Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GanymeDes- said:
Knowing Sulik I don't want to see the family resemblance.

I dunno, if you remove the bone and give him some hair, he might be at least more of a looker than he is now.

@touriste
I'm talking about the unmodded version. I was sure that the brothers were:
Leather armor
Combat Armor
Power Armor
in that order.
I can't find any confirmation online though. Might ask a friend who's playin a clean install.

Not sure which thread this belongs in, or whether killap or Wild_qwerty understands the work of the other better.

I recently used the MultiMod Installer that Wild_qwerty made, so I could play MIB88's Megamod while waiting for RP v1.2. (MM doesn't have an installer for idiots like Restoration Project does.)

Everything appeared to be working. The title screen shows the correct version, the rock by Klint is there. Only trouble is that there is no Kaga. I left Arroyo healed fully and expecting him like always. Nope. Went to Klamath, then all squares around Klamath, where I had several other encounters with trappers, rats, geckos, but still no Kaga. At level 6 now. All tasks in the Den finished. Walked all the way to VC with lots of other encounters and still never seen Kaga.

Obviously something is wrong but I don't know how to fix it. The MultiMod installer has all files in a single .dat file instead of multiple folders, which I don't know how to get into or change. Does anyone know how to fix this, or do I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch like I always did before?

I've got a bug when I play with the Restoration Project installed. When I go on the world map and try to travel, the game freezes for about 10 seconds, and then runs for about a second, and repeats that sequence of freezing/running ad infinitum.

Is this a known bug, or is it just me? Any way to fix it?

In case it helps, I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition, 2 gb RAM, 3.8 ghz Intel P4.

@Pwnzerfaust,

Find the 'ddraw.ini' file and open it with notepad.
I've never had to mess with it, but you can experiment with different worldmap and travel settings in the [misc] section. You might get it to work better.

Make a backup first - of course.

Check the Tech/bugs wiki below as well.

Morticia said:
Not sure which thread this belongs in, or whether killap or Wild_qwerty understands the work of the other better.

I recently used the MultiMod Installer that Wild_qwerty made, so I could play MIB88's Megamod while waiting for RP v1.2. (MM doesn't have an installer for idiots like Restoration Project does.)

Everything appeared to be working. The title screen shows the correct version, the rock by Klint is there. Only trouble is that there is no Kaga. I left Arroyo healed fully and expecting him like always. Nope. Went to Klamath, then all squares around Klamath, where I had several other encounters with trappers, rats, geckos, but still no Kaga. At level 6 now. All tasks in the Den finished. Walked all the way to VC with lots of other encounters and still never seen Kaga.

Obviously something is wrong but I don't know how to fix it. The MultiMod installer has all files in a single .dat file instead of multiple folders, which I don't know how to get into or change. Does anyone know how to fix this, or do I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch like I always did before?

Sounds like the ddraw.ini/ddraw.dll files are not in the main folder. Are they there?

Morticia said:
@Pwnzerfaust,

Find the 'ddraw.ini' file and open it with notepad.
I've never had to mess with it, but you can experiment with different worldmap and travel settings in the [misc] section. You might get it to work better.

Make a backup first - of course.

Check the Tech/bugs wiki below as well.

Wow, turned out compatibility mode was messing it up (tip from the wiki). For some reason it was set to compatibility mode for Windows 98/Windows ME. I just disabled that and boom, it works. Thanks for pointing me to that wiki

There's a comment on the technical info page about sfall causing crashes on multiple core processors. Are many people having that problem, and is it specific to F2RP? I certainly don't seem to have any trouble, but I'm not using any other mods atm. In any case, I've added an option in ddraw.ini to automatically set processor affinity to a single core, so you don't have to do it yourself every time you start fallout. (You could probably modify fallout2.exe with imgconfig to do the same thing permanently anyway.)

I've also fixed the save/load with the bonus move perk bug, since that was the only other engine bug I saw on the list. The 'bugs' with the gain xxx perks are intentional, as far as I'm aware; the perks add a point to the players extra stat rather than their base, so it should behave similar to a permanent mentat. I posted a script in the sfall thread that will move the bonus point from the extra to the base stat if you want to alter it.

Timeslip said:
The 'bugs' with the gain xxx perks are intentional, as far as I'm aware; the perks add a point to the players extra stat rather than their base.
Ah, ok. Well, Per would be the only guy to really comment here, but I shall take you word for it.

Thanks for the new release!

