All in all I don't think it's going to be a bad game, but just not the kind of game I'd like to play.

The game will start with the main character walking around in a Dwemer city, in a time before the Dwemer disappear. The character will then be captured by Dwemer Centurions and thrown in jail. He (I will refer to the PC as male) is then taken to a court where the Judge reads all the relevant information about the character (it is the character generator scene) and sentenced to be exiled into a different plane of existence using a big steampunk+magical portal gadget.
After that the screen goes black. Then all of a sudden the screen goes white and blurry. The image clears and the character is in the ruins of the room where the portal used to exile him was located.
The Dwemer are gone, the entire city is in ruins and the character has to escape it. Mechanical sentinels and defenses attack the player because they recognise him as a criminal. Before he can escape the city he has to defeat a Legendary Dwemer Centurion, luckily there is a Magical Dwwemer Steam-Powered Heavy Armor that will help the character to fight that legendary enemy. After that the character is awarded with a Legendary Weapon.
After the player escapes the ruined city it reaches the surface (it's an underground city). It is all different from what the character can remember. The story of the Exiled starts.
There is no skills, only perks.
Legendary enemies.
Only four dialogue options.
One of those dialogue options will be sarcastic.
Settlement building.
The player can craft Dwemer Robots that can be used as followers.
Followers will give perks once their relationship score will reach max.
Followers will like the player more if he picks locks, craft potions, picks the sarcastic dialogue option, etc.
I think you all know what I mean by now. :lmao:

It will have an incredibly mediocre story, terrible voice acting, dumbed down RPG mechanics (likely Perks only a la FO4), clunky combat, extremely buggy, with extreme hand-holding (quest compasses and journal entries that always tell you exactly how to solve every simple quest.. Hell, maybe the game will just walk your character for you).

Yet for some reason it will get rave reviews, kids who have never played an actual CRPG will call it "The most epic RPG video game ever made!" and Todd Howard will sacrifice another virgin in thanks to the Prince of Darkness... But at least the soundtrack will be nice, albeit very familiar.

Building a castle would be nice. Being the leader of a knightly order would be cool.

Also Valenwood is kinda hard to do without people getting really mad over the... You know... Cannibalism
Valenwood would be pretty hard to do what with the moving tree cities. That'd take a pretty beefy computer to run.

Did anyone else notice that when fallout 3 jumped 200 years after the war and was successful then skyrim jumped 200 years after oblivion?

Another ultra casual consolized crapfest written by idiots for idiots. It will have the most boring, poorly written plot and characters as usual for Bethesda.

There will be at least $50 of Tamriel Workshop DLC as part of the $100 Season Pass and 99% of the quests will be procedurally generated MMO garbage.

Last edited:
by idiots for idiots
yup
bethesda.png

Well... it can't get much worse than fo4 right?
That's what many of us thought after F3 ... if there is one thing you should never say, then that it can't get any worse. Imagine if they SERIOUSLY get the idea to combine the world of Fallout and the Elderscrolls somehow, where theay say, you know! The Elderscrolls is simply Fallout a couple of thousand years ago! Or a different plane or something like that ... and Fallout 5 will have magic and Dragons. So yeah, things can get worse :p.

Back