Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RCCCL said:
killap said:
Mostly done with Den issues on the wiki. Still working out some oddities with the Den Residential map and updating for the orphanage.

Got two reports I need some verifications on:

Code:
In the Den, I successfully persuaded the squatters to leave the orphanage, but as soon as I moved combat initiated as if I had taken the kill them route. 

Movement is lagging in Den, even after removal of orphans, probably too many animation. Returning to Den from encounter or using town/world map caused black screen and crashed to desktop. Plus, some den addict keep attacking me for no reason.. too high? both east & west den...

Can anyone confirm them or provide more information?

EDIT
And another issue from Broken Hills:

Code:
Eric didn't give me the reward for his quest. (the buffout or the money), even though it said he did in the dialogue. This may be because I had barter part of the 150 off him earlier.

Please confirm.

I can confirm the slowdown and being attacked by an addict in the Den. I didn't experience any slowdown till I was leaving the Den to head towards Vault City(Modoc). The last thing I did was talk to Smitty about the Car. I had one addict go hostile on me on the west side. Combat was initiated, and the addict immediately fled(shuffled away), at which time I was able to end combat.

Just to note for both. Getting attacked my an addict in The Den is and always was part of vanilla Fallout2, this is not a bug.

killap: Thank you very much!

One thing I did notice, in regards to the Kaga encounters - they're not like the Morton Bros encounters. If you can avoid Kaga, you've lost him for good...or at least until the next encounter in the line is due.

Two little bugs in the Raiders map:

# If you choose to enter via the "Cliff" map (after having visited the location more than once) you can scroll too far to the left and down with the camera. At least that is the case when you arrive by car.

# Your party members take no damage from falling down the pits in the Raider caves.

FO2 patching guide?

First of all, thank you VERY much killap for all you do for us FO2 fans!!! It is much appreciated.

I had a working FO2 installation running the official 1.02d patch. Wasn't too far into it this time, so I'm not worried about saving the savegames. I tried installing three patches, and am now getting AreaInit errors. When I reinstall, which of these do I need to put in, and what is the proper order?

Official FO2 Patch v1.02d
Killap's Unofficial FO2 Patch v1.02.26
Killap's FO2 Restoration Project v2.0
Mash's Fallout2 High Resolution Patch v2.2b

I run Win7Pro in 1440x900 32-bit, and the colors look funky when I load FO2. I really don't need the game itself hi-res, but I would like the colors to not be inverted/flaky.

Thanks for your time.

Don´t install the Official Patch! It will cause errorrs.

Only Install FallOut 2 and the Restoration Project. The installer includes everything that is needed.

Re: FO2 patching guide?

niteowl2k said:
First of all, thank you VERY much killap for all you do for us FO2 fans!!! It is much appreciated.

I had a working FO2 installation running the official 1.02d patch. Wasn't too far into it this time, so I'm not worried about saving the savegames. I tried installing three patches, and am now getting AreaInit errors. When I reinstall, which of these do I need to put in, and what is the proper order?

Official FO2 Patch v1.02d
Killap's Unofficial FO2 Patch v1.02.26
Killap's FO2 Restoration Project v2.0
Mash's Fallout2 High Resolution Patch v2.2b

I run Win7Pro in 1440x900 32-bit, and the colors look funky when I load FO2. I really don't need the game itself hi-res, but I would like the colors to not be inverted/flaky.

Thanks for your time.
1. Install Fallout 2.
2. Do not install any patches.
3. Install the Restoration project. In the installer options you can choose whatever extras you want, but be sure to pick the high-res one as it's needed for a couple of maps to work correctly.
4. Add any updates from the the first post of this thread.
5. Please don't install any other mods unless compatibility is confirmed.
6. Enjoy 8-)

Re: FO2 patching guide?

Darek said:
niteowl2k said:
First of all...
Thanks for your time.
1. Install Fallout 2.
2. Do not install any patches.
3. Install the Restoration project. In the installer options you can choose whatever extras you want, but be sure to pick the high-res one as it's needed for a couple of maps to work correctly.
4. Add any updates from the the first post of this thread.
5. Please don't install any other mods unless compatibility is confirmed.
6. Enjoy 8-)

Make sure you install it in some directory like C:\f2 or c:\fallout since putting it in Program Files can result in many errors on Windows 7
Also use DirectX Web Setup to download any missing DirectX files since DirectX 11 from Windows 7 does not have all files from pervious versions.
For colors not to be funky in Fallout go OPTIONS - SCRN and set color to 16bit. That will fix it.

In Broken Hills:

I don't get the 500 xp for finding the missing people in the caves, and can't tell Dan about his wife. There any fixes for this?

