Elder Scrolls Six predictions

If you want to be technical you can turn off quest markers in Skyrim by deselecting the quest in the menu. There's no negatives to it.

10a. No radiant quests.
Uhh.... you sure about that? I mean, hell, my first Elder Scrolls game ever was Skyrim (back when I was young and retarded, yet unbaptized by the Fire that is Dark Souls), and even back then I was so fucking pissed off at the Night Mother constantly giving me this quests that have no point to the Dark Brotherhood and the gameworld at large, other than giving me 'something to do'.

And then they went full retard with it in Fallout 4. Thank God I didn't spend a dime nor a second of my life for that piece of shit (other than, well, discussing about it here in NMA and other websites). And we didn't hear much criticism to that, probably because the hotter criticism went to the dialogue wheel and the voiced protagonist (that's also still defended to death by Bethesdrones), and so far pretty much the only thing commented by Todd was the dialogue wheel 'not received as expected' (instead of outright admitting it was a mistake). And holy shit, I read in this site's news or the Codex, Bethesda actually called Preston Garvey giving radiant quests over and over again 'as a bug' :lmao:

No, there will be no actual quests in their next project. I'm going for realist-pessimistic approach here, basing my speculation on what happened in the past and took the worst case scenario. There will be only radiant quests. Period.

If you want to be technical you can turn off quest markers in Skyrim by deselecting the quest in the menu. There's no negatives to it.
You cannot complete the the vast majority quests in Skyrim without the quest markers. There is simply not enough dialogue explaining how to get places.

The whole point is that games used to actually make you find places based on directions. It required some semblance of brain power and added to the immersion and exploration of the game world. Now you can pretty much set your controller/keyboard to autopilot or fast travel and go there.

Last edited:
As per OP's topic, I'm predicting Todd telling sweet little lies, Bethesda fanboys and the mainstream gushing over said lies due to the hype train, Emil taking a literary dump on paper and presenting it as the main story (Empire vs Thalmor, no grey areas only black and white morality etc) and more dumbing down like no skills, no real way to influence the story etc. The end result is a train-wreck that the mainstream will eat up for the first few weeks before logic returns and people call them out a little faster since the game will essentially be Fallout 4 with swords.

I remember when Morrowind used to give directions, they even used landmarks as markers to indicate whether you were close to or far from the location you were meant to go. Even Oblivion knew how to give directions and quest markers together (though it may have been better to ditch quest markers in hindsight). Skyrim does not bother with directions which makes it impossible to find locales unless you purposefully ignored all the in-game content and explored blindly.
Quest markers should not have to be the main means of locating anything in a game. They should be optional while ensuring that the alternative remains a viable option to locate anything.

Here's a journal entry for a quest in Morrowind (you can find them on Wikis and while playing Morrowind) just to compare how directions have been handled in recent Elder Scrolls games:
I was told that to get to Drulene Falen's herd, I should take the road to Gnisis, take the left fork as soon as I enter the hills, then take the next fork to the right. Drulene is almost due west of Ald'ruhn.
Now, Oblivion:
Lord Rugdumph tells me that his daughter was out picking rocks, and he fears she may have been taken away by a band of ogres that are known to live east of the estate. I am to find and return her.
And finally, Skyrim:
Astrid has agreed to let me see Amaund Motierre in the dungeon known as Volunruud, as commanded by the Night Mother. I'm to speak with Motierre, and find out what he wants.

Using FO4 as an indicator for their future games, I have no hopes for TES 6.

1. I thought it made for some interesting lore and a continuation of the story.
Well if Mc Donalds decides to give you 2 Burgers instead of just 1 for the same price, they might say that they changed their menue but it's still kinda just more of the same.

You cannot complete the the vast majority quests in Skyrim without the quest markers. There is simply not enough dialogue explaining how to get places.

The whole point is that games used to actually make you find places based on directions. It required some semblance of brain power and added to the immersion and exploration of the game world. Now you can pretty much set your controller/keyboard to autopilot or fast travel and go there.

Guy defending Bethesda greeting his followers with "salutations"?
1382287300542.png

Usually they add a map marker to where you're supposed to go, so you could probably map out a route on your map. You can also use the main roads pretty easy since they have those posts with the directions to whichever city on their intersections.

I will admit though that there are defintely quests that would be difficult if not impossible because of the weak/nonexistent directions.

Usually they add a map marker to where you're supposed to go, so you could probably map out a route on your map. You can also use the main roads pretty easy since they have those posts with the directions to whichever city on their intersections
You're missing the point hardcore man.
I will admit though that there are defintely quests that would be difficult if not impossible because of the weak/nonexistent directions.
Oh, do you mean all of them?

Oh, do you mean all of them?

Yeah, the vast majority. The closest they give to real directions is when they have a woman direct you to Bleak Falls Barrow, and the majority of the time it's go here with no real substance and you have to hope that the side road you're going on leads to your goal and you won't be romping off in the wrong ruin. Irks me a lot actually, especially when I'm trying to get somewhere and all they say is that it's near a city or something.

You're missing the point hardcore man.

Yeah I realized that and now I'll have to atone with it by spurting out Bethesda memes in the vain hope I won't be torn to shreds by the NMA forum.
image.jpg

Let's analyze your posts, shall we?
First:
you can turn off quest markers in Skyrim by deselecting the quest in the menu. There's no negatives to it.
Then when someone points out why this is incorrect:
Usually they add a map marker to where you're supposed to go, so you could probably map out a route on your map. You can also use the main roads pretty easy since they have those posts with the directions to whichever city on their intersections.

Then when another person points out this is also inaccurate:
Yeah, the vast majority...Yeah I realized that and now I'll have to atone with it by spurting out Bethesda memes in the vain hope I won't be torn to shreds by the NMA forum.
Maybe stop insinuating negative things about NMA users for simply pointing out that your statements are inaccurate.

Last edited:
Back