FacetiousF*ckBoy's Fallout 4 review

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by SarcasticGoodGuy, Sep 20, 2016.

1. SarcasticGoodGuy

SarcasticGoodGuy *R O T T E N*

Aug 31, 2016
    Nah, where's the family member? Where's the juicy main story hook that Bethesda games are known for? I'm sorry @DR_LaZer but you can't beat Emil P.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  2. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    More than meets the eye. SS lives with it's spouse in upper class suburbia, they treat each other rather nice. Why? Because he's in military and she is a lawyer, a hefty cash occupation. They have a working sentient multi-functional robo-butler, something not every family could afford, a nuclear-powered car which can be expensive since the technology is rather new, and so on. This is like 1% of idyllic paradise island on a 99% of sea of shit. No, we're getting deep enough.

3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, whoever thought it would be a good idea to cast a scottish actress as an irish character should be drowned in piss.

"Traumatized war veteran"? Is that ever actually mentioned? It's mentioned that he's a decorated war hero and his way to a veteran's something, but other than that? Can't remember any talk about money issues, either...

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  4. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    They apparently thought that Scotland and Ireland is the same thing. Likewise most in the US misses Russian Federation with other CIS state.
    Bethesda is full of uneducated ignorants then. They should bash their parents for poor education, not taking warming urine bath.

5. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    Done

Wow, I never played TW3, this might have sold me.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  6. Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor dear god, the scrapping

Apr 18, 2015
    HOLY SHIT, that's what I'm missing in TW3? God-fucking-damn, no wonder Fallout 4 was defended so zealously from those bethesdrones, Fallout 4 looks like absolute shit to a modern game like TW3! LOL, why couldn't they make a shanty town/city of people creating another Hub City? Hell they could've easily done that in Nuka World, or Far Harbor...now that I think of it, it looks like TW3 is even bigger than F4 in terms of mapsize...goddamn...they definitely need to get rid of the old ass engine and get a new fucking one, hell, even a meh Unreal Engine (like the one used in Killing Floor 2) would've been 1000x better than their Gamebryo engine.

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  7. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    The Witcher is the world's largest game with 80% consisting of riding through empty nothing or identical villages.

It's also probably the best video game of all time.

Kind of an irony there.

8. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    Don't forget about GTAV, a game earlier released for 7th gen consoles. Pathetic, Bethesda, absolutely pathetic.

9. DirtyOldShoe

Dec 15, 2015
    Half the battle my friend. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. If Bethesda had a new engine, I'm afraid they would still be thinking small. Their new engine will be for more things to go boom better. I can tell that that TW3 city was designed and written by a group of writers, not a group of "ninjas" as Bethesda calls them. Jack of all trades, masters of none.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 7
  11. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    The original The Witcher is kind of awful. :)

12. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    Thank you for writing this early so I could free myself from wasting any time on this article.

13. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Seriously, it's 90% running through swamps to go after Alvin the Teleporting Child-Hitler.

:)

14. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    That "empty nothing" of the witcher's world is called plausible wilderness areas in between plausibly sized settlements (each of which supports probably as many npcs as half of the fo4 gameworld)

The guy literally hunts monsters as his JOB, which by definition, mostly live in the wilderness and not where people do.

If the map was stupidly busy with an incoherent mess of themepark-styled one-off elements and joke locations, like a certain other game we've seen, it would 1: be idiotic and 2: not fit with the bulk of the gameplay and setting.

It's also hand-designed wilderness with hand placed loot and hand placed enemy spawns, that make sense. The only thing it's empty of is the sort of lazy nonsensical map design we've come to expect from BGS.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  15. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    All, I'm saying is it's a pain in the ass to ride Roach across the fucking map to do each quest versus just having them more nicely placed together.

Acceptable Breaks from RealityTM.

16. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Has DOS format just straight up been forgotten?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    It's why we need Morrowind style Fast travel, where you actually need transports...

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  18. DirtyOldShoe

Dec 15, 2015
    Ignored by both parties I'm afraid, But there's a hero if you look inside your heart, you don't have to be afraid of what you are. There's an answer, if you reach into your soul, and the sorrow that you know will melt away. And then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on and you cast your fears aside and you know you can survive.
    So when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong and you'll finally see the truth.
    That a hero lies in you.

I believe in you @R.Graves

Make me proud.

19. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Did you just proposition me to write a review of fallout 4 in DOS format?

• [Like] [Like] x 1