Is it possible to get Liz's weapons stash also? I get the dialog, but a rug is where the manhole used to be. Help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hey ye. I have some serious issues. After some save loads (maybe ~5 in fight) I can't do any damage to anyone. Also enemy doesn't do any damage. So you basically stuck. Its does help to run away to "green area" and come back. Everything ok then. But at this stage for me its unplayable. Is it just me?

skalderis said:
Hey ye. I have some serious issues. After some save loads (maybe ~5 in fight) I can't do any damage to anyone. Also enemy doesn't do any damage. So you basically stuck. Its does help to run away to "green area" and come back. Everything ok then. But at this stage for me its unplayable. Is it just me?
no it happened to other people who save in combat. it's an engine thing, not RP. so as a general rule, don't save in combat.

So, about the Den - still can't get in there at all without a crash. Someone else by the screenname blanca seems to be having the same trouble I am, with the same error message. The suggested fix was to use an uploaded set of Den maps (which, I presume, were working for that person). Doing so changed nothing - I still couldn't get into the Den without the same crash and message. To answer a question asked of blanca: Yes, I have the hi-res patch installed, and am playing at 800x600. To answer other possible questions: no, not using Dx9 mode at all. I am using the appearance mod - my char is a long haired dude, just for the variety. Any thoughts?

killap said:
Got two reports I need some verifications on:

Code:
Movement is lagging in Den, even after removal of orphans, probably too many animation. Returning to Den from encounter or using town/world map caused black screen and crashed to desktop. Plus, some den addict keep attacking me for no reason.. too high? both east & west den...

Can anyone confirm them or provide more information?
Movement was lagging for me in the Den but only when the ghost (Anna) was visible (it never lagged during the day), and only on that map. As soon as I gave her the amulet (and she disappeared) the lagging stopped. I don't have a save unfortunately. (This was also without the high-res patch.)

So, about the Den - still can't get in there at all without a crash. Someone else by the screenname blanca seems to be having the same trouble I am, with the same error message. The suggested fix was to use an uploaded set of Den maps (which, I presume, were working for that person). Doing so changed nothing - I still couldn't get into the Den without the same crash and message. To answer a question asked of blanca: Yes, I have the hi-res patch installed, and am playing at 800x600. To answer other possible questions: no, not using Dx9 mode at all. I am using the appearance mod - my char is a long haired dude, just for the variety. Any thoughts?
Maybe the lagging is related to why the Den is crashing for some people.

Do people with Den crashes have the resolution patch installed? Also, people with Den crashes, please post a save game.

Timeslip said:

Thanks for explaining Timeslip :)

I do not have time and will to scout through all these 40 pages and I did not noticed the bug tracker of any sort, so please forgive me.

But i can't help myself and not thank you all for this mod by not supplying my feedback(at least that i can do).

Another bug i submit is:
-in Modoc, after you talk with Vegir and get back to Modoc; Balthas, when you click to chat with Balthas, you see the "final" words you've heard from Johnny (like: "please talk to Vegir, because i want to go home") and the only dialog option you have is: "go on". After you chose it, conversation ends. I know it is minor, but i am just letting you know :)

Will post more bugs I encounter unless you tell me to stop (or point to some kind of bugzilla or something)

Thank you :)

First of all, thank you killap for your hard work!!!
Now, to my problem: it´s quite simple really, I can´t save. Anyone knows what might be wrong?

Iguana Bob said:
Now, to my problem: it´s quite simple really, I can´t save. Anyone knows what might be wrong?
If you are not using the new long hair critter model, then go to your main F2 directory, open up ddraw.ini and change EnableHeroAppearanceMod to 0

killap said:
Iguana Bob said:
If you are not using the new long hair critter model, then go to your main F2 directory, open up ddraw.ini and change EnableHeroAppearanceMod to 0

I did that, but I keep getting the same thing: "Error saving game! Unable to save game"...
By the way, the game works fine with the unnoficial patch, but it´s the restoration project the problematic one.

Iguana Bob said:
killap said:
Iguana Bob said:

I did that, but I keep getting the same thing: "Error saving game! Unable to save game"...
By the way, the game works fine with the unnoficial patch, but it´s the restoration project the problematic one.
The hero mod only messes with loading saves made while in combat.
The problem here seem to be stuff remaining in the registry from a previous Fallout install (maybe only RP install?). Reinstalling to a folder outside of C:\Program Files has helped some but not all. Also, the Windows version does not seem to matter. I think there's a thread somewhere about this.
Anyway, I would suggest trying a registry cleaning program like CCleaner.

killap, could you tell where your installer puts stuff in the registry?
It might be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back