Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slaughter Manslaught said:
Omegawolf said:
@Slaughter Manslaught

I think he was wearing Power Armor in the vanilla version as well, wasn't he?

Well, I did more memory-searching, but no, I don't remember Newt Morton atacking me with Power Armor. Light Support Gun, sure, but Power Armor I have no memory off. Where the hell he got one of those, anyway?

Also, I just found Kaga with Advanced Power Armor and a Gatling Laser. He joined the Enclave or something?! I had a hell of a hard time taking him down, by the way...

Yep, Norton's never had power armor or combat armor.

You have 5 encounters with kaga :
- 1st: 100hp, 5 spears, bag(1 super stimpak, 1000$)
- 2nd: 200hp, leather armor, 14mm pistol, ammo, bag(1 empty assault rifle, 250$)
- 3rd: 250hp, metal armor, Assault Rifle, ammo, bag(empty mini-gun, 500$)
- 4th: 300hp, combat armor, mini-gun, ammo, bag(empty laser rifle, 1000$)
- 5th and last: 350hp, power armor MKII, 3 plasma grenades, 5 stimpacks, bag(pulse rifle, ammo, 5000$)

source: Fallout Bible 8 ^^

ressurection666 said:
i don't know if this has been mentioned yet but when i enter the EPA and actually get into the building via the ventilation system or whatever it is and try to take the lift down my game crashes and exits. this happens when trying to go to sub level 1,2 or 3. Am i doing something wrong?? i have not got the official patch installed and i used the intallation version of the expansion.

I quote:
"For some people, the Restoration 1.1 crashes when using the elevators in the EPA. To fix this, you have to set/change the "art_cache_size" in the fallout2.cfg file to a higher value, like "art_cache_size=255" or more."

thank you for the help but i am very new to modding i have never done anything to the game before i came across the expansion by chance actually whilst just browsing other fallout sites on google. so please forgive me if i ask too many questions but how do i find the art file thing and how do i change it as i have been having a long through the fallout file but i could not see anything like that.

also i will try re-installing the expansion now i have just re-installed F02.

ressurection666 said:
also i will try re-installing the expansion now i have just re-installed F02.
Calm down, dude. Read my previous post again. You missed at least two crucial things in it.

ressurection666 said:
so please forgive me if i ask too many questions but how do i find the art file thing and how do i change it as i have been having a long through the fallout file but i could not see anything like that.

Install the game. Apply the patch. Just right click on the Fallout install folder, select "search", write "fallout2.cfg". When the file is found, right click on the file, select "open with", use notepad. Click "edit" (upper left side of the window), write "art_cache_size", when it's found, change the number after "=" to 260.

That's all, play the game & enjoy.

P.S. RE-installing won't fix anything...

Just an update on where I am in 1.2 progress.

All bugs reported that I could confirm have been addressed. I am currently in the process of adding in some new additions to 1.2 (diplomatic dialogue with kaga as well as a few other suggestions from the suggestion thread) as well as adding in the npc armor mod as an option with the installer.

In addition, I have finished up my patch and am currently testing some of the bug fixes I added. This means the final update to my unofficial patch should hit the streets by as early as tomorrow and no later than the end of the week. Release date of 1.2 of the RP is still set for May 31st.

killap said:
All bugs reported that I could confirm have been addressed.
Maybe if you said which bugs you couldn't confirm, others could try to confirm them, I don't know.

touriste said:
Er... they always have had. And one always had the LSW. I used to take it for Marcus sometimes in case i ran out of 5mm. It's why it's a good idea to lay off the Frog Morton quest unless you have a good armour piercing or accurate weapon.

touriste said:
- 2nd: 200hp, leather armor, 14mm pistol, ammo, bag(1 empty assault rifle, 250$)

It's different for this patch. He has ~$200, 100 .223 rounds and a Hunting Rifle. I know because I knocked him out and took them. :P

possible bug

Did anyone else's game crash when attempting to fix the "garbled speech" hologram on the red level of EPA? I used Repair on the left of the two units on the left wall and the game crashed. I reloaded and used Repair on the red glittery unit and the hologram was repaired correctly without crashing.

Also, is it possible to make a sub-forum for this mod? It would make it easier to check if various bugs have been already mentioned instead of searching through one massive thread.

touriste wrote:

It's different for this patch. He has ~$200, 100 .223 rounds and a Hunting Rifle. I know because I knocked him out and took them. Razz

Yes , me too , hard time for me to knock him because lack of ammo for my shotgun .

Re: possible bug

Vardaman said:
Did anyone else's game crash when attempting to fix the "garbled speech" hologram on the red level of EPA? I used Repair on the left of the two units on the left wall and the game crashed. I reloaded and used Repair on the red glittery unit and the hologram was repaired correctly without crashing.

Also, is it possible to make a sub-forum for this mod? It would make it easier to check if various bugs have been already mentioned instead of searching through one massive thread.
All bugs should be reported here:
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/index.php?title=F2RP_Technical_Info

Minigun Jim said:
touriste said:
Er... they always have had. And one always had the LSW. I used to take it for Marcus sometimes in case i ran out of 5mm. It's why it's a good idea to lay off the Frog Morton quest unless you have a good armour piercing or accurate weapon.

Hu? Strange, for me they were always in leather armor or Ian'skin (black and blue) mhmm.. and one guy un combat armor but no super armor :p

Are you talking about RP previous patch or just the "classical" fallout2?

Hello there,

I'm working in the Mutants Rising mod team, and got tipped off by Continuum that I should post this girl model I made here, for possible use in the restoration project as Sulik's sister. I don't know if it is needed to replace the current one with this one, but here goes anyway ;)

girl_render_388x200_smile_fo2.gif

Cheers,

eimink

Re: possible bug

Vardaman said:
What version of the RP are you running? I had disabled repairing from the hologram himself and made it only possible from the hologram generators. I made this change February 5th, so I guess it was part of one of the silent updates.

Eiminkääntekijä said:
Hello there,

I'm working in the Mutants Rising mod team, and got tipped off by Continuum that I should post this girl model I made here, for possible use in the restoration project as Sulik's sister. I don't know if it is needed to replace the current one with this one, but here goes anyway ;)

girl_render_388x200_smile_fo2.gif

Cheers,

eimink

I can't say i can see the family resemblance!! But good work. Have you made any expressions for her?

Killap > I found a bug, when I fail a steal attempt on the npc in Slaver camp, they don't attack me nor say something.

Josan12 said:
I can't say i can see the family resemblance!! But good work. Have you made any expressions for her?

The lack of family resemblance might come from the fact that I didn't make this one with Sulik's sister in mind - it was just something I made while testing some tools ;)

I've made some basic expressions for her (happy, neutral, angry) and some phonems for testing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back