Encyclopædia Dramatica

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by OakTable, Nov 27, 2009.

1. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    yeah thats pretty much how I feel about whatever the fuck these guys are talking about.

2. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    TVTropes is a site that could be good if it were actually properly edited, unfortunately it's not.

Many of the articles are written by butthurt people, either on the subject they are butthurt about or the group who inflicted the pain. Most of the rest are things that people found funny on /b/, which results in a lot of crap, or by people by those guys who used to be (or are) the annoying kids who think they are hilarious but aren't. The good stuff requires far too much digging through crap and reading of retardese therein to be worthwhile.

What the site lacks most is wit, which I'd say is due to who and what it reflects.

3. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    Butthurt? Why, good sir Garlic, butthurt pages fill up 70% of the deletion log, and we always revert butthurt edits. And besides, wit isn't necessary for humor, unless you are some highbrow sophisticate.

And TvTropes is awesome. It's just fine the way it is. I have idea what your idea of "proper" editing is, though. Elaborate, please?

4. jero cvmi

jero cvmi Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 8, 2008
    fixed.

ED brings to mind little kids in a playground that pick on the fat kid, each one deperately trying to look older and cooler and fit in the bandwagon. except kids sometimes are kind of witty.

talk about internet failures.

sometimes i wish we were stil in the pre-internet age, when there was no place to make every sad prick's brainfarts publicly available.

5. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    That's the beauty of it for god's-sake.

6. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    One of those sites I only read when someone links them to me. I don't really want to but I keep clicking. Yeah, kinda like TV Tropes. Just more retarded.

The populace at large is also susceptible to sex.

7. Deadman87

Deadman87 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 7, 2008
    Some segments of this "/b" culture is indeed funny, but i find most of it to be some disgusting pleasure of watching other suffer combined with own social retardation and/ or lack of empathy.

Must be a psychopaths heaven.

I honestly don't get what's so funny to watch a video of people getting killed for example. And I'm glad I dont'.

8. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    People are strange.

9. OakTable

Nov 26, 2009
    The beauty of it is no one is serious about all that stuff. There are women, black people, Jews, and Aspies even though the ED articles blast them. No one really finds 9/11 amusing.

And I really don't think I am a psychopath.

10. Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jul 9, 2004
    Anything one might find funny on ED is available here, except you don't need to sift through all of the incoherent bullshit.

11. Casey fucking Ryback

Casey fucking Ryback First time out of the vault

Aug 5, 2009
    Hah, visited that site and it was nothing like I remembered, now it's filled with ads and hideous gif's.

Uncyclopedia is much nicer to look at, and has some funny content, but I do think dramatica is funnier, if you can stand the awful web-page without vomiting, I cant.

12. PastaMasta

PastaMasta Mildly Dipped

Sep 25, 2008
    It's mind numbing and completely disproves darwin's theory of natural selection, but some of the articles are fucking fantasticly hilarious. Although some of it is pretty unnecesary.

13. OakTable

Nov 26, 2009
    Those sons-of-bitches, commercializing our shit. Also, they are boring. I want to see gore and horrifying pictures, not some fag in a lab coat taking shit from /b/ and recycling it into their SFW show. At least ED has some original content and not old or forced memes.

One of the best pages is Indiana.

14. Deadman87

Deadman87 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 7, 2008
    Not one of those guys are serious? I mean, I get your point, and it's the abhorrent racism and jokes about 9/11 which makes a lot of it funny, but I honestly just feel that sometimes there are a lot of people who really *mean* what they are saying. And it just simply stops beeing funny.

15. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
    In every joke there is a bit of truth.