Thanks killap! :)

I think the ddraw files are in the main folder. Here is what mine looks like.
f2folder.gif

Text of ddraw.ini =
Code:
[Main]
;Change to 1 if you want to use command line args to tell sfall to use another ini file.
UseCommandLine=1

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[Sound]
;Set to 1 to enable eax.
;Not supported in the windows 9x version
;Requires supporting scripts to set appropriate eax effects for each map.
EAX=0

;Set to a value between 0 and 25 to choose the default eax environment
;This is the environment used in a new game until a script changes it
DefaultEnvironment=1

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[Speed]
;Set to 0 to disable everything in this section
Enable=1

;The speeds corrisponding to each slot in percent. (i.e. 100 is normal speed)
SpeedMulti0=50
SpeedMulti1=100
SpeedMulti2=150
SpeedMulti3=200
SpeedMulti4=300
SpeedMulti5=500
SpeedMulti6=1000
SpeedMulti7=100
SpeedMulti8=100
SpeedMulti9=100

;The initial speed at game startup
SpeedMultiInitial=100

[Graphics]
;Set to 0 for 8 bit fullscreen
;Set to 1 for 8 bit windowed
;Set to 2 for 16 bit fullscreen
;Set to 3 for 16 bit windowed
;Set to 4 for dx9 fullscreen
;Set to 5 for dx9 windowed
;Mode 1 requires your desktop colour depth to be set to 32 bit
;Windowed modes incur a performance hit. (Modes 1 and 5 more so than mode 3)
;The 16 bit colour modes cause movies to display incorrect colours, and slows down fades
;dx9 modes cause some corruption of movies, but not as bad as 16 bit colour modes
;16 bit colour modes only work in fallout 2
;dx9 modes work with fallout 1, but results in movies being completely corrupted
;A dx9 mode is required for any graphics related script extender functions to work (i.e. fullscreen shaders)
Mode=0

;Refresh the screen every x frames. Set to 0 to disable frameskipping.
;If you don't want frameskipping on initially, but may want to enable it later, set this to 1
;This has no effect in fullscreen mode or in dx9 modes
FrameSkip=0

;When fading the screen, multiply the time to fade by this value
;Value is a percentage, so a value of 100 leaves fade speed unchanged
;Only has an effect in 16 bit colour mode
FadeMulti=10

;If using a dx9 mode, this changes the resolution
;The graphics are simply stretched to fit the new window; this does _not_ let you see more of the map
GraphicsWidth=640
GraphicsHeight=480

;This changes the settings of the hardware scaler in graphics modes 4 or 5
;Set to 0 to disable, 1 to use only if screen res > 640x480, 2 to use if screen res != 640x480 or 3 to use always
;To use a hardware scaler a file called 'global.fx' must be placed in data\shaders, and must contain one technique with one or more passes
GlobalShaderMode=0

;Set to something other than 0 to apply a software scaler in graphics modes 4 or 5
;This can be used instead of, or in addition to, the hardware global.fx shader
;0 - Default scaler
;1 - 2xSai
;2 - SuperEagle
;3 - Super2xSai
;4 - hq2x
;5 - AdvancedMame2x
;6 - letterbox
;7 - no scaling
ScaleFilter=0

;Set to 1 for a linear texture filter, or 0 to disable
TextureFilter=0

[Input]
;Set to 0 to disable everything in this section
;This will also disable any input related script extender functions and the keyboard commands used to control other sections!
Enable=1

;Set to 1 to enable the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through your inventory
UseScrollWheel=1

;The mouse Z position is dividied by this modifier to calculate the number of inventory
;slots to scroll. My mouse moves 120 pixel in the z direction for one click of the mouse
;wheel, but this may vary depending on your mouse manufacturer and windows settings.
;Set to 0 to only ever scroll 1 click
ScrollMod=0

;Adjusts mouse sensitivity to some percentage of normal.
;Negative values are valid, if you want your mouse axis reversed for some reason
MouseSensitivity=100

;DX scancode of a key to press when the middle mouse button is clicked
;The default of 0x30 toggles between your two weapons
;Set to 0 to disable
MiddleMouse=0x30

;Set these to 1 if you want fallout to access the keyboard or mouse in background mode
BackgroundKeyboard=0
BackgroundMouse=0

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

;The modifier key you have to hold down to change any speed settings
;If set to 0 if you don't want to use a modifier key, or a DX scancode otherwise
;Set to -1 for either ctrl key, -2 for either alt key or -3 for either shift key
SpeedModKey=-1

;A key to press to toggle the speed tweak on or off
;Specify 0 if you don't want a toggle key, or a DX scancode otherwise
SpeedToggleKey=0x00

;The keys corrisponding to the 10 speed slots
;Set to 0 to disable a slot, otherwise specify the DX scancode of the key you want to use
SpeedKey0=0x52
SpeedKey1=0x4f
SpeedKey2=0x50
SpeedKey3=0x51
SpeedKey4=0x4b
SpeedKey5=0x4c
SpeedKey6=0x4d
SpeedKey7=0x00
SpeedKey8=0x00
SpeedKey9=0x00

