Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) As far as I remember the tribal from Primitive Tribe who wants knifes and spears says that it doesn't matter if we bring him regular or sharpened spears. I brought him 5 sharpened spears however and he didn't accept it, so i Had to find some regular ones.

2) Probably reported already but repairing the Gecko power plant quest crosses out itself at some point. Firstly I talked to Harold about all the stuff, and then to MClure but all I could say is that I repaired the power plant. I was in the reactor 5 just once (to do quest for Skeeter) but I don't believe the presence of Chosen One fixed the plant :]

For now these are the main things I noticed, but heh, this version still seems to be "a little" bugged. Anyway the restoration project is quite good, but the changes done by Killap himself are a bit different from what we see in Fallout2 normally. For now I'd grade it for 4/6, but I'm still in VC - Gecko area:)

About related subject - I'm glad to see that some thingeys that I reported a while ago were taken into consideration and have its place in the expantion:]

In Abbey while doing water pump quest you can recive 100 xp for finding out about the brocken engine each time you examine the pump. Also, it seems that you don't have to talk to Dave to get the new motor from Harry in VC - dialogue about you knowing Dave appears regardles of actually talking to him in Abbey or not.

Btw, is there any way to get to the printing room (the one with guy named Max, whom you nead to give the machine part) in the Cathedral's basement? There seems to be a ledder to the ground floor but no way reach it from the above.

Thanks to everyone who suggested turning off compatibility mode. I didn't realise, as vanilla Fallout always ran better in win95 mode :). Cheers.

Taleyran said:
Btw, is there any way to get to the printing room (the one with guy named Max, whom you nead to give the machine part) in the Cathedral's basement? There seems to be a ledder to the ground floor but no way reach it from the above.
Yes, to get there, look for the trapdoor on the ground behind the preacher in the chapel.

cheers

Hi there!

Killap why have you changed sounds associated with Bozar?

I am asking cause, you see, Bozar is firing 15 bullets at one burst and it is clear the sound of this burst must be similar to the sound of, for example, automatic sniper-rifle (like in the original fallout 2) but not of a shotgun.

Well, maybe you had some reasons. I do not know.

I need someone with Windows 95, 98, ME, to test something for me. So if you are running this OS, or have access to it, and are willing to do a quick 30 second test for me, please post here or send me a pm.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Also, I had asked this in the past, but I don't believe I ever got an answer to it. I need someone with the DVD version of the game (the Fallout collection DVD, or whatever it is) to check the Fallout registry value.

Go to your start menu, then click run and type regedit.
Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Next, go to SOFTWARE
Next, go to Interplay
Next, go to Fallout2

Now, what is the name of the next folder. (examples include 1.0, 1.02d, 1.02e, etc)

So far, the only values I know of are 1.0, 1.02d, and 1.02e. If there are others, I NEED to know about them.

GanymeDes- said:
Anyone? I used to run Windows ME on my old PC, but now it has XP as well...

Actually, someone pmed me and what I need done has been taken care of. I no longer need anyone with Windows 95, 98, ME to test something for me.

Still need registry entry info though.

Bozar said:
Hi, killap
Firstly, thank for your great work.
I would like to know if your expansion is compatible with the new resolution mod Fallout2_Resolution_Patch_v1.0

Also, will the latest version of sfall (1.25 I believe) be included in the RP 1.2?

killap said:
EDIT:

Also, I had asked this in the past, but I don't believe I ever got an answer to it. I need someone with the DVD version of the game (the Fallout collection DVD, or whatever it is) to check the Fallout registry value.

Go to your start menu, then click run and type regedit.
Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Next, go to SOFTWARE
Next, go to Interplay
Next, go to Fallout2

Now, what is the name of the next folder. (examples include 1.0, 1.02d, 1.02e, etc)

So far, the only values I know of are 1.0, 1.02d, and 1.02e. If there are others, I NEED to know about them.

It's 1.0

I can't believe what I've just seen, but it really happened:

I was walking from Redding to The Den, and then I found those guys. I thought they were harmless so I acepted the random encounter. And then...

whatthefuckwb9.jpg

... I found out that Newt Morton has a POWER AMOR!! And I mean it! Goddman, my laser rifle dind't even DENT his stuff! Even my Red Ryder LE did more damage! After my round, Newt came to me, knocked me down with a punch and then...

holyshitgg0.jpg

@Bozar:

Resolution patch works just fine.

@Elitech

Of course I will include the latest sfall in 1.2

@rogerg2

Thanks for checking.

@Slaughter Manslaught

I think he was wearing Power Armor in the vanilla version as well, wasn't he?

@Killap

When traveling to the Primary Village from the Den, I've noticed encounters always seem to happen in the "rave" area, with the stone arrows on the ground and Bob's Gecko stand in there.

Edit: Or rather, the Primitive Village. Geez, that's the second time I've typed Primary Village. Got Digimon stuck in my head even though it's been forever.

Omegawolf said:
@Slaughter Manslaught

I think he was wearing Power Armor in the vanilla version as well, wasn't he?

Well, I did more memory-searching, but no, I don't remember Newt Morton atacking me with Power Armor. Light Support Gun, sure, but Power Armor I have no memory off. Where the hell he got one of those, anyway?

Also, I just found Kaga with Advanced Power Armor and a Gatling Laser. He joined the Enclave or something?! I had a hell of a hard time taking him down, by the way...

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet but when i enter the EPA and actually get into the building via the ventilation system or whatever it is and try to take the lift down my game crashes and exits. this happens when trying to go to sub level 1,2 or 3. Am i doing something wrong?? i have not got the official patch installed and i used the intallation version of the expansion.

secondly when i found Suliks sister and took her back home sulik said "we do some byes and meet you on the road out" or words to that effect however i am unable to get him back into my party i tried goinb back after a few days travelling to the den and back however he still would not re-join my party.

also the guy in the primitive village does not accept sharpened spears they all have to be normal spears.

other than that this expansion is fantastic it has really got me back to playing fallout after months of not using it.

my computer is running on Windows Vista i don't know if this has anything to do with why i am experianceing problems, also i do not have the origional game i have the fallout collection disk.

thanks in advance for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back