;The modifier key you have to hold down to change any graphics settings
;Set to 0 if you don't want to use a modifier key, or a DX scancode otherwise
;Set to -1 for either ctrl key, -2 for either alt key or -3 for either shift key
GraphicsModKey=-2

;Increase/decrease frame skip.
IncreaseFrameSkip=0x51
DecreaseFrameSkip=0x4f

;Toggle the global shader on or off
ToggleGlobalShader=0x52

;Changes the current scaleing and texture filters
CycleScaleFilter=0
ToggleScaleFilter=0
ToggleTextureFilter=0

;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[Misc]
;Everything in this section only applies to fallout 2!

;Time limit in years. Must be between -3 and 13
;Set to 0 if you want to die the instant you leave arroyo
;Set to -1 to remove the time limit, and automatically reset the date back to 2241 each time you would have reached it
;Set to -2 to remove the time limit without reseting the date. The game will lock up on 8th of March 2255
;Set to -3 to remove the time limit, automatically reset the date, but override fallouts GetDate function to return the correct year
TimeLimit=13

;Set to 1 to enable additional scripting functions
ScriptExtender=1

;Set to 1 to apply the perception fix to the sharpshooter perk
SharpshooterFix=1

;Set to 1 to fix the pathfinder perk (25% travel time reduction with 1 level, 50% reduction with 2)
PathfinderFix=1

;World map travel time percentage modifier
;Modifies how fast in game time passes while you're moving around the map screen without affecting encounter rate
;The pathfinder fix needs to be turned on for this to work
;100 is normal speed, 0 stops time from passing
WorldMapTimeMod=100

;This will change the physical speed at which you move across the map
;Set to 0 to leave at the default. (i.e. limited by vwait in windowed mode, or by processor speed in fullscreen)
;If set to something other than 0, it enforces a maximum fps on the world map screen.
;Changing this to something other than 0 is not recommended if you've already applied a world map speed patch to your fallout exe.
WorldMapFPS=0

;Only set to 1 if your systems high performance timer is unreliable for some reason
ForceLowResolutionTimer=0

;Set to 1 to enable Ray's patch to make world map encounter rate independent of your travel speed
WorldMapEncounterFix=1
WorldMapEncounterRate=5

;Obsolete, but can still be used if you know what it does.
;WorldMapDelay=0

;The number of slots available in the locations list panel of the world map
;Set to 0 to leave unchanged. 17 is default.
;Setting this greater than 17 requires a replacement background frm, or you'll get glitched graphics
WorldMapSlots=0

;Setting this to 1 fixes the bug that can cause the locations list to become unresponsive
WorldMapCitiesListFix=1

;To start a new game somewhere other than artemple.map, uncomment the next line and set it to the map you want to load
;StartingMap=

;To change the 'FALLOUT II v1.02d' version string on the main menu, uncomment the next line
;You can use up to 2 %d's in this, if you want to include fallouts version number somewhere
;VersionString=

;To use a config file other than fallout.cfg, uncomment the next line and add the name of your new file
;ConfigFile=

;To use a patch file other than patch000.dat, uncomment the next line and add your new file name
;If you want to use multiple patch files, you can include a %d in the file name
;The original file is patch%03d.dat
;PatchFile=

;To change the default and starting player models, uncomment the next four lines.
;The default models can also be changed ingame via script
;MaleStartModel=hmwarr
;MaleDefaultModel=hmjmps
;FemaleStartModel=hfprim
;FemaleDefaultModel=hfjmps

;To change the various ingame movies, modify the next 17 lines
;Most of these can also be changed ingame via script.
Movie1=iplogo.mve
Movie2=intro.mve
Movie3=elder.mve
Movie4=vsuit.mve
Movie5=afailed.mve
Movie6=adestroy.mve
Movie7=car.mve
Movie8=cartucci.mve
Movie9=timeout.mve
Movie10=tanker.mve
Movie11=enclave.mve
Movie12=derrick.mve
Movie13=artimer1.mve
Movie14=artimer2.mve
Movie15=artimer3.mve
Movie16=artimer4.mve
Movie17=credits.mve

;To change the starting year, month or day, uncomment the next 3 lines
;StartYear=-1
;StartMonth=-1
;StartDay=-1

;To change the limit of the distance away from the player to which you're allowed to scroll the local maps, uncomment the next two lines
;Defaults are 0x1E0 in the x direction and 0x190 in the y direction.
;LocalMapXLimit=480
;LocalMapYLimit=400

;To add additional perks to the game, uncomment the next line and set it to point to a file containing perk information
;PerksFile=Perks.ini

;Set to 1 if you want the pipboy to be available at the start of the game
PipBoyAvailableAtGameStart=0

;Set to 1 to double the number of available kill types
;If you use this, you need to provide the extra descriptions in proto.msg (entries from 1450 to 1487 are names and 1488 to 1525 are descriptions)
;Changing this option mid game will not invalidate old save games, but the players kill counters will be completely screwed.
;Setting this to 1 may cause problems if the player kills more than 32767 of any one critter type
ExtraKillTypes=0

;Choose the damage formula used to calculate combat damage
;0 - Fallout default
;1 - Glovz's AP ammo mod
;2 - Glovz's tweaked version of the original formula
DamageFormula=0

;Prevents you from using 0 to escape from dialogue at any time.
DialogueFix=0

;Set to 1 to disable the horrigan encounter
DisableHorrigan=0

;Set to 1 to disable the random element in npc levelling.
;This will cause all npc party members to automatically level up as soon as the player reaches the requirements
NPCAutoLevel=0

;Change the initial starting location and world map viewport
;Leave at -1 for default
StartXPos=-1
StartYPos=-1
ViewXPos=-1
ViewYPos=-1

Sorry for the huge post :(
I didn't touch anything in ddraw.ini

Some mapping issues in EPA warehouse area:

-All of the Air Processing Units ground pipe sections can be walked through at the back of Doctor's warehouse.

-All the street lights are out of placement (should be on street instead of asphalt).

-There is a large piece of broken roof floating south of warehouse.

-Bad tiling on multiple walls at warehouse undeground area (only one part of the same wall tile is used).

Also in EPA level blue, the middle suspension tank has longer wall section than the other two.

Minigun Jim said:
@touriste
I'm talking about the unmodded version. I was sure that the brothers were:
Leather armor
Combat Armor
Power Armor
in that order.
I can't find any confirmation online though. Might ask a friend who's playin a clean install.
Unmodded, Toad has leather armor and a H&K CAWS, Newt has leather jacket with a LSW, Snake has combat armor and a H&K G11E.

Edit: Encountered them all, so these are confirmed.

Second Torr quest does not activate...( His mom has you go find him in the area with the robots)
Which I guess does not activate the exxtended rustling quest ( I found the claws etc)

I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly as the old ladies chest is locked in Arroyo..there was a trap at Vics....Kaga encounter etc

But no second Torr quest .....

Now I'm beginning to wonder what else doesn't work...

ogreb said:
Second Torr quest does not activate...( His mom has you go find him in the area with the robots)
Which I guess does not activate the exxtended rustling quest ( I found the claws etc)

I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly as the old ladies chest is locked in Arroyo..there was a trap at Vics....Kaga encounter etc

But no second Torr quest .....

Now I'm beginning to wonder what else doesn't work...
Find out who is rustling the brahmin activates when you talk with the Buckners about what is going on in town.

Yeah my bad....

I went out of snyc on quests steps..

Sorry....!!!

I do love them exp points..yummy...!!!!

Excellent mod so far....I like the Kaga thing...( You would think that I would know him though...huh ?...he's from my village..hmmm??)

Looking forward to the rest

ogreb said:
Excellent mod so far....I like the Kaga thing...( You would think that I would know him though...huh ?...he's from my village..hmmm??)
1.2 of the RP will explain this more.

Maybe I spoke to soon...I'm still not getting it.

I talk to the lady about local events..she tells me about the mutilations...I talk to the Duntons..turn down thier offer..explore and exaimine the slaughterhouse ...get the brand message..
Talk to the bar owner..get local info..
Then I go talk to Torr....go protect herd...get rad parts...go back..

And no second Torr quest...all I get is Smiley...if I talk to her before I help Torr...all I get Smiley...

Me thinks that it must be Charisma related to get quest...as my current charactor is only 5 ( usually 7)...or speech..

And I know it's not just Survivor mod related as I see the quest on several walkthroughs....and I know years ago playing vanilla F2 I got it also....

Must be charisma or speech related...

You can't get the quest where you have to find Torr from the canyon if you help Torr to protect the brahmins. You'll only get it if you help Duntons to fool Torr.

And then. Once you talk to the Duntons and find the claws you should be able to tell that you think that Duntons are mutilating the brahmins. Then you are asked to get more evidence and then once you examine the brahmins you see that the brands are off. After that you can bust the Duntons.

But if you chose to stand with Duntons and threat them after rescue Torr from the robot, you can't mark the quest as completion on your Pipboy.
Is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back